DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/17 - 1/23/2022

Dolfan in NYC

37 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

The best NXT match from last year imo was the Dunne/Dragunov match that was just build-up to Dragunov/Walter. Dunne vs. Melo and The Way vs. Bronson/Dexter/Shotzi/Ember were two of my other favorite NXT matches from last year. The Thatcher/Ciampa fight pit and Finn/KoR rematch happened on weekly shows. They had build in the sense that they were longer feuds, but I don't think either match was hyped for more than a couple weeks and weren't on "Halloween Havoc" type shows.

Most, if not all of these, had build and fit into good tv matches to me opposed to MOTYC. Both Walter matches you compared the Strong match to were on ppv and one went 40+ minutes.

I only meant to compare the aspect of Bate/Ilya being able to get high-impact offense on Walter. Overall quality wise, I would look at Walter's matches vs. Ciampa and Kushida that were more sprint-y. The quality of the Kushida match in particular would be about what I expected from this one, but it fell short imo, largely because they didn't let Roddy do much.

I'll give the benefit of the doubt on Sarray. Every chance it's something she's into and going to put in 100%. We all jumped on the Asuka/Sane team before finding out it was their idea.

Gunther though is just so bad and WWE have a track record of evil stereotypes. They also tried Hirohito with my boy, Kenzo Suzuki, back in the day.

7 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is it just me or if TK gave one of their Joshi wrestlers a Sailor Moon gimmick, a lot less people would be complaining about it? 

The thing is though, AEW doesn't give people gimmicks. Name any AEW wrestler who isn't doing the same character in AEW that they were doing on the indies (or wherever they were working before AEW, anyway)? The only people who've really changed, are the people who jumped from WWE. Perhaps the Moxley and Miro characters are closer to what the actual real people wanted to be portrayed as, than Ambrose and Rusev were.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Eivion said:

Then that goes to another issue where I'm still befuddled as to why anyone who thinks the worst every time even bothers with it, be that watching and/or commenting.

I doubt you're befuddled even a little. Because it's a pretty obvious answer. Just like why there's call in talk radio for sports and people call in talking shit on their favorite team. Fandom is fickle. But just because you hate the current management team of your favorite franchise and criticize all their moves, doesn't mean you can just walk away. At it's core WWE is what a lot of us grew up on. We'd like to like it. We just don't agree with a lot of the dumb management decisions. If you're entertained, cool. But doing dumb shit like putting a singlet on Keith Lee and calling him Bearcat for no reason is dumb as fuck to me, since Keith Lee was over AF both on the indies and on NXT. But I digress.

And the truthful reason you see so much anti WWE sentiment is because once the tides turn it's almost impossible to turn it back. WCW was awesome as fuck up until a certain point. Then it became god awful trash so bad it could never be redeemed. When in reality in late 2000 they started righting the ship a bit. But it didn't matter. The tide rose so high there was no coming back. That's where WWE is the court of public opinion. I'm sure swimming against the tide with your thoughts gets frustrating but it's never going to change at this point. WWE is going to be ragged on until there's a major management shakeup for the better. I know Vince takes all the heat (and he deserves a lot of it) but the truth is the decline of creative coincides 1,000% with Bruce Prichard's return. He's bringing out Vince's worst instincts and until something changes there, WWE is gonna stay being the red headed step child.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I doubt you're befuddled even a little. Because it's a pretty obvious answer. Just like why there's call in talk radio for sports and people call in talking shit on their favorite team. Fandom is fickle. But just because you hate the current management team of your favorite franchise and criticize all their moves, doesn't mean you can just walk away. At it's core WWE is what a lot of us grew up on. We'd like to like it. We just don't agree with a lot of the dumb management decisions. If you're entertained, cool. But doing dumb shit like putting a singlet on Keith Lee and calling him Bearcat for no reason is dumb as fuck to me, since Keith Lee was over AF both on the indies and on NXT. But I digress.

And the truthful reason you see so much anti WWE sentiment is because once the tides turn it's almost impossible to turn it back. WCW was awesome as fuck up until a certain point. Then it became god awful trash so bad it could never be redeemed. When in reality in late 2000 they started righting the ship a bit. But it didn't matter. The tide rose so high there was no coming back. That's where WWE is the court of public opinion. I'm sure swimming against the tide with your thoughts gets frustrating but it's never going to change at this point. WWE is going to be ragged on until there's a major management shakeup for the better. I know Vince takes all the heat (and he deserves a lot of it) but the truth is the decline of creative coincides 1,000% with Bruce Prichard's return. He's bringing out Vince's worst instincts and until something changes there, WWE is gonna stay being the red headed step child.

I don't watch sports or listen to talk radio so I don't understand that mindset. Not really sure why you felt the need to add your two cents either. I already got answer from the person I was actually talking to, and I'm not sure why you felt the need to start that entire statement off with basically calling me a liar. Please just leave me the fuck alone.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I don't watch sports or listen to talk radio so I don't understand that mindset. Not really sure why you felt the need to add your two cents either. I already got answer from the person I was actually talking to, and I'm not sure why you felt the need to start that entire statement off with basically calling me a liar. Please just leave me the fuck alone.

Dude it's message board for discussion of wrestling. I'm adding to the discussion. You've pulled this before when someone else quoted you. That's how message boards work. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt as someone that just enjoys what he sees and wants to stick up for it. But you constantly get aggressive and shitty with people for using a message board... the way it's intended to be used. If you have such a problem with people adding their two cents to your opinions maybe a podcast is a better medium for you to not have to deal with any feedback in real time to your opinions?

Also, leave you the fuck alone? Do you work for WWE? In what way did I say anything close to Eivion is a shitty man with shitty opinions, lets get him? Oh. I didn't. I added to the discussion by giving an answer to your question, but by also giving a legitimate reason why I think there's such an anti WWE sentiment in wrestling fandom. If you're taking that personally that's a YOU problem not a ME problem.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Dude it's message board for discussion of wrestling. I'm adding to the discussion. You've pulled this before when someone else quoted you. That's how message boards work. I want to give you the benefit of the doubt as someone that just enjoys what he sees and wants to stick up for it. But you constantly get aggressive and shitty with people for using a message board... the way it's intended to be used. If you have such a problem with people adding their two cents to your opinions maybe a podcast is a better medium for you to not have to deal with any feedback in real time to your opinions?

Also, leave you the fuck alone? Do you work for WWE? In what way did I say anything close to Eivion is a shitty man with shitty opinions, lets get him? Oh. I didn't. I added to the discussion by giving an answer to your question, but by also giving a legitimate reason why I think there's such an anti WWE sentiment in wrestling fandom. If you're taking that personally that's a YOU problem not a ME problem.

You started your comment off by insulting me so please drop the pretense. I'm just not bothering with your shit anymore.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Eivion said:

You started your comment off by insulting me so please drop the pretense. I'm just not bothering with your shit anymore.

"I doubt you're befuddled even a little. Because it's a pretty obvious answer."

That's an insult? Insinuating you are smart enough to not be confused by something is an insult? Dude trust me if I wanted to insult someone it would be much more direct. If you are "not bothering with my shit" there's a shiny ignore button. Hit that. But it's not going to have the functionality of stopping me from being able to quote your posts. Because that's one of the purposes here. And just for future reference since this site appears to be pretty user unfriendly for you, if you have a question you'd only like a response from only one certain poster on.... there's a private message function. Then no one else can add their two cents. Or use your question as a jumping off point. Or... gasp... quote you.

I'll end by saying this. Me being unhappy with WWE's product has nothing to do with you. I have no personal agenda against you by speaking negatively of a wrestling product I don't currently enjoy. So please don't feel the need to defend their honor as if it's a shot at you. I'm not insulting you personally when I take a shot at WWE. Wouldn't think I'd have to specify that, but here we are.

Oh shit. I just noticed you're from Houston, Texas. Bruce Prichard is from Houston, Texas.

I insulted Bruce Prichard. You said I insulted you.

Did you... did you just out yourself as Bruce Prichard?

It all makes sense now ?

Edited to add : I wanted to end this on a lighter note, so that's why I added this dumb joke. I'm done now lol.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Again, how lazy is this booking?  Why the hell would Roman run in and punch Seth? Punch an Uso, get Seth disqualified and enjoy your vacation until Wrestlemania.

Same stupid buildup as the Raw side leading to Day 1. 

• Like 3

On 1/20/2022 at 6:47 PM, cubbymark said:

I eagerly await WALTER/Gunther turning into the EuroPop singer Gunther, doing an Alex Wright gimmick and mauling the shit out of people.

Yup, when I heard Gunther, this was the guy I thought of!

• Like 1

So the new "issue" is people OUTRAGED that they called Summer Rae a "WWE Legend".   Now supposedly the term "WWE Legend" in WWE language is anyone that used to work for the WWE in the past.  I guess we will see if for some reason a Bam Neely or Adam Rose reappears if they call him a "WWE Legend" or not ?

While I would definitely not put Summer Rae in legend status, her influence in the NXT women's division is a a lot wider than people think

• Like 1

Last night Smackdowns ratings are 2.136 million. Expect higher final ratings on Monday. 

The show usually beats all the other Wrestling/MMA shows tv ratings.

Edited by D.Z

17 hours ago, hammerva said:

So the new "issue" is people OUTRAGED that they called Summer Rae a "WWE Legend".   Now supposedly the term "WWE Legend" in WWE language is anyone that used to work for the WWE in the past.  I guess we will see if for some reason a Bam Neely or Adam Rose reappears if they call him a "WWE Legend" or not ?

While I would definitely not put Summer Rae in legend status, her influence in the NXT women's division is a a lot wider than people think

If everyone is a Superstar, it's not too big of a stretch for all former Superstars to be Legends.

• Like 1