DVDVR Message Board

MMA Live TV Event Discussion Thread, First Quarter 2022

Elsalvajeloco

14 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I'm kinda bummed Luque lost, but I like Belal so it's kinda bittersweet as well. It's just that I wish Luque could finally break through. After Saturday, it feels like he's destined to sit right outside the top 5-6 fighters in the division.

On the bright side we might be on the verge of a Luque/Burns fight.

• Like 1

FQJdwgfWYAAjcYj.jpg?1649779120

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 63: Lemos vs. Andrade 
April 23, 2022
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Amando Lemos (115) vs. Jéssica Andrade (115.5) - Andrade, SUB (standing arm triangle), R1 (3:13)
Clay Guida (154) vs. Claudio Puelles (155.5) - Puelles, SUB (kneebar), R1 (3:01)
Maycee Barber (125.5) vs. Montana De La Rosa (125.5) - Barber, DEC (unanimous)
Landon Vannata (146) vs. Charles Jourdain (144.5) - Jourdain, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (2:32)
Jordan Wright (190) vs. Marc-André Barriault (188.5) - Barriault, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (2:36)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Dwight Grant (170.5) vs. Sergey Khandozhko (169.5) - Khandozhko, TKO (punches), R2 (4:15)
Tyson Pedro (205) vs. Isaac Villanueva (205.5) - Pedro, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:55)
Qileng Aori (136) vs. Cameron Else (135) - Aori, TKO (punches), R1 (2:48)
Preston Parsons (170) vs. Evan Elder (170) - Parsons, DEC (unanimous)
Marcin Prachnio (205) vs. Philipe Lins (205) - Lins, DEC (unanimous)
Dean Barry (170.5) vs. Mike Jackson (170) - Jackson, DQ (eye gouge), R1 (3:52)

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Claudio Puelles
Performance of the Night: Jéssica Andrade
Fight of the Night: Dwight Grant vs. Sergey Khandozhko

Ike Villanueva is a guy with a glaring weakness, who is bizarrely insistent on doing nothing to defend it. It's bizarre. I don't think I've ever seen a guy get a leg kick KO, when they only land 3 kicks to the leg. Usually it's more of an extended accumulation of damage thing.

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

Ike Villanueva is a guy with a glaring weakness, who is bizarrely insistent on doing nothing to defend it. It's bizarre. I don't think I've ever seen a guy get a leg kick KO, when they only land 3 kicks to the leg. Usually it's more of an extended accumulation of damage thing.

I've seen several fights where the first low kick does damage and you can tell right away, but usually guys just circle away and try their best to hide it. 

On 4/23/2022 at 2:39 AM, Setsuna said:

And this happened :

That shit was nuts.  I tried to cheer quietly but then yelled and alerted my boss that I was indeed not taking the DoD Operations Security online training at the Army telework portal.

The Smilla Sundell / Jackie Buntan fight broke my heart.  Those two girls beat the Texas dog piss out of each other.  It was like watching your two favorite Disney kids smash each other's faces with closed fists.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:53 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

Your winner by Million Dollar Dream, Jessica Andrade.

I have been in a couple of BJJ scrambles and have never had the opportunity to slap the Cobra Clutch on someone.  I am not high enough level, I guess.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 2

UFC Fight Night

UFC Fight Night on ESPN 35: Font vs. Vera 
April 30, 2022
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Rob Font (138.5)* vs. Marlon Vera (136) - Vera, DEC (unanimous)
Andrei Arlovski (246) vs. Jake Collier (265) - Arlovski, DEC (split)
Andre Fili (145.5) vs. Joanderson Brito (145.5) - Brito, TKO (punches), R1 (0:41)
Jared Gordon (155.5) vs. Grant Dawson (155.5) - Dawson, SUB (rear naked choke), R3 (4:11)
Darren Elkins (145.5) vs. Tristan Connelly (146) - Elkins, DEC (unanimous)
Krzysztof Jotko (186) vs. Gerald Meerschaert (185) - Jotko, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN2 Preliminary Card:
Alexandr Romanov (236.5) vs. Chase Sherman (247) - Romanov, SUB (keylock), R1 (2:11)
Daniel Lacerda (125) vs. Francisco Figueiredo (125.5) - Figueiredo, SUB (kneebar), R1 (1:15)
Gabriel Green (170.5) vs. Yohan Lainesse (169) - Green, TKO (punches), R2 (4:02)
Natan Levy (155) vs. Mike Breeden (155.5) - Levy, DEC (unanimous)
Gina Mazany (126) vs. Shanna Young (125) - Young, TKO (punches), R2 (3:11)

*Forfeits 20% of purse for missing weight; Disqualified from Fight of the Night bonus and portion given to opponent

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Francisco Figueiredo
Performance of the Night: Joanderson Brito
Fight of the Night: Rob Font vs. Marlon Vera

Rating: 830,000 viewers