DVDVR Message Board

MMA Live TV Event Discussion Thread, First Quarter 2022

Elsalvajeloco

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I feel like they're going to allow Islam to continue to dominate a few more folks on the way to a title fight.

The Beneil would have put him next for sure, and it still seems like that's still his only path to securing it. It's a fucking awful matchup for Dustin Poirier, who might be looking for super fights from here on out. Chandler would've been a fun scrap but I guess he's in line for whatever Tony Tony Tony has left. So yeah, either he's just plain next or they have to wait and re-book the Dariush fight.

The guy is just a nightmare right now.

• Like 1

Fun show.

the blood in Tsarukyan/Alvarez was insane.

Nunes/Pascual was awesome, my favorite fight of the night. Josianne looked great and Pascual super tough.

Rodrigues not getting the win after the near-stump puller was criminal. 

I feel like every time Cirkunov fights anymore, I think "surely this is the fight where he starts winning again" and then he doesn't.

Felt bad for Bobby Green to get destroyed and it's basically treated as just "well this is what we all expected", considering his most recent impressive performances.

• 2 weeks later...

FMaELeZVQAE4u9W.jpg?1645758232

UFC Fight Night on ESPN+ 61: Santos vs. Ankalaev
March 12, 2022
Las Vegas, NV (UFC APEX)

Thiago Santos (205.5) vs. Magomed Ankalaev (205) - Ankalaev, DEC (unanimous)
Marlon Moraes (136) vs. Song Yadong (135.5) - Yadong, KO (punches), R1 (2:06)
Alex Caceres (145) vs. Sodiq Yusuff (145.5) - Yusuff, DEC (unanimous)
Khalil Rountree (205) vs. Karl Roberson (203) - Rountree, TKO (body kick and punches), R2 (0:25)
Drew Dober (155) vs. Terrance McKinney (156) - Dober, TKO (strikes), R1 (3:17)
Alex Pereira (186) vs. Bruno Silva (185.5) - Pereira, DEC (unanimous)

ESPN+ Preliminary Card:
Matthew Semelsberger (169) vs. A.J. Fletcher (170) - Semelsberger, DEC (unanimous)
JJ Aldrich (125.5) vs. Gillian Robertson (125.5) - Aldrich, DEC (unanimous)
Trevin Jones (135) vs. Javid Basharat (136) - Basharat, DEC (unanimous)
Damon Jackson (145.5) vs. Kamuela Kirk (145) - Jackson, SUB (arm triangle choke), R2 (4:42)
Sabino Mazo (125.5) vs. Miranda Maverick (125.5) - Maverick, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:15)
Dalcha Lungiambula (186) vs. Cody Brundage (185.5) - Brundage, SUB (guillotine choke), R1 (3:41)
Guido Cannetti (136) vs. Kris Moutinho (135) - Cannetti, TKO (punches), R1 (2:07)
Tafon Nchukwi (205.5) vs. Azamat Murzakanov (205.5) - Murzakanov, KO (flying knee), R3 (0:44)    

Event Bonuses ($50,000)
Performance of the Night: Azamat Murzakanov
Performance of the Night: Cody Brundage
Performance of the Night: Khalil Rountree
Performance of the Night: Song Yadong

15 hours ago, Setsuna said:

One Championship live now. The main card has been great so far. I'd say Lineker - Bibi in around 30 minutes and Le - Tonon in an hour or so. 

This is everything you'd hope for and more. Incredibly intense fight, both guys landed often and hard.

Damn, more ultra violence in the main event. 

Edited by Jiji

Yeah, last night's One show was a lot of fun. I'm not lying when I say that the co-main and main were my most anticipated fights this weekend. Knew Tonon and Bibi were longshots, knew it was likely to be two quick finishes, but was still entranced the whole time. Did not expect Bibi stepping in and trading with Lineker but he delivered (until getting KO'd). 

10 hours ago, Setsuna said:

Yeah, last night's One show was a lot of fun. I'm not lying when I say that the co-main and main were my most anticipated fights this weekend. Knew Tonon and Bibi were longshots, knew it was likely to be two quick finishes, but was still entranced the whole time. Did not expect Bibi stepping in and trading with Lineker but he delivered (until getting KO'd). 

He gassed out early in the second. Lineker didn't look to be breathing heavy at any point. I don't even know if it was a stamina issue as much as it is a toll of tremendous damage issue. Nobody will look fresh after taking that kind of damage and to his credit he took damn near double digit Lineker power shots and was landing clean shots of his own in return. Wouldn't be disappointed if we got a rematch, as I feel Bibi would lean more towards grappling than going blow for blow. Lineker did look safe on the ground to his credit