DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

17 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

In addition to Pac/Shota from RevPro airing on Dark tomorrow, we also get Thunder/Miyu from Tokyo Joshi Pro

FXaC6UBUsAE50We?format=jpg&name=large

Loving this!

I saw this poster on Reddit but it was smaller and I couldn't make out the event name.  I thought it said "Summer of Pettiness '22," which sounds like some sort of Curb Your Enthusiasm thing.

• Haha 5

Emi Sakura vs Paris Van Dale: Emi moves around the ring with her decades worth of assurance and confidence. She just grabbed the hair whenever she wanted to, put on a bite for the hell of it, asked Paris to hit her when it was too one-sided. Giving Bryce the tea was a great moment. I don't want to see him doing that on Dynamite, but he can get away with it on Elevation. Though not every week. It's the same thing with Uno's "hand the ref the leg to set up the neckbreaker" spot. There should be variations because the wrestlers and the refs are human beings and not just video game entities that always react the same to the same spots. Anyway, I'm glad Emi's back. She was missed from the show over the last few weeks.

JD Drake vs  Dante Martin: Great match. Wrote it up for SC for next Monday.

Julia Hart vs JC: I wonder what the creative decision is. behind Julia's name still being on her gear, also who taught her that submission. The way she kicks the limb out to set it up was so good. Full points for the bestial choke out of nowhere too. I'm ready to see what she does against Anna Jay or Skye Blue on the path to your Ruby Sohos and Toni Storms.

Page vs Delaney: Beginning and the end here were really good. Delaney knew what he had going for him and leaned into it. Page reacted well and fed into his stuff. The smirk after the eyepoke is quality stuff. The hairpull to set up a reversal working until it didn't is what you wanted. Then Delaney hitting the eyepoke on his comeback but getting crushed. Page walking over to the hard cam to hit the Edge fits his character perfectly. Didn't get the time of something like Martin vs Drake but if it did, it'd probably be just as good.

Anna Jay vs Reed: Again, this is why I'm up for seeing Jay vs Julia. Both are being super aggressive in different ways lately. Jay finding interesting angles to put on the Queenslayer really could be a DDP Diamond Cutter sort of gamechanger for her. It was a bit of an anchor around her and now she's finding a way to make it a positive.

Best Friends vs QT/Solo: Caprice did a great job playing off of Ogogo here, way better than what we've seen in the past from others. A lot of good precise spots and well timed near falls in this one. I really like how Taylor rolls after hitting the flip dive. I'd like to see him vs Comoroto one on one in 2022 too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Anna Jay vs Reed: Again, this is why I'm up for seeing Jay vs Julia. Both are being super aggressive in different ways lately. Jay finding interesting angles to put on the Queenslayer really could be a DDP Diamond Cutter sort of gamechanger for her. It was a bit of an anchor around her and now she's finding a way to make it a positive.

Eh.   The beauty of Anna Jay using the Sleeper Hold / Rear Naked Choke is that it is a hold that is supposed to work on everybody.  Tiny though she may be, If Anna can keep the Queenslayer applied long enough she should even be able to put someone like Nyla Rose out. 

One problem is that the Queenslayer is not protected the way it should be.  The other problem is that Anna does not have a flash finisher to fall back on.  Look at Chris Jericho.  You can tease like a dozen finishes in one match between the Liontamer, Lionsault, the Codebreaker, and the Judas Effect.

I think Anna could add volumes to her match psychology if all roads did not end with the Queenslayer and if the Queenslayer actually put away a quality opponent away who was much larger than Anna was.   Where are heel Kilynn King and Max the Impaler when you need them?

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Eh.   The beauty of Anna Jay using the Sleeper Hold / Rear Naked Choke is that it is a hold that is supposed to work on everybody.  Tiny though she may be, If Anna can keep the Queenslayer applied long enough she should even be able to put someone like Nyla Rose out. 

One problem is that the Queenslayer is not protected the way it should be.  The other problem is that Anna does not have a flash finisher to fall back on.  Look at Chris Jericho.  You can tease like a dozen finishes in one match between the Liontamer, Lionsault, the Codebreaker, and the Judas Effect.

I think Anna could add volumes to her match psychology if all roads did not end with the Queenslayer and if the Queenslayer actually put away a quality opponent away who was much larger than Anna was.   Where are heel Kilynn King and Max the Impaler when you need them?

More than anything Anna Jay needs to be working more than a single sub 10 minute match a week. I'd love to see AEW set-up an Indies booking department (if they haven't already) and get ppl like Anna, Jade, Toa, and any other greenhorne, working 2 or 3 matches on the weekend on top of the sub 10 minute AEW match. Is it possible that these rooks are working true Dark, empty arena, bouts at the factory or something? Perhaps that's AEW's idea of reps?

Has the Queenslayer not been protected? I don't remember anybody not going down (other than a rope break or whatever). Tho, I generally ffwd passed Anna's Dark bouts. You make a good point on the extra flash finish. Anna's so inexperienced, still at this point, that I just wish for the best with her. It's hard to expect somebody to be even this good at this point in their career. I also ask the question 'where is Kilynn King?', but for different reasoning. That lady needs an ROH contract yesterday. Tho, she badly needs a tasteful friend to get in her ear and lead her away from those awful hair colors. Something natural Ms. King.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

I hope they keep doing this AEW Wrestles The World stuff.  Send Tay down to Mexico.  Her versus Stephanie Vaquer would fucking rule on Dark.  I guess Konosuke versus Anthony Henry and Daniel Garcia versus Alan Angels is happening next week.  Man, they are getting a lot of footage from one day of taping.  It's the ACE of Tokyo Joshi Pro!  Miyu Yamashita has a style that should get over in the US if they can get more than three gals to agree to take an assbeating at the level she is best at.  Thunder Rosa is wearing the cowboy hat she and Toni Storm share!  It's awesome that Taz and Excalibur are calling a TJPW match.  Thunder goes to the mat and stays there!  Miyu CHANNELS Ricky Steamboat and hits a deep armdrag. They trade kicks to the back and I'm very excited about the rematch.  Actually, Yamashita doesn't really lay it in like Shibata or anything, but her kicks look good.  I could see her working her style in the US and not getting HEAT IN THE BACK~!  Thunder is working her US style and this match is good.  Thunder remembers that she has been wrestling against and with Toni Storm and remembers to lay it in and Miyu responds by laying it in.  They begin to lay it in.  It is laid in!  Nice Death Valley Bomb by Thunder!  FOR TWO!  Skull kick!  For two!  A GREAT MOTHERFUCKING EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX by Yamashita!  FOR TWO!  They roll-up and counter roll-up and Yamashita wins!  I await the rematch.  That was good.  It's regular Dark suddenly!  Isiah Cassidy USUALLY doesn't scream like a little girl but they are wrestling Bear Country.  Bear Country is secretly being pushed by being teamed with Leon Ruffin to take the pins.  Bear Bronson's gear is all loose now since he is getting all healthy and in shape.  Marq Quin SCREAMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL by being assaulted in the testicular region.  Bear Bronson becomes a face in peril!  Marq Quin CHEATS!  YESssss!  Bear Boulder on the apron gets the crowd behind Bronson's STRUGGLE to be free from being beaten by Private Party.  Bronson makes the tag and Private Party doesn;t pull Boulder off the apron so this isn't a CLASSIC Southern Tag.  Boulder uses his gorilla like strength to catch both members of PP and it is impressive!  Marq Quin reminds us that he is a world class highflier by hitting a beautiful Shooting Star Press.  That was fun.  Captain Shawn Dean!  He books Dark.  Conan Lycan hits some cool stuff!  Dean BOOKS HIMSELF TO WIN!  BACKSTAGE POLITICS!  Daddy Magic and Angelo Parker in a regular match.  Maybe they'll bleed, you never know.  AEW isn't afraid of the blade.  They don't have enough time to bleed, though.  Willow Nightingale and Myla Moore have a good little match.  Moore does a very indie Backstabber.  Willow hits a nice Doctor Bomb.  Baron Black and Rohit Raju are going to have a weirdly good match that Raju has on Dark.  Oh right!  Baron Black was trained by frickin' MR HUGHES!  Oh, I was confusing Raju with Ariya Daivari who had the strangely great match with Kaleb Konley.  It was still a good match.  Just not Daivari vs Konley good.  Angelico is awesome.  I love the first section of Angelico totally being Negro Navarro.  Somebody Laroux gets in some good stuff until Angelico applies the Navarro Death Roll!  It's Nick Comoroto!  He's wrestling Dante Martin!  I assume that Dante Martin will take an ass beating.  QT MARSHALL IS ON THE STICK~!  HE DOESN'T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT THESE PEOPLE!  YES! TO HELL WITH MATT SYDEL'S PHILOSOPHY!  Martin gets in some fauncy moves early until Comoroto catches him on a tope and the beating of Dante Martin begins as the crowd immediately gets behind his STRUGGLE to escape the horror of Nick Comoroto.  Aaron Solo CHEATS!  Yesssssssss!  Comoroto has a great heel offense.  Nick does a fabulous Beel!  Dante transitions to offense and hits an absolutely BEAUTIFUL Tope onto QT!  Nick cuts him off and hits a neckbreaker for two!  Nick goes for another Neckbreaker and Martin rolls up Nick for the win!  YAY!  A different way for Martin to win!  Postmatch, they set up Fuego del Sol versus QT!    It's the bastard PAC!  He is wrestling Shota Umino!  In Sheffield!  In England!  FOR THE STRAP~!  Umino is awesome- COME ON, BASTARD!  Shota is like a young Chris Jericho.  SWEET DDT by Shota.  PAC channels Larry Zbysko by slowing the match to a crawl and then going on offense.  He begins working on the skull of Shota!  Umino makes a comeback and he is a fun babyface, showing the FIRE!  Cool Double Wristlock by Shota.  Shota is awesome with the dropkick into the barrier into a toprope SUWA Dropkick.  PAC goes on offense by going back to crushing Shota's skull and then hits a toprope missile dropkick for two.  Umino gets in one last flurry of offense that he tops off with a Big Bang Theory.  Actually he cuts off PAC again and hits a SWEET Brainbuster for two.  Great fucking Crucifix that makes Shota to tap.  That was great.  I dig this new development of Dark.  That was fucking great.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Logan Easton Laroux (hailing from A Gated Community, within a gated community, surrounded by a gated community), who faced Angelico, is AKA Jackson St Claire DuPont, AKA The Artist Blank, from Chikara. In storyline, he is the artist who created Still Life with Apricots and Pears, who evolved into Edith Surreal. So we were but a small step away from Angelico vs Edith, which someone here really wants to see.

• Like 7

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
50 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Send Tay down to Mexico.  Her versus Stephanie Vaquer would fucking rule on Dark.

I may be mistranslating the release I read but I think Stephanie's going to be in Japan for a month. She's definitely on the Ice Ribbon show for 7/31, along with Dalys, then coming back on 8/28.

Heck, send Tay too.

47 minutes ago, Stefanie the Human said:

I may be mistranslating the release I read but I think Stephanie's going to be in Japan for a month. She's definitely on the Ice Ribbon show for 7/31, along with Dalys, then coming back on 8/28.

Heck, send Tay too.

Tay Conti versus Stephanie Vaquer in Ice Ribbon would be weird and great.

Hey!  It's Conan Lycan!  A Seth Rollins trainee!  He is really green but very moldable.  A few months at The Factory should get him squared away.

If Shooter is going to rep Death Riders, he needs meaner looking gear.  The day-glo does not exactly inspire fear.  He and Yuta need to form a BCC tag-team and kill dudes in RoH should Garcia beat Yuta at DBD for the Pure title,

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

Oh, and I was all about Private Party being veterans and cutting off Bear Country's high spots en route to a cheating victory.  WELL SCOUTED~!

Miyu vs. Rosa was slow and a bit botchy at first, but I was cool once it became a story of awesome women kicking the living shit out of each other.  The rematch should be brutal.   I was impressed with the crowd.  They made a lot of noise for the building being only partial capacity thanks to the new fucking Omicron sub-variant working its way through Japan.

How cool is it that we're getting to see AEW titles defended in other promotions like Rev Pro and Tokyo Joshi Pro?  AEW~!  INTERNATIONAL GOODWILL AMBASSADOR OF PRO WRESTLING~!

The female ring announcer for Rev Pro is number one and the best.  Big matches need big introductions.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

The female ring announcer for Rev Pro is number one and the best.  Big matches need big introductions.

Her name is Francesca Oliver.

• Thanks 1

The women's match was incredible.

I ffwd'd the main because I was sleepy and also could not deal with the singing fans.  Maybe I'll watch it when I'm more awake, more tolerant of "get ourselves over" bullshit enthusiasm, and with the sound turned down a little.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Miyu vs. Rosa was slow and a bit botchy at first, but I was cool once it became a story of awesome women kicking the living shit out of each other.  The rematch should be brutal.   I was impressed with the crowd.  They made a lot of noise for the building being only partial capacity thanks to the new fucking Omicron sub-variant working its way through Japan.

This is about all I've caught so far, but I tend to agree. I thought the beginning and to a degree the end were kind of off but that everything in the middle very much worked. I'm not sure the crowd entirely knew what to make of 2022 Thunder Rosa at first (and likewise, she had to adapt to a different style of crowd from when she was last there) but they all figured each other out by the end and were playing into one another. 

• Like 3

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
10 hours ago, DEAN said:

Tay Conti versus Stephanie Vaquer in Ice Ribbon would be weird and great.

The real money is Tay vs A~min, where A~min makes one of her weird recruiting offers, like how if she beats Tay, then Tay has to join KISSmeT Princess, but if Tay beats A~min, then A~min has to join the Jericho Appreciation Society. Then Tay declines, A~min pouts, they beat each other up, and A~min says that Tay is a princess anyway.

Rosa vs Yamashita?  Incredible!  Pac vs Shota!  Incredible!  Dante vs Comoroto?  Really fun!

But you know what?  I think I'd rather put some respect on Angelico's new theme.  That quickly jumped up to being one of my favorites.  And something about his entrance and the match was oddly hypnotic.  I'm just amazed I didn't find a way to tell my wife to settle down with the way she was watching, especially after he won.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 5

I got up really really really early (for me) today so I could take a shower and watch JD vs Dante from Elevation before watching the special Dark "live" while chatting with a couple of wrestling friends.

Then I had to eff straight off to work, so I didn't have time to do a write-up and I just got home and I am pertmuch exhausted.

But I want to say: Totally worth it. Oh boy was that entertaining! 

Off to finish choring and then get 8 hours of shut-eye before Dynamite starts! See y'all soon.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, AxB said:

Logan Easton Laroux (hailing from A Gated Community, within a gated community, surrounded by a gated community), who faced Angelico, is AKA Jackson St Claire DuPont, AKA The Artist Blank, from Chikara. In storyline, he is the artist who created Still Life with Apricots and Pears, who evolved into Edith Surreal. So we were but a small step away from Angelico vs Edith, which someone here really wants to see.

I'm surprised that Edith hasn't made any Dark appearances yet, especially with Willow becoming a semi-regular.

Did Logan drop the DuPont name? I assumed he switched to it because Quack owned BLANK (much like the Still Life to Edith Surreal switch), but I noticed he's made a few recent appearances as BLANK.