DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Going off his Youtube channel plus the one time meeting him I get the impression he's a pretty good guy who's also a really huge nerd.  But yeah on TV he's really good at being a jerk though I wish I could get into his wrestling more.

• Like 1

Zoe Dubois gets in a lot stuff.  I wonder if she is friend of Skye Blue.  It's the Butcher and the Blade take on BEEF CANDY~!  CWFH in the hizzouse!  Ritchie Slade is your worker of Beef Candy.  I forget the name of the Stevie Ray dude. ATHENA!  YUKA!  I'm gonna have to get the ROH PPV.  YES!  It's RUSH!  It's Preston Vance!  PAPACITO BLANCO and NEGRO!  Oh man, RUSH will lay it in.  POSTMATCH, they take the masks!  It's Brooke Havok!  She is (Alan) Angels main squeeze and she's coming off a knee injury.  EMI tells a little story!  SPANKYBUTT!  THEN they start laying it in!  EMI is so fucking great!  MOONSAULT for the WIN!  EMI! EMI! EMI!  It's Jordan Cruz!  He was a CWFH lesser champion! He's good!  Smart Mark Sterling is a HEAT MACHINE!  Neese gives Cruz wads of stuff!  Big Fonz is GIGANTIC!  PRETTY PETER AVALON- THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!   SERP!  RYAN NEMETH!  JOHN SILVER!  EVIL UNO!  ALEX REYNOLDS!  Nemeth and PPA BRING THE GROINULAR UNDULATIONS! So does SILVER!  Reynolds ducks three guys and Luther CONNECTS!  PPA needs to jump the LFI.  All he does is workout with RUSH and Jose.  Evil Uno is feeling it!  I think he fired up because Adam Cole might join the Dark Order- which would completely RULE.  SERP kicks out of Uno's finisher!  FUN NEARFALL as PPA hits the Big Body Splash!  GREAT NINE PART FINISHER!  YAY!  PPA RULES!  That was great.  Everything else was fine- with EMI telling the best story.

• Like 2

That Zoe impressed me so much. It’s takes a lot of smarts to be inspired to use Black Swan as the bases of your wrestling persona, while everybody else is on auto pilot, with shiny short tight gear, and the only persona being wrestling sex kitten, or worse, a nerdy crazy goth lady. I would slip her a contract if I was an agent who watched that match, and let her use that character on TV.

Edit: She appears to have no other matches. This match is all that comes up. That’s very impressive if that’s all she’s done.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

That Zoe impressed me so much. It’s takes a lot of smarts to be inspired to use Black Swan as the bases of your wrestling persona, while everybody else is on auto pilot, with shiny short tight gear, and the only persona being wrestling sex kitten, or worse, a nerdy crazy goth lady. I would slip her a contract if I was an agent who watched that match, and let her use that character on TV.

Edit: She appears to have no other matches. This match is all that comes up. That’s very impressive if that’s all she’s done.

I would definitely like to see her on my TV/laptop again (I'm still trying to settle down). A very unique character and then the weird ballet based wrestling style to match, made for an interesting match.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Apparently she usually wrestles out of Las Vegas using Black Swan as her ring name. But yeah, she's very early her career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

She should be Shalonce Royal’s partner.

I couldn't remember her name last night but I thought that would be a fun tag team. Shalonce needs to add some kind of big sweeping operatic backhand to her moveset.

IT'S PRO WRESTLING!  LET'S WATCH!  BILLIE STARKZ!  BRITT BAKER!  Awesome!  Britt tells a little story.  REBA CHEATS!  Nice German Suplex by Space Jesus! REBA gets crushed by Billie in an inexplicable moment.  TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER by Billie Starkz!  I can't believe how much Baker is giving Starkz.  DMDDestroyer!  They need to sign Billie Starkz already. Britt Baker is awesome. It's the Dark Order!  It's Ballyan Akki!  Markus Cross is not sporting Victory Hair.  Dark Order does a giant wad of triple team stuff and it is enjoyable!  SERP vs Tony Deppen!  SAP CHEATS!  So much fuckery! Deppen looked good! Cezar Bononi doesn't pit up much of a fight but Ryan Nemeth is GREAT,  CRUSHING Matt Sydell, postmatch.  Harley Cameron is a HEAT MACHINE!  Brittany Jade is a fun babyface!   FULL WORLDWIDE POINT!  Madison Rayne has an inexplicable match against  Kacie Lennox.  Wait a minute.  Action Andretti IS the new Will Ospreay!  This match is really good.  Bear Bronson and Andretti has CHEMISTRY!  The best part of the match was the psychotic TOPES by both dudes!  Mascara Dorada and Anthony Henry was really good.  Dorada saved his flashiness for the finish.  Three really good matches!  STARKZ!  BAKER!  BRONSON!  ANDRETTI!  HENRY!  DORADA!  Daddy goes night ngiht!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm curious who's "producing" Andretti's TV matches because he did 6x more than he usually does against Bronson and it made the act feel like something out of 2009 instead of 1999 at least. I'm not a proponent of pointless flips usually, but the only way Andretti's getting over is if he goes way overboard with them and he's obviously capable and willing.

• Like 2

I'm going to need the S.A.P./Wingmen to be a thing forever, they've absolutely been the MVPs of Dark lately.

Congrats to Tony Deppen for winning his first match! (unfortunately at the hands of Serpentico). Deppen has been one of my low-key favorites on Dark, I dig his character and style.

• Like 2