DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

The only way I can be settleneticoed is upon Karisma's signing; I will not hesitate to hold this thread hostage (please note, this is no disrespect to the other three ladies in this match to which I have already been settled to varying degrees from 100-150%). 

Takeshita... Remember the Oasis Unplugged where the one Gallagher wouldn't play with the other, but when interviwed, said he felt 'God-like?' This is that. And God bless Kaz now and forever. Idc how old he is, he's still 'The Future' in there, full stop

Madi Wrenkowski should totally play the Brian Lee 'Evil Kris Stat'

Ember/Hogan was TREMENDOUS. No disrespect to whatever ROH is/or will be, but Athena deserves to be featured on TBS early and often

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 2

Dante Cassanova!  Angelico!  SERP comes out for moral support!  Cassanova hits a NICE Spinebuster!  Angelico goes COMPLETELY Navarro and it is fucking awesome.  It's los Hijos del Mr Hughes!  The Workhorsemen!  Hey! The Hughes Brothers are getting some stuff in.  JD Drake lays it in.  Terrell Hughes makes with the Powerslam!  Daddy Magic is SOOO awesome on THE STICK!  HE'S SCRATCHING ALONE!  HIS NIPPLES ARE HARD!  Fuego Del Sol is his own hype man!  Lucky Ali looks great in this.  GREATEST BUMP EVER!  LUCKY ALI IS THE GREATEST!  SIGN HIM, TK!  It's Brock Anderson!  DADDY MAGIC!  Taz busting on Daddy Magic is awesome.  Daddy Magic is making Brock look like a killer.  Daddy Magic is so old school.  EXPOSED BUCKLE!  It's Evil Uno!  It's Factory dude, Blake Li!  Taz is completely off the rails explaining the battle royal.  Evil Uno has a NEW FINISHER!  YES! BILLIE STARKZ!  And it's Red Velvet!  STARKZ WITH THE TOPE!  SWANTON ON THE KNEES OF VELVET!  And that's that.  Jesus Christ, TK.  SIGN BILLIE STARKZ.  It's the Iron Savages (Bear Country)!  They beat on two dudes.  LUNATIC BACKPACK CANNONBALL!  It's Diamante!  It's Mafioso!  I think she is also wrestling on WOW.  This was over quickly.  AR FOX!  SLIM J!  AR Fox is OVER in Orlando!  Slim J goes all British to break an Armbar.  Jeeves Kay CHEATS!  Sonny Kiss CHEATS!  Slim J throws great fucking punches.  Sonny and Jeeves CHEAT AGAIN!  This match is so Memphis.  Slim J beats on AR Fox to get the crowd behind his struggle to escape the old school Southern ass beating.  AR Fox is all slick on his comeback. Cutter FOR TWO!  I know this was taped before the battle royal but I assume Fox will be coming to the ring in a gold lame cape.  Slim J goes back on offense and it is AWESOME.  Another Cutter Variation by Fox FOR TWO!  450 Splash for the win!  That was the best match on Worldwide this year!  MILLION BILLION STARS!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zimbra said:

FlAI3pjWAAUELY8?format=jpg&name=large

Yes....YES!

I slept in today (stayed up late fooling around with my Christmas gift, Switch Sports).

So, I figured I'd browse on the boards here then catch Dark later. Then I saw this.

Switched over to YouTube (no pun intended) just in time to catch the end of the Iron Savages match.

Hey! Remember when I was being perfomatively outraged about Bear Country changing their name? Well... i do. I was kidding around by repeating the complaint repeatedly, but in fact I don't like the name change and it's tied in to my most recent post in the Navel Gazing thread. In my opinion Bear Country is a cool, kinda weird, very indie name for a tag team whereas Iron Savages is a second-rate generic corporate faux tough guy name. It's like when Handsome Kurtie and the Angry Sad Boys signed with a major label and changed their name to Nirvana.

I also caught Mafiosa popping Taz with her character work, which was fun... but I am doubly baffled that for the second time in two days a match was ended with a simple basic transition move like the Canadian Destroyer. It's gotta be a rib of some kind!

And then the match we ALL wanna see was the Main Event. Slim J came to the ring accompanied by Sonny Kiss and Jeeves K! They played the very Jane's Addiction TRUSTBUSTERS theme!! (I preferred them when they were called Peripheral Perry and the Sunset Boulevard Band) 

I am SO HAPPY the Trustbusters still exist! When Boudreaux came out with White Umaga to back up Swerve,and Davari teamed with Neese and Whatshisface, (Abs & Quads) I was afraid that the Trustbusters had busted and we'd never hear that theme again.  

HEYYYYY, I'M LIVIN'! 

Also the match was very very good.

I will likely watch the rest of Dark later. I may or may not append further comments.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Random thoughts:

• Mafiosa vs Diamante felt like about as good as a 3-minute competitive squash as you could get. Some of Mafiosa's stuff with her long limbs was really clever.
  • It's going to be great when they finally do AR Fox vs Swerve. They need to make a big deal out of that. Slim J is an amazing babyface and I'd love to see him as Eddie Kingston's Spike Dudley at some point. He's one of the only guys on the roster who can take all of Fox's insane stuff too.
  • That's the most I ever saw out of the Hughes Brothers. Good polish, good fire.
  • I want to see Angelico wrestle a gauntlet match style exhibition where he just stretches ten guys in a row.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Zimbra said:

FlAI3pjWAAUELY8?format=jpg&name=large

Yes....YES!

My mom was super excited, but she's not a fan of Slim J's fancy new visors, she says the money is getting to him now.

3 hours ago, southofheavy said:

Hey now, Brock Anderson cut himself a promo tonight and it was solid. 

Except for the part about the fired up dog, what ever that means.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

DADDY MAGIC!  HIKARU SHIDA!  I don't know who Tyra Russamee is!  They are telling a little story!  FLYING BUTT~!  Tyra looks great in this.  Smart Mark Sterling is a HEAT MACHINE!  PILLARS OF DESTINY are OVER in Denver!  Josh Woods is awesome with the Lariat on the apron.  Woods comes in and BECOMES Steiner.  Tony Neese has good punches.  Woods is so awesome.  Hey!  It's Manny Lemons.  He trained Reka Tehaka!  Isaiah Cassidy will scream like a little girl because he loves us.  Matt Hardy is our signed superstar in peril!  Cassidy becomes our signed superstar in peril!  CASSIDY SCREAMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!  I FEEL THE LOVE!  Black Tiger Driver into a Swanton!  That was fun.  It's Vickie-less Marina Shafir!  I think I've seen Lilth Grimm wrestle before.  She gets in a shoulder block.  She should be on WOW.  FUCK YEAH! ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  DADDY MACK digging ATHENA as much as I do warms my heart.  I don't think I've seen Gypsy Mac.  Gypsy Mac is taking a Jodie Threat-level ass beating.  ATHENA is the best thing in wrestling right now who isn't Jamie Hayter.  Ryan Nemeth, Luther and SERP!  Pretty Peter Avalon must have a court date.  SERP is the BEST Rick Rude since Rick Rude!  Evil Uno is the best Rick Rude since SERP!  EVERYBODY CHEATS!  This match is a HOOT!  SERP! SERP! SERP!  So the Dark Order is expanding soon according to BTE.  Leva Bates gets an actual ring entrance.  Julia Hart looks way more like Stevie Nicks tonight.  Leva doesn't last long.  It's Jeff Jarrett!  It's Jay Lethal!  Jarrett is a HEAT MACHINE!  Ryzin and Lethal are good in the ring together.  Satnam makes with the Chokeslam!  Hagane Shinno!  The Young Bucks Stand Ins!  The House of Black are going to slaughter them, I'm assuming.  Shinno gets is all his stuff!  JESUS!  Brodie King hits the MONSTROUS Lariat!  Ah, Grillo breaks his ankle coming off the top.  That was good because Hagane Shinno is being protected and Malakai Black made him look like a killer.  That was a perfectly fine episode of Elevation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fuck's sake. Jeff f'n Jarrett on Dark Elevation (which I understand is meant to "elevate" young wrestkers who need more exposure and experience) somehow hurts WORSE than seeing him on AEW's network TV shows. I mean, it seriously and deeply bummed me out. Too bad that's likely to be my main takeaway from this episode as there was otherwise a whole lot to like here. Any time Shida is in action, Gordlow is happy. Did you know she started out as an actress and model in Japan and got interested in wrestling when she got a part in a movie called "Three Count"? I was STOKED to see Pillars of Destiny back in AEW. I think they had a fight with Butcher and Blade six or so months ago. Which I was tipped off about and REALLY enjoyed. I wanna see Pillars of Destiny vs Gates of Agony! I don't mind seeing Matt Hardy on Elevation, even though in my opinion he is not a young wrestler in need of experience and exposure. I like how the Hardy Party vs Ethan story keeps getting built up on the YouTube shows. I wish Marina still had that solo violin entrance music. She is still inconsistent in the ring, but at her best she is tremendous. Today she was so-so. Athena was TREMENDOUS. Athena is always TREMENDOUS. Arguably the best wrestler in AEW right now, which is REALLY saying something. D.O. vs SAP & Nemeth is EVERYTHING I want out of AEW. So weird, so unpredictable, SO ENTERTAINING! I am bummed Pretty Peter cut his hair, though. The hip-swivel stuff here was first rate pro wrestling. I was kinda bummed Leva Bates just got squashed. Boo Julia Hart for disdaining books! Satnam continues his run of nice suits! I was prepared to be bummed that Higane Shinno was being used as a jobber after his excellent performance vs Kenny... But HOB gave him a TON in this match. Brody King looks awesome. I hope the guy who ate the pin didn't legit hurt his knee. Jarrett in AEW is my least favourite thing in all of pro wrestling  right now. Hopefully I can get over it, because he doesn't seem like he's going away any time soon and it's really hurting my ability to fully enjoy AEW right now. Fuck.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1