DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

One thing about Athena is that she's got years of doing WWE media/charity/promo events under her belt now. Plus all the streaming. I thought she came off exceptionally well during the media scrum last night. Joe was great too but for different reasons, especially as everyone was calling him "your highness."

• Like 5

It's EMI SAKURA! EMI! EMI! EMI!  It's Danni Bee!  She is the pride of Oklahoma- to the point that she gathers heat with it wrestling in Texas.  The people in Austin must not know of Danni's secret Oklahomanism- as they are behind her!  Emi applies the Dragon Sleeper!  It's Daddy Magic!  It's Cool Hand Ange!  It's two dudes!  And it's over.  It's Glitch the Gamer!  When not in WOW, she IS Vertvixen!  She is against the amazingly OVER Willow Nightingale!  Vertvixen lays it in.  NICE SPINEBUSTER!  Vertvixen isn't big enough to warrant a Doctor Bomb yet.  Postmatch, Anna JAS and Tay Melo attack Willow!  Ruby Soho makes the save!  HEAT THAT BABY UP!  It's Zack Clayton! And Zane Valero?  I don't think I've seen him before.  The Best Friends!  Since they both had introductions, I guess this may last a few minutes.  Zane Valero STAYS RAD!  Zack Clayton looks good in this.  Trent is also making him look like a million bucks.  Trent Barretta is so fucking good.  Clayton is great in this, pulling Taylor off the apron and busting him up outside!  Zack Clayton walks away from Zane Valero while Valero was staying rad!  Our MAIN EVENT!  JOSH WOODS!  AWESOME!  BRANDON CUTLER!  FUCK YEAH!  SERP! AAAND LUTHER!  And TONY NESE! AAAAND SMART MARK STERLING!  STERLING GARNERS HEAT BY BUSTING ON OVERRATED TEXAS BARBECUE!  CAROLINA BARBECUE, MOTHERFUCKERS!  Josh Woods and Luther are MAGIC in the ring together.  TRIPLE AIRPLANE SPINS!  Josh Woods hits a fucking BEAUTIFUL Suplex.  They OPT to beat the living dogshit out of SERP!  BRANDON CUTLER IS ON FIRE!  GREAT nearfall after Sterling accidentally sprays Nese in the face with the cold spray!  Then they murder SERP and the funnest match of 2022 comes to a regretful end.  MILLION BILLION STARS.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It's the end of the recording cycle!  This is from 11/4/2022!  I don't think I've seen Miranda Vionette before.  Tay Melo hits a Josh Woods German Suplex where you start very low.  And THEN she applies one of them complicated Brazillian submissions!  Cole Karter!  Big Shotty!  The HEAT MACHINE QT Marshall!  Joes Keys, Chris Steeler and LSG!  NICKY BOY is ringside!  Lee Johnson is way more fun coated in EVIL!  He should join the House of Black so he can be around his finance!  MANLY BEEL by Cole Karter!  Karter is a freakish athlete as he hits a SWANK Standing Dropkick.  LSG is a HOUSE AFIRE! Until QT Marshall murdalizes him and lets Cole Karter get the pin.  It's Zack Clayton.  I'm not familiar with Steve Pena.  Pena gets a couple things in and the crowd COMES ALIVE!  Then it's over.  Kip Sabian takes on Tony Deppen!  Deppen is making way up the list of Kings Of AEW YouTube!  They do an EXTENDED Arm Wringer thingy!  Noice Springboard Dropkick by Sabian.  Deppen hits a nice Northern Lights Suplex for TWO!  Neat Arabian Moonsault to the floor by Sabian!  Sabian's Psycho Driver isn't that psycho but it gets him the win.  SLIM-J!  JEEVES KAY!  Parker Boudreaux is the NICKY BOY of the Trustbusters!  Eddie Kingston!  Ortiz!  Slim J is awesomely old school Southern, covering his ears while the crowd is chanting.  Oh man, this match is great.  Slim J is awesome.  Slim J is the New King Of AEW YouTube!  Jeeves Kay is really good.  Jeeves Kay and Slim J are the slimiest version of Workhorsemen EVER.  Eddie is still going crazy after the match because this was two weeks before Eddie/Akiyama and Eddie's change of heart.  That was fun.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Matt D said:

Hey, they're giving everyone the Slim J/VSK vs Eddie Kingston/Ortiz match tonight.

My mother has never seen ROH before AEW bought them. And aside from the time she accidentally watched an episode of NJPW on AXS and got confused, she's never watched any indy or non-WWE/AEW television show. Somehow she not only recognizes Slim J, but is also a big fan of his. I have no idea how this has occurred.

She's also been currently kind of mad at Eddie "He's too emotional, I don't like emotional Eddie" (see the Jun Akiyama match) and was happy for the return of Crazy Eddie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just when you think Tay Conti is out of moves, she locks in an inverted shin choke and neck cranks some poor jobber into a tap out submission.

Tony Deppen vs. Kip Sabian might be the dark horse nomination for Match of the Week.  The Psycho Driver was just psycho enough to look hurty without actually killing Deppen.  I like Kip's video game esque sliding trips to transition back to offense.

Kingston and Ortiz may be my favorite tag team right now.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

What the FUCK?  The best and weirdest Elevation ever!

Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Tag Team Match
Eddie Kingston & Ortiz vs. Hagane Shinno & Steven Andrews
Athena (c) vs. Vert Vixen
Twelve Man Tag Team Match
  • Like 3

Oh man, DARK is going to rule for a couple of weeks.

Spoiler
I am WAAAAAY into Angelico vs Konosuke Takeshita.

Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Ari Daivari (w/Jeeves Kay, Slim J & Sonny Kiss) vs. Leon Ruffin
Singles Match
Rohit Raju vs. Richard Adonis
Singles Match
Jora Johl vs. Jared Diaz
Tag Team Match
Jeff Jarrett & Satnam Singh vs. Dean Alexander & Rosario Grillo
Six Man Tag Team Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Serpentico (w/Angelico & Luther) vs. Tony Deppen
Singles Match
Singles Match
Brittany Jade vs. Harley Cameron
Singles Match
Six Man Tag Team Match
Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Singles Match
Fulton vs. Zack Clayton
Singles Match
Bronson (w/Boulder & JT Davidson) vs. Action Andretti
Tag Team Match
Brian Pillman Jr. & Brock Anderson (w/Arn Anderson) vs. Dean Alexander & Rosario Grillo
Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Shane Taylor Promotions (JD Griffey & Shane Taylor) vs. Dante Casanova and Mr. G
Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Singles Match

• Like 5

And also

Spoiler

Kenny Omega vs Hagane Shinno will definitely be a full Worldwide point.  And Billie Starkz vs Red Velvet!

Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Parker Boudreaux vs. Gus De La Vega
Singles Match
Six Man Tag Team Match
Jarett Diaz, Jay Marti & Richard Adonis vs. Spanish Announce Project (Angelico, Luther & Serpentico)
Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Angelico (w/Luther & Serpentico) vs. Dante Casanova
Singles Match
AEW TBS Title Eliminator Match
Tag Team Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Evil Uno vs. Blake Li
Singles Match
Tag Team Match
The Iron Savages (Boulder & Bronson) (w/JT Davidson) vs. Brandon Bullock & Jameson Ryan
Singles Match
Slim J (w/Jeeves Kay & Sonny Kiss) vs. AR Fox
Tag Team Match
Tag Team Match
Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Cameron Stewart & Ryzin vs. The Trustbusters (Slim J & Sonny Kiss) (w/Jeeves Kay)
Singles Match
Tag Team Match

• Like 4

Marina Shafir takes on Jazmin Allure!  That was an assbeating.  Lady Bird Monroe!  They ARE in Texas! EMI! EMI! EMI!  The BUNNY!  HEY! It's GIGI REY!  She's from Canada but has been hanging around Houston for a while. The Bunny with the Mr Wrestling II KNEELIFT!  The Bunny is fucking awesome in this.  Emi is also fucking awesome in this.  Awesome!  A 12 man!  This is going to be weird.  KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  He is fucking AWESOME!  Sonny Kiss makes Isiah Cassidy look like a million bucks.  PRETTY PETER AVALON- THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!  Dante Martin and PPA are SOLID GOLD!  Takeshita BRAINBUSTS Cezar Bononi!  Ethan Page is AWESOME!  That was awesome.  Hagane Shinno!  Daddy Magic is fucking awesome.  It's Eddie Kingston!  It's Ortiz!  Kingston makes Shinno look like a million bucks.  That was good.  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Aaaaaand she's beating the crap out of Vertvixen!  And she does.  Vert gets in some stuff because it's a title match but then Athena just beats the fucking out of her.  Athena IS GUNTHER.  Blackpool Combat Club!  The Workhorsemen!  Anthony Henry and Yuta Wheeler are WAAAY fun.  JD Drake's boots DO rule.  Yuta is our face in peril!  Drake is fucking awesome.  SHINING WIZARD by Drake!  FOR TWO!  The question is!  Will Claudio Swing Drake?  YES!  No.  YES!  That was awesome.  I'm going to watch all of that again and then watch RAW.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD.

• Thanks 2

Early in the 12-man tag, Peter Avalon runs to the enemy corner and rapidly knocks three babyfaces off the apron with three quick shots. And I love "Pretty" Peter's act, but I don't think he should be able to do that.

That's it. Pretty sure I had other thoughts during the show, but that's the one that stuck with me.

• Like 1