DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

49 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Can Dean make a poll to determine if Rabid Ryan Mooney’s eyepatch/lucha mask headgear is cool or dumb? I’m going to lose sleep trying to decide. 

Oh, it was cool.  It was a total ode to Jean-Pierre LaFitte.

• Thanks 1

Is @Gordlowfuckin booking Elevation now?

Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Marina Shafir & Nyla Rose vs. Alice Crowley & Kittle LeFleur
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Six Man Tag Team Match
The Embassy (Bishop Kaun, Brian Cage & Toa Liona) vs. Dan Adams, Facade & Star Rider
Singles Match
Singles Match
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Watched all of Dark and first half of Elevation.

Enjoyed the Emi singles match and especially the Emi-Maki vs. Nyla-Shafir match. Of course I enjoyed Lard Lad, and Wingmen vs. Party Hardy. Cutler's comedy match was great. Always enjoy seeing Bunny. 

I wanted to like JAS trios but it was a little too squashy. Brian Cage and Angelico obviously have their fans here but I FFWD through Cage and Angelico once again couldn't keep my interest. Zack Clayton sucks.

Guess I missed soem good matches on the back half of Elevation, will try and catch them, How could I not want to see Athena destroy someone and Party Hardy vs. Chaos Project? 

Edited by JLowe
added a comma to be more clear
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/2/2022 at 2:27 AM, DEAN said:

Is @Gordlowfuckin booking Elevation now?

Singles Match
Tag Team Match
Marina Shafir & Nyla Rose vs. Alice Crowley & Kittle LeFleur
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Six Man Tag Team Match
The Embassy (Bishop Kaun, Brian Cage & Toa Liona) vs. Dan Ams, Facade & Star Rider
Singles Match
Singles Match

Special Whole-Buncha-Gordlow's-Favourites Edition of Elevation Write-up

Legit way more stoked for this than I was for RAMPAGE

Higane Shinno is from Ehime! I have been to Ehime several times, as my mother-in-law is from the neighbouring prefecture. I love Ehime! I think even most gaijin who live in Japan never make it out there. The small city of Matsuyama is in my top 5 or 10 places in Japan. The onsen there looks just like the one from Spirited Away.

i was gonna say "Too bad Nicky Boy's gonna kill him" but then AEW gave us the SHOCKING UPSET (spoiler). Hot damn! I wonder who will team with Shinno vs Nicky Boy & Solo. Maybe Lard Lad?!?!

Comoroto, like Hobbs, somehow seems to keep getting MORE jacked. Unreal.

LOVE the ending to that match!

I generally enjoy Nyla more as a Twitter personality than as a wrestler, but Shafir tying ladies in knots and Nyla subsequently crushing them really works as a tag team deal. Plus they are building an intriguing "Disinterested Vickie" storyline here, too!

LOVE Kittie LeFleur's Old School look!

Kiera Hogan looks great in there, in both senses, but I was hoping she'd work more as a face and play to the crowd a bit, now that she's an ex-baddie.

Outrunners also have a great old-school look and style! I am intrigued by the Indianapolis Indie Scene. Is this a thing there? I like it! Outrunners vs FTR, please! Maybe next time AEW hits Indiana.

Top Flight gets a big crowd chant right away, then goes out and EARNS it.

The Ethan/Matt/PP story they are telling here is pretty great. I love YouTube-exclusive stories. Way to reward the really hardcore fans, AEW!

If they put Madison over Emi, I riot! 

We Will Chop You gets more over with the crowd every week. Sadly, they didn't pop for Tea Time this week.

Tigastyle! Sir Pentico!! Jacked Up Luther!!! Big Cass. Will Luther and Cass get into it on the outside? Sadly, no. Big Paul adds some frisson to the match by saying Serp is 99-0 in AEW. Even heel announcer Matt Menard excitedly pulls for the underdog here. To no avail. (spoiler).

I am enjoying ALL OF THIS so very much.

Then we get GATES OF AGONY & Brian Cage. Local Guy Dan Adams, who wears glasses and dad shorts, is a huge crowd favourite. Awesome. Cage catching Neon Ninja in vertical suplex position is totally sick! 

YES! Dalton & The Boys come out to challenge the hoss team! Team Castle representing 2020s style wrestling. Cage & GoA representing 1990s hoss style! Oh boy oh boy oh boy! Presumably on the ROH PPV. Great addition!

Reynolds vs Kip! Another fun YouTube-exclusive minifeud!  Announcers do a great job of explaining it without over-explaining. And you can feel the hatred in the ring. 

TAKESHITA gets the YouTube main event! And Nicky Boy comes out with Solo! Oh baby! Takeshita & Shinno vs The Factory! Give it me! Takeshita gets a MASSIVE POP and they are maybe doing an Elite Recruits Lard Lad Story! 

That was GREAT!

Thank you, DEAN, for the heads up.

Also, w/r/t Ehime. Their mandarin oranges are famously delicious. They make a special orange juice there named Pon Juice. If you go to a convenience store in Matsuyama you can buy Pon Juice flavoured EVERYTHING. Pon Juice flavoured Pocky, chewing gum, hard candies, gummy candies, etc etc etc. I recommend treating that stuff like Takeshita treats Cinnabon.

Also try the grilled fish cakes called jakoten.

Edited by Gordlow
Apparently it's 'Pom juice' in English. But, who cares?
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Hanage Shinno is back again!  Versus NICKY BOY!   HEY!  Cagematch.net was wrong!  It said NICKY BOY won this match.  Shinno with the flash pin!  Postmatch, the Factory RETAIN THEIR HEAT!  Totally awesome!  NYLA!  It's Thunder Kitty!  She takes a beating like a champ.  Alice Crowley is bulking up.  Something is up with Vickie!  It's Kiera Hogan!  It's Nikki Victory!  SUPERKICK!  Victory with a nearfall.  WRECKED EM!  Hogan should go the ATHENA route and start beating the hell out folks.  NICE Backdrop Driver by Hogan!  The Outrunners are the best enhancement talent of December!  The Martins are SPECTACULAR!  The Outrunners ARE the Mod Squad!  The Outrunners are fucking AWESOME.  Matt Hardy is BREAKING!  EMI! EMI! EMI!  It's Madison Rayne!  Emi starts beating on Rayne early!  SPANKY BUTT!  Madison goes on offense!  EMI wins with La Majistral after a BEAUTIFUL eye rake!  Lee Moriaty takes on SERP!   SERP uses lucha stylings to counter Moriarty's BattlARTS stylings.  SERP fights against losing number 100!  Border City Stretch puts SERP into triple digit losses.  Hey! It's Facade!  He gets to get beaten to death by the Gates of Agony!  It's Dan the Dad!  Dan is OVER in Indy!  Facade is awesome in this.  His set up for the Drill Claw was so such a lunatic set up.  This was your match of the night so far.  Alex Reynolds starts off totally ATHENA on Kip Sabien!   Daddy Magic is awesome.  Reynolds is laying it in.  Toprope Double Stomp for TWO!  Reynolds hits a Tiger Suplex!  Penelope distracts Reynolds!  Sabian with a win!  Konosuke Takeshita!  Aaron Solo!  Solo is with NICKY BOY!  Lard Boy is OVER in Indianapolis!  Takeshita hits a SWEET in ring Rana!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  GREAT EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX FOR THE WIN!  Konosuke Takeshita is fucking AWESOME.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Dalton Castle and the Boys are ready to break some hearts.  Castle waits for the Boys to do some stuff before going TOTAL Steiner.  The Boys and Castle TWIRLING, TWIRLING TO FREEDOM!  I don't see them getting past the Gates Of Agony, but you gotta wrestle the matches.  Abadon takes on Leva Bates!  Abadon needs to get on TV to boost some ratings.  Nice Northern Lights Suplex by Bates!  Leva Bates is getting some stuff in.  German Suplex by BATES~!  Abadon kicks Bates in the head and that's that.  Awesome!  Leon Ruffin gets entrance music!  He gets to get CRUSHED by Brian Cage.  Ruffin gets some niftiness in before Cage OPTS to destroy him.  Leon Ruffin is replacing SERP and Fuego as the New King of YouTube wrestling.  Ruffin has a COMEBACK!  Ruffin is waaay fun.  GREAT LARIAT by Cage.  WEAPON X!  Brian Cage is totally awesome.  That was good.  WEAPONEXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION!  LEGIT HEAT!  The Brick City Boiz!  How will they be Chokeslammed?  Sonjay is a HEAT MACHINE!  It's a meeting of New Jersey dudes!  Satnam chucks one of the Boiz into one of the Boiz on the floor!  SIDEWALK SLAM!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Becca gets to get the fuck beat out of her.  Athena is like when Fit Finlay showed up in WCW.  Becca gets in some stuff!  Athena waits to kill her.  Anthony Henry!  The poor man's Trent Barretta takes on Trent Barretta!  Barretta bumps like FREAK for Henry and Henry is AWESOME crushing Trent against the barricade.  Maybe Henry is the middle class version of Trent.   Nice Backdrop Driver by Trent.  Awesome!  Released Dragon Suplex by Trent.  Nice DDT!  I always forget how awesome Trent is.  Shining Wizard FOR TWO!  SWEET AVALANCHE FALCON ARROW by Henry!  Great nearfall on the toprope Double Stomp by Henry!   Trent fucking CRUSHES Henry on the apron.   Nice Lariat by Trent.  Nice Piledriver by Henry!  Roll up is countered into another roll up by Trent for the win!  That was fucking GREAT!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm playing catch up but...

• I really appreciated Kip and Penelope getting under Reynolds' skin with the 10 stuff. That's the sort of "everyone is in one shared universe" stuff you rarely see.
  • The crazed look on Solo's face before he missed the double stomp (Which led into the Blue Thunder Bomb) is literally the best thing he's ever done.
  • Like 4

Giant wads of AEW tomorrow, including a special episode of Elevation.  It's strange that Vertvixen is on this since she is on WOW regularly.  And Madi is pushed in NWA.

Tag Team Match
The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) (w/Maria Kanellis) vs. Ativalu & Sal Muscott
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Emi Sakura vs. Dani B
Singles Match
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Giant wads of AEW tomorrow, including a special episode of Elevation.  It's strange that Vertvixen is on this since she is on WOW regularly.  And Madi is pushed in NWA.

Tag Team Match
The Kingdom (Matt Taven & Mike Bennett) (w/Maria Kanellis) vs. Ativalu & Sal Muscott
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Emi Sakura vs. Dani B
Singles Match

I wonder why Ari's with the Varsity Athletes and not with one of the countless members of the Trustbusters (unless Sterling is coming in to help with the legal support)

24 minutes ago, porksweats said:

I wonder why Ari's with the Varsity Athletes and not with one of the countless members of the Trustbusters (unless Sterling is coming in to help with the legal support)

See what happened is Ari Davari had 50K that he was going to give some guy if he helped them win, but they lost and Matt Hardy took the money and then used it to pay his fine for using the Twist of Fate, but Davari was mad later and Ethan Page let him use the Twist of Fate whenever he wanted, but that wasn't good enough as he still wanted his money back so he went to Mark Sterling and Mark Sterling offered him the Varsity Athletes to help him even though he has a Brock Lesnar looking dude in his employ just hanging about doing nothing and now they have to heat them up as a unit so they can face Hardy Party later and...

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Matt D said:

See what happened is Ari Davari had 50K that he was going to give some guy if he helped them win, but they lost and Matt Hardy took the money and then used it to pay his fine for using the Twist of Fate, but Davari was mad later and Ethan Page let him use the Twist of Fate whenever he wanted, but that wasn't good enough as he still wanted his money back so he went to Mark Sterling and Mark Sterling offered him the Varsity Athletes to help him even though he has a Brock Lesnar looking dude in his employ just hanging about doing nothing and now they have to heat them up as a unit so they can face Hardy Party later and...

That's on me for not paying attention to recent Darks, I'm playing catch-up still with my From Day 1 rewatch (just at the first Dark after Full Gear 2020).

Love to see the progression of the Syndication.

It's the start of the AEW Day Of A Lot Of Wrestling!  I'll watch this and Zero Hour and the first two hours of Final Battle and then go to my daughter's birthday party (26!?!?  That can't be right...) and then watch the rest of the PPV.  Hey!  It's the Kingdom coming out to the Cramps!  Oh, that's not the Cramps.  They are very Motor City Machine Guns-esque with their tag team shenanigans.  FTR vs the Kingdom will be great.  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  HEY! It's Madi Wrenkowski!  I just saw her wrestle on NWA USA.  Now, she gets the hell beaten out of her by Athena.  GREAT Fisherman Buster Suplex!  PUNCH HIM! PUNCH THE REF!  Postmatch, she beats the hell out of Madi like she did in the ring. ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Hey!  It's NICKY BOY!  IT's Dante and Darius Martin!  Aaron Solo is the Superstar of the YouTube shows.  Darius is a fun Ricky Morton.  The finish is preposterous for a three-minute match.  That was fun.  It's Mr Toni Storm!  It's Hagane Shinno!  I'm praying for a feud with the Factory.  Hagane gets in an Asai Moonsault and Missile Knee To The Face!  Juice is all about making Shinno look like a million bucks.  Shinno gets in another comeback AND a nearfall off a Giant LARIAT by Juice.  NICE LAWLER PILEDRIVER!  Juice Robinson is awesome.   That was awesome for a four minute match.

• Like 2

IT's ZERO HOUR!  GIANT WADS OF PRO WRESTLING!  We are starting it off WEIRD with Jeff Cobb versus Mascara Dorada!  Jeff Cobb goes all Lucha Libre before reverting to his TRUE robot form and uses his bizarrely FREAKISH strength to crush Dorada like a bug.  Mascarada Dorada makes a lunatic comeback, being all spectacular and whatnot.  Jesus, Cobb is a fucking machine.  Speaking of which, Cobb versus Brian Cage would be fun.  IT'S DADDY MAGIC!  HE and Cool Hand Ange take Eli Issom and Cheeseburger!  Daddy Magic rules.  Cool Hand with a Garvin Stomp!  CB is our face in peril.  A Double DDT and that's that.  Trish Adora!  Willow Nightingale!  The crowd comes alive.  Willow /Athena will be a pretty molten feud if they do it right.  Willow is truly beloved in Texas.  This is the best Adora has looked in AEW.  Trish Adora's make-up baffled me.  I was like, "Is she wrestling with glasses on?"  BUT IT WAS HER MAKE-UP!  I AM A FOOL!  Willow with the POUNCE!  High angle on the Doctor Bomb!  That was good.  The Kingdom!  Top Flight!  Well, this should be good.  Kingdon CHEAT early!  Dante is quickly moved into the Ricky Morton role.  Darius is the Matt to Dante's Jeff.  Mike Bennett is very underrated.  Nice Spinebuster by Bennett.  GREAT Decapitation Variation by the Kingdom.  Bennett makes with the Double Wristlock!  Darius and Bennett have a great striking section.  Matt Taven makes Dante look even more spectacular than he usually looks.  Oh man, this match is fun!  HIGH SPOT TRAIN!  Dante loses his footing!  MAria is KICKED OUT BY THE REF AND THE CROWD GOES CRAZY!  I LOVE THAT!  SUPERCOMPLEX FINISHER BY TOP FLIGHT!  That was great.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1