DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

The Gate of Agony!  Big Cuzzo should be signed to the Embassy. Teddy Goodz owns a toy store with his brother!  He gets mauled by Tio Liona postmatch.  Tay Melo would be good at studio wrestling, where she can do more of her fun matwork.  Paris Van Dale takes a beating like a champ. taking Tay's Judo Throws and kicks to the head.  Okay, Smiley Fairchild is the new Ruler Of Elevation.  HEY!  Matt Hardy and Private Party should go for the trios belt!  Have Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quin do the majority of the work and do like here, have Matt Hardy come in and hit five finishers.  And I see Kayla Sparks gets the fuck beaten out of her by Athena.  Athena starts on the outside and I loved both knees to the face by the steps.  Sparkz gets in a few things and then Athena BEATS THE FUDGE OUT OF HER!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  Postmatch, she CRUSHES Sparkz with the O Face!  ATHENA! ATHENA! ATHENA!  It's the Butcher and the Blade with the Bunny!  The Butcher is wrong-voiced, I am told. Hey!  It's Waves and Curls!  I respect the fact that Waves and Curls don't incorporate any superfluous "z"s.  They don't last too long.  Oh cool.  A Pure Rules match.  Leon Ruffin on the mat, I haven't seen.  Daniel Garcia on the mat is a known quantity.  I wonder if he will go all Volk Han in this.  Ruffin uses niftiness to get on offense!  Garcia is awesome applying the heel offense through a PRISM of Pure Rules!  Ruffin is fun in the middle of his second comeback!  Hey!  Ruffin does Strange Style!  Leon Ruffin is the Ares of the Elevation set!  Leon Ruffin  fighting to make the rope break just to have Daniel Garcia double apply the Sleeper was SUPER quality Pro Wrestling.  That was great.  Daniel Garcia is fucking awesome.  Jora Johl! They should figure out something for him to do.  Preston Vance is being utilized and wins very quickly.  SERP!  SERP!  SERP!  No Luther?  What the fuck?  It's AR Fox!  Who I'm assuming is getting signed soon.  Fox is making SERP look like a million bucks, which is a reversal of roles.  SERP kicks out of two finishers!  SERP gets a nearfall!  AR Fox hits like a Short Spanish Fly before winning with a 450.  That was good.  It's Mei Suruga!  They should sign her immediately.  EMI! EMI! EMI!  It's Willow Nightingale in her first match back from wrestling in Japan where she took a Giant Swing from Miu Watanabe.  She and Riho are the Moist Babyface Babyfaces in the history of Babyfaces!  I watched this twice because I wanted to watch without typing.  Riho whipped out a crazy Lucha Libre spin around Emi's shins.  I've never seen that by anyone before.  Emi always tell an odd story.  Here it's about Willow wearing purple.  Gleefully evil Mei Suruga is somehow better than gleefully babyface Mei Suruga.  Mei goes up BIG for Willow's Pounce and the crowd freaks out! Great Spinebuster by Willow!   Yeah, that Swinging Around Emi To Roll Her Up was really beautiful.  TRANSFORMER!   So Awesome.  Fun nearfalls ensue.  Willow SHOWBOATS her power and then hits a Death Valley Driver on Emi and Riho gets the pin after a Meteora!  That was FUN.  That episode was good to great.  I gotta go back and watch the Garcia and Athena matches now.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm late!  Suck it!  It's Skye Blue!  It's Paris Van Dale.  I thought she was Von Dale yesterday on Elevation.  I may be crazy.  That kick thing Skye Blue does from the mat is starting to not look horrible.  Van Dale is fun as a 1970s heel.  Skye kicks her a bunch until hitting a Flatliner that she needs a bit of work.  She should switch to a Piledriver.  It's the Iron Savages!  JT Davidson is annoying.  Is Boulder losing weight too?  Is AEW introducing junior heavyweight tag team titles?  They beat the crap out of two dudes.  Kiera Hogan takes on Kennedi Copeland, who I've seen a couple times on YouTube in the indies.  I remember she was good.  Hogan wrestles a lot like Skye Blue with lots of kicks.  Copeland looked good in the wee bit of offense she got in.  Zack Clayton takes on IMPACT! contender, Frankie Kazarian!  This should be interesting, since there is an outside chance Clayton could win this!  Just to fuck with IMPACT!  Clayton looks good in this.  There is some awkwardness and Kaz OPTS to start laying it in.  Kaz wins with the Chicken Face Cross Wing!  IMPACT! is SAVED!  It's Cole Karter!  He was almost a Best Friend on Rampage last week!  It's Teddy Goodz again!  He still owns a toy store with his brother!  Man Scout sounds like a walking sex crime.  QT Marshall is the biggest HEAT MACHINE in AEW, though Sammy is edging him out lately.  Big Shotty is way better as a heel.  He should join the Gunns as contenders for the trios title.  QT CHEATS early!  The crowd gets behind Jack Thomas' STRUGGLE and he makes the hot tag to Teddy Goodz!  Teddy thrills the crowd until the Factory hits a very elaborate 3-D/Diamond Cutter combination for the win!  ATHENA!  ATHENA!  ATHENA!  Little Mean Kathleen!  LMK is as New England as clam chowder!  I assume Athena will beat the hell out of her.  Athena makes LMK look great.  LMK is so fun before Athena beats her to death.  Athena doesn't beat the fuck out of her like she has been doing to folks.  LMK is awesome.  The Dark Order beats three dudes.  The three dudes are good heels, beating HEAT on Evil Uno!  ATHENA MENACES LEXY!  Daniel Garcia takes on Brock Anderson for the ROH Pure Title!  Will Garcia go all Volk Han?  Yes, he does!  Brock Anderson is good selling the mangled knee.  Brock is great powering out of Garcia's Guillotine.  Good nearfall on the DDT.  I don't remember Volk Han hitting a Lawler Piledriver, but it was fucking NASTY.  That was good. 

• Like 4

@DEAN, it's been brought to my attention by your supervisor that you've been having a bit of an issue showing up on time. You've had a lot of excuses, but it's getting to the point that it's just not acceptable. We have a schedule here, and we're going to need you to start showing up on time or else we're going to have to take action.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Log said:

@DEAN, it's been brought to my attention by your supervisor that you've been having a bit of an issue showing up on time. You've had a lot of excuses, but it's getting to the point that it's just not acceptable. We have a schedule here, and we're going to need you to start showing up on time or else we're going to have to take action.

SUCK IT!

• Haha 5

I'm LATE!  SUCK IT!  Rush, the Butcher and the Blade!  Doug Love has the greatest hair in the history of hair.  Doug Love is slaughtered by Rush.  It's a Leva Bates sighting!  She is tagging with Emi!  EMI! EMI! EMI!  Hikaru Shida and Willow Nightingale are your babyfaces!  DEULING PUNCHES IN THE CORNER!  Hikari Shida is our babyface in peril.  Willow with the HOT TAG!  WRECKED EM VARIATION!  SPINEBUSTER!  Emi with the Backbreaker on Shida to go back on offense!  Emi CHEATS with a book!  Hikaru Shida hits a Katana for the win!  That was fun.  YES!  BRANDON CUTLER!  Will he pull the upset on Brian Cage?  One can never tell!  SPRAY CAN SHENANIGANS!  Leon Ruffin, Hot Sauce Tracy Williams and Tony Deppen!  That some quality wrestlers!  It's Daddy Magic, Cool Hand Ange and Daniel Garcia!  That is also some quality wrestlers!  This should be good!  I haven't seen Williams wrestle since ROH went under, I think?  Leon Ruffin is like a weasel running amuck in a shopping center!  The JAS catches him and Double Pendulum DDT him to allow Garcia to choke him out.  Mercedes Martinez beats up JC.  SWEET Spinebuster.  Zack Clayton is losing his way up the card!  He started with Frankie Kazarian and now he gets Wheeler Yuta.  Clayton looks good in this.  Wheeler looks good in this.  PARTY HARDY!  Ari Daivari offers Encore FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS if they win!  Sonny Kiss is awesome.  Isiah Cassidy is our face in peril!  Marq Quin compares with Dante Martin in height achieved and spectacularness.  Matt Hardy sets up a Dropkick Doomsday Device that Isiah Cassidy hits!  Twist of Fate on Ari and Matt STEALS FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!  It's Kip Sabian versus Alex Reynolds!  WRECKED EM VARIATION!  Kip Sabian hits his Double Stomp but Reynolds rolls him for the pin!  That was an episode of Elevation.  OH! THERE'S ONE MORE!  It's the Best Friends versus the hind end of the Factory!  QT- HEAT MACHINE- and NICKY BOY! don't actually CHEAT because the bell hadn't rung yet!  Once again, the Factory does the Best Friends' hug!  NICKY BOY really CHEATS!  Cassidy punches everybody and Beach Breaks Aaron Solo and that was definitely an episode of Elevation.

Smart Mark Sterling!  AEWSOME!  THE JUNIOR VARSITY ATHLETES!  I'm all over it!  Nese and Woods have matching little paunts!  Josh Woods is awesome.  Taz and EX discuss the pronunciation of Alexander Karelin.  Woods is so STEINER.  Oh man!  Willow Nightingale versus Marina Shafir!   This should be good.   TAZ sings Willow's theme!  Shafir is awesome going completely BattlARTS.  Willow is making Shafir look like a million bucks, as Shafir lays it in.  Willow is our sympathetic babyface!  They trade SHOTS!  NICE SPINEBUSTER by Willow!  Vickie CHEATS!  Distracts Marina!  DOCTOR BOMB!  That was good.  Postmatch,  Taz and Ex sing Willow's theme song.  KM!  I remember when he was on IMPACT!   It's Wheeler Yuta!  KM gets loads of stuff in, beating HEAT onto our babyface!  Yuta applies the Seatbelt!  Ethan Page driving Matt Hardy to break will be fun.  Matt foreshadows brokenness.  Jake Hagar slaughters a dude.  Bryce Donovan looks like the Young Bucks half-cousin.  He gets in a few things.  Nice Lariat by Hagar.  Hagar hits a Uranagi into a Choke.  That was slick!  Skye Blue is taking on Tay Melo!  This should be good.  I loved the Anna/Tay stopping short of making the heart with their hands and instead flips the crowd double BIRDS!  Melo beats on our babyface, Sky Blue!  Anna CHEATS!  Tay kicks Skye in the ribs!  Skye makes a comeback!  Shining Wizard by Tay FOR TWO!  This match is pretty good.  ANNA DISTRACTS THE REF SO WE GET A VISUAL PIN!  Tay applies her very elaborate submission for the win!  Postmatch, Anna applies the Queen Slayer!  Willow makes the save!  Leon Ruffin is the new star of AEW YouTube!  He gets to get beaten to death by El Toro Blanco, RUSH!  And he is beaten to death.  Allright, it's more Sonny Kiss!  LAY IT IN!  Jeeves K is so awesome, making sure everything is in order.  John Silver, Alex Reynolds and Evil Uno!  Where is 10?  Oh no.  You don't think.... Jeeves K is good at taking an ass beating.  SWEET 450 by Kiss.  The Trustbusters are HEAT MACHINES!  Kiss is over in New Jersey.  They hitting all the points to make this a fun Southern tag!   John Silver makes the HOT TAG!   He does that thing where he beats on folks all around the ring!  Pendulum Bomb for the win!  Oh TrustBusters, will you ever win?  That was a good little episode.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matt D said:

Catch up going on here, but early word is that they taped Emi/Maki Itoh vs Nyla/Marina tonight. So that's a thing.

They did and it was awesome. Unfortunately it was the 2nd match taped so the crowd wasn't filled in but Chicago loves Maki Itoh.

Full Elevation/Dark match list. No idea what's on which show

Spoiler

Bunny vs Blair ???

Emi Sakura and Maki Itoh vs Nyla Rose and Martina Shafir

Lee Moriarty vs Robert Anthony 

Jay Lethal & Satnam Singh Vs Joe Alonzo & GPA

Ari Daivari vs Konsuke Takeshita

Best Friends and Rocky Romero vs Yabbo & Dave ?? & ?? Ramsey

Athena vs Lainie Love

Brandon Cutler vs The Man Scout

Chaos Project & Isaiah ?? Vs Matt Hardy and Private Party

Nick Comoroto & Aaron Solow vs Kingston & Ortiz

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Zimbra said:

They did and it was awesome. Unfortunately it was the 2nd match taped so the crowd wasn't filled in but Chicago loves Maki Itoh.

Full Elevation/Dark match list. No idea what's on which show

Reveal hidden contents

Bunny vs Blair ???

Emi Sakura and Maki Itoh vs Nyla Rose and Martina Shafir

Lee Moriarty vs Robert Anthony 

Jay Lethal & Satnam Singh Vs Joe Alonzo & GPA

Ari Daivari vs Konsuke Takeshita

Best Friends and Rocky Romero vs Yabbo & Dave ?? & ?? Ramsey

Athena vs Lainie Love

Brandon Cutler vs The Man Scout

Chaos Project & Isaiah ?? Vs Matt Hardy and Private Party

Nick Comoroto & Aaron Solow vs Kingston & Ortiz

I think that's the whole Elevation show for next Monday.

• Thanks 1

The Bunny=RATINGS!  Blair Onyx gets in a bridging, Matrix-y move.  YES!  BRANDON CUTLER! The problematic Man-Scout!  The fuck around early and then Man-Scout gets some actual offense in here in his AEW career.  Brandon Cutler hits the ELBOW DROPS!  To set up his motherfucking AIRPLANE SPIN!  To set up his ROLL-UP for the WIN!  So great.  MAKI ITO!  YAY! EMI! EMI! EMI!  NYLA! NYLA! NYLA!  Marina is barefoot again.  DADDY MAGIC is very, very awesome. Maki Ito is a hoot!  KOKESHI! ANOTHER KOKESHI!  Duelling Ten Counts in the corner!  Double Crossbodies into the corner!  Nyla CRUSHES Emi and that's all she wrote. That was Elevation good.  MOTHERFUCKING KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  Against Ari Daivari!  Don Callis scouts Konosuke Takeshita!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB!  BRAINBUSTER!  FROGSPLASH BY ARI!  EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX FOR THE WIN!  Ari Daivari is awesome at making dudes look great so imagine what he does with fucking Konosuke Takeshita.  That was good.  Lee Moriarty takes on Robert Anthony.  Anthony is OVER in Chicago!  He gets in some stuff and then Moriarty beats the crud out of him.  Anthony makes a COMEBACK and chops Moriarty to the delight of the Chicagoans!  But the Alex Shelly Border City Stretch ends the hopes and dreams of the crowd and Robert Anthony.  Satnam Singh!  He should not try a Beel again.  Joe Alonzo takes the preposterously crazy Chokeslam like a LUNATIC.  Yabo?  I love that he is wearing giant clown shoes.  DADDY MAGIC turns around on the clown.  Trent kills a non-clown dude.  It's Laynie Luck!  She gets to get the crud beaten out of her by ATHENA!  JESUS!  ATHENA is so fucking awesome.  POSTMATCH FISHHOOK!  ATHENA is so awesome.  It's PARTY HARDY!  Man, Luther looked fucking great in this.  Isaiah Cassidy screams like a little girl!  That was a beautifully elaborate wad of finishers.  SMART MARK STERLING sets up a fun match for next week.  Eddie Kingston is OVER everywhere.  NICKY BOY!  Ortiz is our face in peril!  GREAT Elbow Drop by NICKY BOY!  Ortiz kicks NICKY BOY'S balls into outer space!  EXPLOIDER by Eddie.  DECAPITATION by the Factory!  NICKY BOY breaks Eddie's neck!  Ortiz rolls up Solo for the win!  That was a fun little wad of wrestling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In right behind DEAN today. Kids brought home germs and I can't run currently so no 1990 AJPW and disappointing Bam Bam Bigelow performances (though an 88  NJPW Bigelow vs Vader handheld just showed up; have you guys seen that yet?). But I can watch Elevation.

• Bunny took it to Onyx right from the get go with some really hard shots, but my absolute favorite thing about this match was how when Onyx did the sort of slow matrix bridge back, Bunny really reacted in the moment, just a look of shock that really sold what was going on. She has no reason to do that for enhancement talent, except for that, you know, it makes literally everything about the match better. Bunny is really good at giving in to the moment like that, which is one thing to do as a second but she's able to really live her character as a wrestler too. When really she just likes horror movies and oreo taste tests or whatever.
  • Cutler vs Manning was pretty great. If I was making a top ten AEW list right now I'd have Moxley, Cassidy, and Jericho as my top 3, but right around 13 (in a top ten, yeah) would be Cutler. The stuff with the book was a lot of fun. He's another guy who just completely gives himself up to the character and the moment.
  • Hits keep coming. Emi's annoyance with Maki is a thing of beauty. Beasts did a good job here of balancing playing along with Maki's stuff while also still being monstrous threats. They really made her work for the head spots and the fans went nuts when they hit. Nyla and Emi had a nice potato fest too. Just really nice to see Emi against different opponents.
  • I liked the Takeshita/Davari match. There were the bits on the finishing stretch where they kept running back and forth while hitting each other I didn't love, but at least it led right into the finish (and who doesn't love a mid-ring Chaos Theory?). Otherwise, I thought Davari kept things grounded while really letting Takeshita do his thing. He has absolutely amazing, maybe even generational, physical charisma. I'm not going to question that. I'm not at all convinced he has any idea what to do with it other than "A lot of stuff" but in with the right wrestlers, it can be used to amazing effect. There's no way I'm watching a match with Omega if it comes to that though. No way. The thing with a guy like him is that his stuff is going to be very good right until the point it's not. This almost hit that point but snuck away right at the last second and stayed in the good zone.
  • Speaking of good, Anthony's really good. His reverse tilt-a-whirl pancake thing is just very impressive visually and it always pops me. Finish of this was picture perfect with the roll up as a feint right into the Border City Stretch. So slick.
  • Satnam's black hole slam was at such a weird low angle but entirely nasty and the finish is the coolest move of the year, right. The alley oop/tower of doom chokeslam. Then they all did the strut!
  • Best Friends/Rocky were having a lot of fun against Yabo! Juggling, balloons, violence. All good stuff. They really don't get to have matches like this that often.
  • Athena's first shot was so nasty. Just brutal. Just out of nowhere. The best. I almost don't want to see Athena in actual matches, because she's so great just killing people. How did WWE never turn her heel even once?
  • Again, this show is just a blast. All of the Chaos Project tandem offense, Kassidy kissing a woman's hand before making the rolling hot tag. Quen doing a bit rolling hot tag just for the hell of it even when they had the advantage, Hardy using splash mountain (which he does but...) which is basically Page's finish. I actually thought the Page segment backstage was very good too with the way he was kind of rolling with what was happening. Hell, even the Kip Sapian backstage thing was pretty good! More backstage Elevation promos.
  • I could have used just a bit more Eddie vs Comoroto in that tag, but the Factory's doubleteams were all good and Eddie coming in to chop Comoroto right in the face was lovely. Comoroto's slingshot elbow drop was really good too.

Take a look at this show and it's hard not to be positive about AEW. One fun match or performance after the next. You could move any of these guys into matches against almost anyone on the roster and it'd all be something I'd want to see. What a fun show.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

The Factory with Cole Karter, Big Shotty and QT Marshall!  They beat up three dudes!  QT is a HEAT MACHINE!  Zack Clayton is a budding Ethan Page.  Taz and Excaliber discuss Chris Wylde's hair.  I have to disagree and say that his hair is not very wild.  NICE Captured Arm Brainbuster. Hikaru Shida!  HEY! IT'S HAGANE SHINNO!  I saw him wrestle Ryo Mizunami on a Gatoh Move.  Layla Luciano!  I have not seen her before, I don't think.  Okay, Layla is fucking AWESOME, making with the Airplane Spin!  LAYLA! LAYLA! LAYLA!  The JAS takes on Hot Sauce Tracy Williams and two other dudes.  DADDY MAGIC has good punches.  Cool Hand Ange has good punches.  LSG makes a hot tag to Williams and we get what we want- Williams vs Garcia.  Williams looks great in this.  Garcia is awesome.  Tony Deppen!  Brian Cage!  PRINCE NANA! Deppen has achieved a Leon Ruffin level slot on the AEW YouTube channel.  DRILL CLAW!  HAGANE SHINNO!  He's been wrestling for like 15 years.  Angelico should make this weird.  Angelico does tricked out Lucha Libre submissions and we all rejoice.  Shinno hits the US debut of the Suzu Suzuki Tequila Shot!  Angelico Negro Navarros Shinno for the win.  That was a full Workwide Point.  EMI! EMI! EMI!  Tiara James!  It is a hair-based match!   PRETTY PETER AVALON- THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!  The rest of the Wingmen!  TAZ and Ex note how hunky the Wingmen are.  Ethan Page is irritated at the Party Hardy horsing around.  MARQ QUIN is SPECTACULAR with the INSIDE INVERTED TOPE CON HILO!  Double Dropkick by the Wingmen- Ryan Nemeth and Peter Avalon ARE the Midnight Express.  Matt Hardy should definitely settle into being a six-man tag guy because he is so much better in six-man.  JESUS!  MARQ QUIN IS FUCKING SPECTACULAR!  I assume we are working to Ethan Page vs Matt Hardy, which could be good.  Ethan Page is GREAT as Matt Hardy's stepdad as he is moving towards an evil drill instructor.  That was weirdly good DARK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2