DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Abadon has obviously gone back to her heel stylings, but what was up with Athena?  Is she going heel or was that just a Rick Steiner style angry assbeating for a potato or a blown spot?

Big Shotty has been off my television for more than a minute.  His tag-team with Brock Anderson must be done since he's rolling with the Factory now.

Edited by J.T.

8 hours ago, J.T. said:

Is she going heel or was that just a Rick Steiner style angry assbeating for a potato or a blown spot?

Athena’s seen the feedback about her Dark matches and she’s working them accordingly. I’m enjoying her shining up her opponent and then cutting them off with offense where it looks like she’s potatoing them for trying to get their shit in. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Having Athena run back her feud with Jade by going heel and showing who the true baddest B is could be fun, if they're willing to actually put her over.

I think the way to go is to have Britt cost Hayter (by "accident") at the PPV, turn Hayter and have her feud with Britt, and then have Athena absolutely run over Storm for the interim belt as a full on heel. Hayter has Britt as a feuding partner and there's a story there (even with Saraya in the middle) so she doesn't need the belt. With Athena, they absolutely have to strike while the iron is hot. They almost never do that.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Matt D said:

I think the way to go is to have Britt cost Hayter (by "accident") at the PPV, turn Hayter and have her feud with Britt, and then have Athena absolutely run over Storm for the interim belt as a full on heel. Hayter has Britt as a feuding partner and there's a story there (even with Saraya in the middle) so she doesn't need the belt. With Athena, they absolutely have to strike while the iron is hot. They almost never do that.

One could say the same about Hayter though, couldn't they? The crowd is ready, we're coming close to having an Acclaimed situation.

5 minutes ago, JLowe said:

One could say the same about Hayter though, couldn't they? The crowd is ready, we're coming close to having an Acclaimed situation.

I don't think Hayter vs Britt needs the belt. It's a big enough story to milk for a couple of months and end with a gimmick match and there's an "out" why she'd lose at the PPV that leads right in to Hayter vs Britt. After she wins the gimmick blowoff in January or February, then maybe send her, as a super babyface, at Jade.

You don't want to send heel Athena at Jade, especially if Athena's thing right now is stiffness and Jade has 40 matches under her belt?

• Like 1

If they still don’t want to take the title off of Jade they should run an eliminator match against Athena where Jade gets injured early on and Athena straight up mugs her.  Jade’s streak isn’t an issue anymore.

Injuring her leg on a pump kick would probably be simplest thing to do and the easiest story to tell with Jade’s experience. Then they can have a double turn title rematch where Jade wrestles from underneath and valiantly retains. Jade can move on to  programs with the heels she hasn’t interacted with yet and Athena is the most dangerous woman in AEW because she hobbled the roster’s unstoppable force. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Good on Paul and Ian for not misgendering Abadon though. Their pronouns are they/them.

Yeah, it was totally a Vince/pronouns/announcers joke.

I surely have no desire to tell Abadon how they should identify themselves.

15 hours ago, J.T. said:

Abadon has obviously gone back to her heel stylings, but what was up with Athena?  Is she going heel or was that just a Rick Steiner style angry assbeating for a potato or a blown spot?

Big Shotty has been off my television for more than a minute.  His tag-team with Brock Anderson must be done since he's rolling with the Factory now.

There was a period of interminable Riott Squad v Ember Moon & Partners tags on Raw where the highlight was fairly consistently watching her annihilate Liv with dives. Would love to see those back in her arsenal when she makes it back up to the proper TV shows.

Edited by Iron Moose
  • Like 1

If you had to pick a strongest possible Trustbusters trios team, would you really go with Ari, Slim J and JeeVeSK in the ring, and Sonny and Parker Boo ringside?

Dark was super long nd randomly all from Daily's Place, so we didn't get the BCC six-man with Mox from last Friday. But there was the historic Cutler vs Avalon rematch, and a really good Shida & Storm vs Suruga & Sakura match.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Good on Paul and Ian for not misgendering Abadon though. Their pronouns are they/them.

I wasn't aware about that but good for them. I hope there's a TBS title match very soon in Abadon's future. 

Sorry I'm late!  It's Blake Li!  He is quasi-Factory!  Zach Clayton is trying to approximate a BattlARTS vibe.  Nice Fisherman Buster Suplex VARIATION!  Ashley D'Ambroise is losing to Kayla Rossi because Rossi is accompanied by a dude. Rossi is all athletic and shit.  Rossi needs SEASONING~!  It's The Ass FTRs!  Diaz is our Guy Who Will Be Beaten To Death by the Gunns!  The Gunns are the Midnight Express.  BK Klein is fun on the apron and THE GUNNS DO THE FTR THING FROM WHEN THEY WERE ON DARK AS HEELS!  Man, the Ass Boys are fucking awesome.  YES! FINALLY! PRETTY PETER AVALON- THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!  BRANDON CUTLER!  This match is awesome.  Cezar Bononi CHEATS!  Brandon is THE BEST on offense.  AIRPLANE SPIN!  I love that both of these guys are being TOTAL BUMPFREAKS! FIGHT FOREVER!  GREAT Falcon Arrow/ Michinoku Pro Conglomerate by PPA!  MARTINI by PPA!  FOR TWO!  REVERSE DDT by BRANDON! FOR TWO!  TOPROPE RANA BY PPA FOR THE WIN!  MILLION BILLION STARZ!  So fucking good.  The sleazier Blonds are hinting at going full hair metal!  QT and Cole Karter!  QT has great punches.  Cole Karter is UNDERRATED!  QT is so fucking good.  The Blonds look GREAT in this. QT CHEATS OLD SCHOOL, GRABBING THE TIGHTS FOR THE PIN!  QT is fucking awesome.  Anna JAS is wrestling just like Britt Baker now, it just dawned on me.  Attitudinally,  I mean.  It makes her more fun.  It's Kip Sabian, who disappeared for a year and now we can't go a day without seeing him.  Marcus Cross doesn't have giant hair.  Sabian gave Cross giant wads of offense.  That was good.  Oh man,  Athena versus Diamante should be fun.  Athena is awesome doing the slowburn before going crazy.  Diamante gets in a LOAD of offense and I assume Athena is going to totally kill her.  AND IT STARTS OUTSIDE OF THE RING!  SUWA DROPKICK ON THE FLOOR!  ATHENA FINALLY SNAPS!  GREAT FUCKING ELBOW TO THE FACE!  POSTMATCH! ATHENA KICKS DIAMANTE IN THE HEAD!  ATHENA IS FUCKING AWESOME!  That match was fucking GREAT.  Powerhouse Hobbs crushes a dude.  MAAAN, THAT WAS A GREAT SPINEBUSTER!  It's Madman Fulton!  It's Troy Hollywood!  Remember that great match he had with Jay Lethal on DARK?  Troy Hollywood didn't actually tag out but Fulton still looked good being a big dude who bumped big.   It's AR Fox!  Kaleb Conley from IMPACT!  AR FOX HITS A CRAZY ASS SPRINGBOARD THING TO THE FLOOR!  Ortiz crushes Kaleb with a Fisherman Buster!  Postmatch, Eddie is a maniac.  AWESOME!  Toni Storm and Hikaru Shida versus Emi Sakura and Mei Suruga!  OH NO!  STORM WRECKS MEI!  Toni Storm goes on to attempt to WRECK Emi but Mei CHEATS and grabs Toni's leg!  Mei is the Apple Goblin by biting Storm's wrist!  Oh man, Sakura and Suruga are the funnest tag team in AEW!  TRANSFORMER!  GREAT ROLL UP BY MEI!  Storm and Shida do their own crazy double team spot after Storm does four backbreakers on Mei walking across the ring.  Oh man, that match was fun.  Claudio and Wheeler Yuta take on Ryan Nemeth and Cezar Bononi!  Claudio is having a good time.  AWESOME! The dropkick on the Giant Swing that I first saw SUWA do many years ago.  What a great episode!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1