DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Props to Shafir for checking on the enhancement woman who got dropped on her head, that looked nasty.

This was not the best Julia Hart match recently, I’m wondering if she accidentally rung her opponents bell on the mat as she was moving a little slow after that. Still, props to Julia for running with this angle and character and really working. She’s wrestled 20 matches this year, almost all on YouTube, and getting better and better. And yes, I’m subtweeting.

Wanted more Serpentico-Clayton interaction but oh well, at least we got Dante doing a massive air springboard and hitting a bicep pose midair, and then the best his finisher has looked in a while.

Emi-Athena was great, how could it not be? Emi made every one of Athena’s moves look deadly, while also getting in her licks and taunts. When they did the zoomed out shot of the O-Face, I assumed it had been botched but au contraire, a focused replay showed it was dead on the money.

I kind of zoned out during the HoB match, I blame the crud. Same with the Shida match.

Silver and Nemeth could’ve gone a couple more minutes but it was a good match. AEW and guys like Silver and Nemeth are good at having comedy moments that add to, rather than detract from, good matches.

Main was a fun moment for BBB, always happy to see Allie. The whole Comoroto wise guy mook character change is taking me a while to adjust to, but the hoss fight parts were good. Solo took the finisher like a champ.

oh yeah, Matt D mentioned it but Daddy Magic obviously is/was a fan of 80s and 90s WWF, calling moves like a Slop Drop and a Shake Rattle and Roll (which yeah, it was not).

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I like the idea of Hardy making amends but I would prefer Private Party to be on their own, and B&B to stay with Andrade just so they can do more violent trios matches with Rush.

The only one who should accept his amends and rejoin (and finally give a use to) is Jora Johl.

I want a skit where butcher and blade are negotiating and butcher's paper just says "More pork chops" spelled out in ransom note letters.

I wouldn't consider Angelico's hat a boat hat, it looks like bucket hat and he's been wearing one in aew as far back as I can remember.

With nick comoroto brushing his hair back and the lollipop stick he had more of a scott hall vibe then his old Hercules hernandez in wccw look.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sorry I'm late.  Went out fer Mexican cuisine with the wife and the youngest boy.  Then I had to come home, deal with a toenail (it did...not... go well) and take a shower.  I AM SQUEAKY CLEAN!  Hey!  It's Alice Crowley!  I assume she will be showing up in the NWA soon, what with her Kenzie Paige connection.  Penelope Ford is wearing the red eye liner that these kids today are wearing!  I'M AGIN IT!  I blame Britt Baker and Danhausen.  Alice Crowley CRUSHES Ford's chest with a chop!  Penelope CRUSHES Crowley's everything in response.  That was fun.  It's the Wingmen- Bononi and Nemeth!  Against Dante Martin and Matt Sydel!  They fuck up a thing to the floor.  Bononi is good beating the crap out of Sydel.  Sydel is a good Face in Peril! and the Wingmen are good heels BEATING THE HEAT on him.  Martin is good on the apron, getting the crowd behind Sydel's STRUGGLE to ESCAPE the stomping and slamming by the Wingmen!  Martin tags in and HEY!  the Wingmen cut them off again!  Martin takes out Nemeth with a Nosedive!  That was a sloppy mess.  Emi Sakura and Diamante!  Tagging together!  It's a DARK Dreamteam!  It's Queen Aminata and Skye Blue!  Daimante hits a super cool German Suplex on Skye Blue.  Emi beats on Skye Blue a bit more and Blue makes a HOT TAG to Queen Aminata!  Aminata looks great as Robert Gibson.  Skye Blue TAKES TO THE AIR!  Skye Blue gets the UPSET!  pinning Emi!  I mean, Queen Aminata is the low person on the Dark ladder.  UPSET!  That was fun.  I want a rematch.  PRETTY PETER AVALON- THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!  YES!  Peter Avalon's face for the entrance of Danhausen is priceless.  Pretty Peter Avalon is awesome UDULATING HIS MIDSECTION!  SWEET German Suplex by Danhausen.  ONE has to remember that before Danhausen became Danhausen, he was a shoot Style indie guy!  SO!  He applies an Octopus Hold and GETS THE SUBMISSION!  Angelico takes on Matt Hardy.  Angelico is all Negro Navarro early.  Angelico is wearing Lux Interior pants and now I can't get it out of my head.  C'MON PRETTY MAMA LET'S TEAR THIS DAMN PLACE UP!  When is Jeff Hardy coming back?  Angelico goes all old school rudo after Hardy gets in some low grade offense which is annoying because you want cool submissions from a Negro Navarro disciple.  Then he starts in with the submissions and WE are happier.  Hardy hits a Side Effect for TWO!  Angelico goes completely Silver King with the Lucha roll-ups!  Hardy hits a Twist of Fate and gets the win!  That was a good little episode of DARK!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Massive pop for Danhausen!

Nice to include a little bit of storyline/angle progression as Britt took out Shida in the back, so now Athena is replacing Shida in tomorrow's tag match w/ Toni vs. Britt/Serena. I liked Britt's reasoning being that if she can't have her regular partner then neither can Toni.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Very happy for Danhausen getting that pop. I need more Peter Avalon in my life. That octopus hold looked pretty rough, I know Danhausen needs a different finisher since he can't use the GTS but I don't think this one is it 

It looked like he was trying to do the curse and accidentally ended up locking in a submission hold.

Wow, that Marina-Nyla finish was life-threatening. Athena is clearly excellent, and Emi is a nice showcase provider. I hope they can properly heat Athena back up after the PPV loss. She's not really ready for a Toni feud, but I'd like to see that match. Brody and Buddy look great, and I feel a lot better about these guys as a tag team than as minions to their former broken leader. Ha, Butcher-Blade-Bunny with some overt pre-match pandering to the local crowd. Yeah, Dean's onto something about the currently unused Public Enemy look. A couple non-body guys could benefit from such an idea. Tho, Butch and Blade have too many muscles to flex for such a look. Interesting seeing them work as babyfaces - there's a potential refresh sometime into the future. Daddy Magic continues to thrill on commentary. Excalibur-Menard would be a welcome change to Wednesday nights.

Ford's current look reminds one of compelling VHS ads tucked in the pages of vintage black and white wrestling magazines. Skye Blue seems to be progressing. Glad to see Queen Amanita get a win. Is she signed? I hope so. Danhausen! Helluva battle with Avalon there. Only caught the finish on Angelico-Hardy. Angelico is totally a 'Human Fly' kinda guy! I like the idea of whatever Hardy's quest is with the former HFO guys. They should let him cut some Dark promos to better explain. Lots of ffwding on these Dark shows this week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1