DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Skye Blue and Diamante decided to have one of those "Let's just randomly have a really good match" matches like you get on Dark/Elevation sometimes was a nice surprise. Obviously Skye was the hometown babyface there, so it makes sense she wanted to give somethingg back to the Chicago fans.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late.  It's Labour Day!  Julia Hart disappoints by not wearing a floppy Stevie Nicks hat.  Alice Crowley was in that Kenzie Page match where I learned that Crowley is 19 years old.   AEW should start an under 21 division.  Evil!  Cool Submission!  Woods and Nese!  Where is the ROH TV already?  I am not familar with their opponents.  Daddy Magic refers to them as "bozo" so I will refer to enhancement talent as such.  These bozos don't last long.  It's Serena Deeb!  She is a fellow Virginian!  She is from Oakton.  I was born in Hampton on Langley Air Force base.  I now reside in Chesterfield, Virginia- 15 miles south of Richmond.  VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS!  Nikki Victory gets in wads of offense to start.  Deeb Dragon Scews the HELL out of knee. Daddy Magic took the over on 2:30.  And WINS!  Deeb does kind of fiddle around and it allows Victory a wee second comeback!  Deeb wins with a TRULY preposterous submission.  Private Party comes out and Daddy Magic brings up the concept of "Tipping The Bouncer"?  What a strange idea.  Private Party hits s very nice The Gin and The Juice!  Such fine young men.  It's Chicago's own Skye Blue!  Against Diamante!  I wonder who is winning this?  Diamante is protected on the Elevation and the Dark.  Skye Blue is a NEW wrestling staple in Chicago.  I'm guessing Skye Blue.  Let's watch, shall we?  Diamante is letting Skye Blue walk right off with the victory.  Daddy Magic compares Diamante's Elbow Drop to Greg the Hammer Valentine's and that's why I love Daddy Magic.  Diamante beats on Blue as the crowd backs Blue's STRUGGLE to escape the nasty offense of Diamante.  Blue goes on offense with elbows to the head!  Diamante hits three German Suplexes!  Blue hits a wacky variation on a FLATLINER for the win!  Daddy Magic speaks a bunch of French because he is Canadian!  It's Nyla and Marina Shafir!  With VICKIE GUERRERO!  Hey!  Queen Aminata gets an entrance!  SIGN HER if you haven't already!  Madison Rayn is the Boss Of The Ladies Division so she makes the evil ladies sell for her.  Aminata and Nyla BRING THE STIFFNESS!  Marina CHEATS!  Queen Aminata is our face in peril!  Aminata and Shafir fight for the Judo throw!  Rayn tags in and falls victim to Shafir and Nayla's 3D!  The best thing about this episode was Daddy Magic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Skye Blue and Diamante decided to have one of those "Let's just randomly have a really good match" matches like you get on Dark/Elevation sometimes was a nice surprise. Obviously Skye was the hometown babyface there, so it makes sense she wanted to give somethingg back to the Chicago fans.

All of Diamante's random have a really good matches are Dark/Elevation matches

• Like 1

Sorry I'm a little late.  My son is at praise band practice and I'm in a church parking lot using my HOT SPOT!  Josh Woods is a fucking animal.  He IS Scott Steiner.  It's Laynie Luck again!  She was in the ROH women's tournament last year.  Marina Shafir has been telling a little story recently.  Let's see if this trend continues.  Laynie has looked great on these Chicago Dark/Elevations.  I love her counter chain wrestling.  Shafir DOES tell another little story!  YAY!  It's the Jersey Shore guy!  I wonder if he will go all King's Road.  Will Luther control SERP?  Zach Clayton is the Chip Minton of AEW!  Chip Minton was an olympic bobsled guy who permeated WCW Main Event/Worldwide/Pro.  According to cagematch.net, he has 27 matches and retired in 1999.  SERP does the DBS sell of a Lariat.  The crowd is behind SERP!  Clayton is fun being an annoying Dude Bro.  SERP is great at making Clayton's offense look good.  IS SERP GOING TO WIN?!?!  Ah, Fisherman Buster by Clayton and that's that.  It's Missa Kate!  She is all over the New England indies.  And all the indies everywhere actually.  JULIA! EVIL! COOL SUBMISSION!  No Stevie Nicks hat. Missa Kate should get signed because she out SERPed SERP!  That's how you lean into an assbeating.  It's Sierra, the best unsigned lady in wrestling (if it isn't Davienne, and we are assuming KiLynn King is secretly signed.)  I wonder if Serena Deeb gives her anything.  Serena kinda mauls her for seven minutes.  Hey!  Sierra gets a little comeback!  Serena makes her tap out with her weirdest submission.  That was fun.  This is another Private Party match where neither will scream like a little girl.  More of this "tip the bouncer" talk.  What a strange generation we have brought up.  GPA is fun.  Marq Quin hits a BEAUTIFUL Moonsault type thing out of the corner.  ISAIAH CASSIDY SCREAMS LIKE A LITTLE GIRL!  Gin and Juice ends the best Private Party squash in a while.  It's Ari Daivari of the Trustbusters!  He gets to get CRUSHED by Claudio Castagnoli!  Lord Regal's lust for Excaliber is neverending!  Regal is English so he's allowed to hit on Excaliber!  Claudio is fucking AWESOME.  I love his turning of Ari's skull.  Ari is so fun.  Claudio is fucking killing Ari.  Taz and Regal are charming.  Claudio sells his knee.  He gets nine rotations!  Ari is great in this match working on the knee and then getting beaten to death.  HA! Matt D thought this was going to suck!  GREAT fucking LARIAT by Claudio.  RICOLLA BOMB!  That match was fucking GREAT.  AEW RULES THE MOTHERFUCKING WORLD!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 9/6/2022 at 12:47 AM, DEAN said:

How did I completely miss Ruby Soho sporting Bull Nakano make-up?

Fb6LYSpaIAAXHBR?format=jpg&name=large

I think that's just how her head and face are put back together after being dropped on her head and taking one in the nose by Tay. The cracks are showing and the glue they used was blue for some damn reason.

• Like 1

I’m sitting here on the couch, not working thanks to a touch of COVID brain fuzz (tested positive yesterday) and watching some of last weeks YT shows. Shafir-Layne was good, only a couple of times did Shafir look dangerously sloppy. They need to get Nyla back on TV, btw. And Missa Kate really did lean into and sell the shit out of Julia Hart’s offense.

Rose does need to be back in the mix on Dynamite. At first, I was thinking she should turn face. She’s so funny on Twitter, etc. But really, her humor is better suited for a heel. So, I’d like to see her stay heel, but have more promo time. Of course, that will probably organically turn her face, so who knows?

• Like 1

It's Nyla and Marina Shafir!  JESUS! Joelle Clift takes the finisher right on top of her head.  GEEZ!  Julia Hart!  Still EVIL!  COOL SUBMISSION.  Tiara James should be auditioning for the Baddies.  She is very striking.  Zack Clayton and Serpentico?  TAGGING TOGETHER?  WHAT THE FUCK?  Team Luther?  A wacky version of the Factory?  Could it be?  They lose very quickly as the new stable idea dies as quickly as it lived.  Athena versus Emi Sakura!  Well this should be good.  Athena isn't wearing her angel wing thingy.  This is fun!  They start off with a contest of Who Is The Bigger Bitch?  (Emi)  Athena is so awesome, leaning into Emi's offense like a total CHAMP.  SUWA DROPKICK!  BACKDROP DRIVER!  Emi leans into Athena's offense and takes Athena's finisher the OLD WAY. That WAS good.  Brody King and Buddy Matthews beat the crap out of Isiah Prince and Kubes!  The remnants of the House of Black are OVER in Buffalo!  Hey!  It's Christina Marie!  She's Brazillian!  She is the Queen of Florida!  KiLynn King is the King of Florida!  Christina looks great in this for a minute.  Then Shida busts her up.  Hey! Ryan Nemeth gets a entrance!  Nemeth starts out BattlARTS!  John Silver ends it Alexander Otsuka.  The Butcher and the Blade come home!  NICKY BOY!  They should have kept the hockey jerseys on!  CHANNEL THE PUBLIC ENEMY!  NICKY BOY versus the BUTCHER!  NICKY BOY beats the crud out of the Blade, OUR FACE IN PERIL!  The Factory hits DECAPITATION!  The Three Bs are WAY OVER in Buffalo.  That was a pretty good episode of Elevation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AxB said:

https://twitter.com/BeingTheElite/status/1569505633145339904

Being The Elite on Hiatus, until further notice. Which I had to type because tweets don't embed any more.

It's weird. I can go on my iPhone and Tweets will embed in Safari.

Yet I can go on Chrome on my laptop and Tweets don't embed anymore, nor do my "Prev/Next" buttons work when cycling through pages.

Bunny looked great in a hockey jersey. Daddy Magic continues to do solid work on the headset.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile, on Elevation..

• It felt almost like a party scene, very celebratory. The crowd could have come out and chanted for the Bucks or Punk or Omega or heckled the company and Khan but they were just into every match instead, starved and appreciative for wrestling, or at least for AEW. They were very lucky to be in a market that was new to them with a few talents to highlight and the wherewithal to actually do so instead of what WWE's done for twenty years.
  • Nyla and Shafir absolutely killed that poor enhancement talent with their finisher.
  • There's about six different things I want to see with Julia moving forward (Elevation tag with the Bunny? Abadon interaction? Title challenge against Storm? being three of them). She's really working the character well. Occasionally, you get high school play acting out of her where she's almost too satisfied with what she's doing but about 90% of the time she nails it. It's pretty impressive they were able to nail this while completely avoiding the Alexa Bliss stuff.
  • Martin/Sydal really dismantled Serpentico and Clayton in seconds. I felt bad for Clayton who had been built up on social media by Jwow or whatever and lost to hook in seconds to set up the Buy-in Match, but he's also a guy who maybe hasn't quite earned a spot yet? I don't know. I did love his reaction as one tiny strand of Serpentico's streamers got on him in the entrance. A bit of a shame this didn't go longer.
  • Emi vs Athena was just great. Emi was so good at chaining stuff together and not allowing for any empty space or doubt as she did her taunts and flourishes. It all made sense. She too most of the match but every time Athena hit something, it looked like a million bucks. It was the perfect Elevation match.
  • House of Black might have had the perfect squash. Matthews taking in the House of Black chants (which wouldn't have happened if they had a Rampage squash; total pre-show Elevation thing) and then adapting accordingly, making it all feel like a ritual beating in a cult setting was a thing of beauty, and the sort of adaptation that they'd never have the freedom to do traditionally in WWE, let's say. He would have gotten chewed out so bad for that but it was absolutely the right move in the moment and he did it while never breaking character, giving the crowd something special, making everything all the worse for the enhancement guys and only increasing their monster aura. Poor Kubes.
  • Silver vs Nemeth could have used a bit more back and forth (Though I like Ryan's knees). Funniest part was Menard not in on the bag-stealing joke and having no idea what Excalibur was doing there. I love that Menard is only up on about half of his references so he'll call a fisherman's neckbreaker a shake rattle and roll or something. it's worse than not having any idea what to call it but in the best way.
  • Butcher and Blade had an amazing entrance here. I think they suffered just a little for having to follow House of Black and having to be in a match that was more real, but it was a better total package. Comoroto needs a push out of this. We'll see if he gets it. Talk about a guy taking his fate into his own hands though. It was nice to see the Bunny but she couldn't help breaking character in a way that Butcher/Blade weren't. They were just even more of themselves than ever before surrounded by people who appreciate them for who they are. Allie was having the time of her life and there was no hiding it. It felt a little too lose/chaotic at times as they were just riding the out of control energy but that's fine. Let them. It was their evening. You watch this show and it's hard to imagine anything at all is wrong with the company. You can't debut every night in Buffalo though.
  • EDIT: I missed Shida. Shida's awesome. I love her presence in how she takes in the crowd and responds to them. I love the fact that despite being a joshi ace, she still does a 1980s ten count punch in the corner. That was another celebratory feelgood mauling like only an enhancement match can provide you. I feel actively bad for people that can't find it in their heart to love a straight up happy murder like that.
Edited by Matt D
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Double posting positivity here.

I think tonight's Dark are the matches taped after the live Chicago Rampage.

• Angelico vs Matt Hardy
  • Danhausen vs Peter Avalon
  • Dante/Sydal vs Bononi/Nemeth
  • Emi/Diamante vs Skye/Aminata
  • Penelope Ford squash (Alice Crowley)

So it's like a Elevation supershow but with Taz announcing. It all looks pretty good. 

• Like 4