DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Bullet Points!

• Finishing stretch to Silver vs Serpentico was slick, both because Serpentico could really take Silver's stuff and because Silver honestly does that rapid kick combo as well as anyone.
  • The Diamante top rope rana was so so nasty and rough even with the camera cut, but they recovered well enough though you know they just wanted to get out of it at that point.
  • Parker with such a great 1-2 punch to finish the match quickly. I hope they give the Hook match at least a bit of time. It'd only be good for Hook at a wrestler.
  • Trustbusters looked tremendous in their squash. Just totally destroyed everyone with Bordeaux flying across the ring over and over again. I want to see him against Sting as part of a six man in six months or so. Slim J knows how to interface with Bordeaux perfectly already and he's such a good guy for him to be teaming with.
  • I am all for Vicky Dreamboat in theory but I think she needs some more reps to get her reactions down. Julia gave her quite a bit here but when it was time to close things down, she did so very definitively. All of the non-Dark watching normies are going to be shocked when she's suddenly a #1 contender for someone in a month or two and is just wrecking people on Rampage.
  • Rossi shall keep getting her reps in.
  • Blondes looked as good as I've ever seen them. Pillman's rake of the face with his boot is literally the best thing he's ever done. This is by far the best they've ever looked. Turn them already and give them one last shot (and maybe put a coach with them to get their heads on straight IRL).
  • Dante vs AR is a permanent tape match. There were spots in here that would probably still look fresh ten years from now but it just felt organic enough that I leaned more towards love than loathe, even as they kept piling them on. So much of that is down to the sheer athleticism. You have to be so amazingly good to be able to do this without showing strings every second or telegraphing everything as a "spot." But Fox has the experience and Dante has the inhuman leaping skill and it just worked. Fox should join the Trustbusters.
  • I liked Brock getting the spinebuster immediately after the strut. Maddux is a guy they should use a lot as an enhancement talent.
  • Workhorsemen had a great squash. Speaking of strings and magic tricks, I don't get how Drake doesn't either kill his opponent or really bang himself up on the corner cannonball because it looks so brutal. Just a massive impact. Nice to hear from them after the fact too.
  • Leila vs Renee had some rough spots but it was all about Taz demolishing JR
  • My big takeaway from Rush vs Blake other than that I like Rush's new music and I love watching him in this setting because he's like an old friend from 2014 is that Blake also needs to join the Trustbusters, but with the angle that he has to pay some relative's medical bills and he hates being in there. EVERYONE should be in the Trustbusters.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Re: Monday Night Wars 2-AEW Dark Elevation!!!
Emi-Shida had a nice bout there! That's the Shida I like to see. Time to break the no Emi on 'Turner' rule. Roosh is such a great thug. I can't remember anybody pairing better with the Butcher and the Blade. I want more of this trio. I also want Roosh to get that back looked after. Dug the Serenna squash. I think I now need to watch the whole show for Daddy Magic. Excalibur-Menard are easily the best AEW commentating team. 

Re: AEW vs NXT Tuesday-AEW Dark!!!
Can we get the WILL INTO EXISTENCE collective going to get AR Fox signed and pushed!?! Dug the showcase v Dante. Goddamn Work Horsemen! So good. Ha, is this the week that all the haters start pretending they always loved the Trustbusters? Boudreaux's getting better and better. Slim J is mganificent. Great signing. And Davari is sinking in nicely to the role. Unlimited potential with heel Sonny. Rush-Blake Christian was as fun as any Dark match I've ever seen.

• Like 4

AEW DARK SATURDAY NIGHT looks fun and weird.

Name of the event:
AEW Dark Saturday Night Special
Date:
Promotion:
Type:
Arena:
Broadcast type:
Taped
Broadcast date:
TV station/network:
YouTube.com

Tag Team Match
Non Title Tag Team Match
Tag Team Match
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, DEAN said:

AEW DARK SATURDAY NIGHT looks fun and weird.

Name of the event:
AEW Dark Saturday Night Special
Date:
Promotion:
Type:
Arena:
Broadcast type:
Taped
Broadcast date:
TV station/network:
YouTube.com

Tag Team Match
Non Title Tag Team Match
Tag Team Match

The only thing missing here is a dope women's sixer.

Edited by porksweats
Autocorrect changed sixer to sizer
  • Like 3

Waiting on RJ City stuff, I did look at the Countdown.

1.) Danielson had a great bit talking about how sports entertainment is extrinsic and what he wants and what he does is intrinsic.

2.) Hobbs said "I'm not just a monster, I'm a star. That makes me a mon-star!" So he's basically this: @J.H.

silverhawks-monstruon.gif

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 3

Daddy Magic on commentary, Tay & Sammy's matching pink ring gear, awesome armbar counter, yeeting, Nicky Boy, matching cowboy vests, Dark Order teamwork, jean jacket low bridge, Emi moonsaulting Ortiz, and most of all that little girl marking out for her high five while Angelico grooves to Jane.

I'm not saying it's the best pro wrestling I have seen all week, but Special Saturday Elevation might have been the most enjoyable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Allright!  EXTRA ELEVATION!  Man, Sammy and Tay gave Laynie Luck and GPA loads of offense.  Laynie takes Tay to the MAT!  Daddy Magic finds the Guevaras to be LOVELY.  Sammy is a total fucking HEAT MACHINE.  GPA is a fun babyface.  Sammy is totally fucking great getting irrate at Laynie making the save. DOUBLE GTHs!  That was fun.  Will Keith Lee throw one of these dudes into the Stratosphere?  I really want Swerve and Slim J to go for 20 minutes.  Shane Strickland is so smooth.  And one of those dudes goes to the Stratosphere!  That was fine.  Nick Comoroto comes out as NICKY BOY!  FUZZY BOA!  Cole Karter needs a sammich!  Hangman is over in Chicago!  Who is fulfilling their destiny- Aaron Solo of Cole Karter?  Maybe NICKY BOY is taking the L.  NICKY BOY! NICKY BOY! NICKY BOY!  HE's had enough of these Chicago rubes!  Cole Karter CHEATS!  The Factory starts beating on John Silver!  QT also CHEATS!  One must love the CHEATING of the Factory.  Hangman makes the HOT TAG! and mauls the Factory, including a plancha on NICKY BOY!  NICE Death Valley Driver by Hangman FOR TWO?!?  Silver does the AWESOME EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX on NICKY BOY!  Hangman allows Aaron Solo to meet his DESTINY with the Buckshot Lariat.  NICKY BOY! NICKY BOY! NICKY BOY!  Daddy Magic was MAGIC.  It's the Acclaimed!  Invictus Khash is tagging with another three letter guy.  What's up with that?  It is starting to be to modern indie names what JUSTICE was to indie names 15 years ago.  Awesome Baliyan Akki!  HE is tagging with Emi!  Since 80% of matches in Choco Pro are mixed tags, this should be in their comfort zone.  Ruby Soho and Ortiz do DOUBLE RICK RUDES!  Emi is on fire and takes it to Ruby.  Emi and Akki are FUCKING AWESOME in this.  Fucking BEAUTIFUL Tope Con Hilo by Akki.  MORE RICK RUDE!  SORTIZ is way more fun that we deserve.  JANE!  The Butcher will not brook any nonsense!  TRENT gets crushed in the groinular region!  Angelico doesn't go all Negro Navarro.  Trent is the glue holding this match together as he accepts an assbeating from especially the Butcher.  AWESOME!  Danhausen is Ciuje and Angelico is Mephisto and the crowd is ENRAGED when Angelico slaps him upside the head!  Danhausen being Best Friends' mascot mini is a great idea.  Danhausen IS Alushe.  Alushe punches Angelico in the GROIN!  That was a lot of fucking around.  But it was pretty good.  NICKY BOY! NICKY BOY! NICKY BOY! SORTIZ!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm on to the second match, so I haven't read your whole post yet Dean, but I quickly scanned for the words "Nicky Boy" and immediately found them as suspected. He already ruled as unfrozen caveman wrestler, so I'm truly looking forward to what else he brings with Italian Rick Bognar As Razor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Matt Menard is absolutely hysterical on commentary, I can't get enough of him. Is he injured right now? 

Fun week of YouTube shows though. My internet was out all week so I watched the three shows back to back to back. Won't be getting All Out tonight but 3+ hours of free YouTube rasslin was a nice alternative. 

• Like 5

Kip Sabian with a good promo. Eddie Kingston quoting Dylan Thomas. Hikaru Shida's interesting pronunciation of the word "Woman". It's all here.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AxB said:

Kip Sabian with a good promo. Eddie Kingston quoting Dylan Thomas. Hikaru Shida's interesting pronunciation of the word "Woman". It's all here.

My favorite thing in this is Excalibur in a John Prine shirt! 

3 hours ago, StevieNippz said:

Matt Menard is absolutely hysterical on commentary, I can't get enough of him. Is he injured right now? 

Fun week of YouTube shows though. My internet was out all week so I watched the three shows back to back to back. Won't be getting All Out tonight but 3+ hours of free YouTube rasslin was a nice alternative. 

Good question, he's been doing it for a couple weeks and Cool Hand Ang has the FTW title match today, so that wouldn't surprise me

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late!  Drove to North Carollina to my sister's Labour Day party.  It was three hours each way and my 17 year old son was in charge of the AUX so imagine my hell.  Pity an old man... Anyway, ZERO HOUR!  Will this be the best RAMPAGE ever?  Who could be sure?  Until we watch it.  Ortiz wearing Aja Kong make-up is fucking awesome.  Sammy is bumping like a total psycho.  Anna JAS is interfering!  This was a fun little trainwreck.  Ruby looks like she got her nose broke.  What is up with the ladies of AEW and their noses getting broken?  It's a curse.  It's HOOK!  Angelo Parker!  Daddy Magic! I assume this will be fast.   Parker is awesome on offense. The Tully Blanchard lace rake!  Hook is in an actual wrestling match.  Parker is awesome taking Hook's suplexes.  Parker cuts Hook off with a punch to the face.  Awesome!  Hook makes Ange tap and Daddy Magic attacks Hook!  And Daddy Magic and Cool Hand get manhandled by a rapper. That was a decent showing by Hook.  He sold a lot and Parker looked good.  Kip Sabian is wrestling again!  What was the story of why he was out?  He looks good in this.  PAC is wrestling heel and the crowd is behind Kip Sabian, which is odd.  Kinda methodical, like PAC is trying to shake his recent Dragon Gate all action/no selling recent history.  He does the RVD on a Sabian DDT.  PAC kind of stomps Kip's head in.  And then hits a Twisty Shooting Star Press (The Black Arrow).  PAC matches in smokey buildings in Europe are way more fun than an opener on a PPV, but that was fine.  Kip Sabian looked good.  It's weird that 31 good matches on TV last week makes us immune to a perfectly fine wrestling.  It's good place to be.  It's TOMOHIRO ISHII!  I saw him live in Norfolk!  He tagged with Orange Cassidy!  It was awesome.  It's Eddie Kingston!  I IMAGINE that this will be stiff.  THEY GO TOTALLY MEMPHIS!  Instead of punches, it's knife edge chops!  This is fucking great!  It's KIND of a response to GUNTHER/Sheamus STIFFNESS-wise, but it's a completely different match in that GUNTHER beat the living fuck out of Sheamus and Sheamus made a courageous comeback. Here it's more of an ode to Tenryu vs Kensuke Sasaki where they both just beat the fuck out of each other and nobody really got the upperhand.  Schnieder and Matt D turn on this match as they redo Kobashi/Misawa and no-sell a wad of Suplexes.  Stuff Powerbomb!  Eddie Kingston IS Genichiro Tenryu!  GREAT Lariat by Eddie FOR TWO!  This totally morphs into a New Japan match as they get to the nearfalls.  GREAT nearfall on a Urican counter to a Brainbuster Attempt!  NORTHERN LIGHTS BOMB!  LIKE KENSUKE SASAKI!  I dig Eddie Kingston channeling Tenryu like Dax Harwood channels Bret Hart.  That was great.  I can't imagine how much I would have dug that more if GUNTHER/Sheamus wasn't one day ago.  It's been a STIFF weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AEW ELEVATION 9/5/22 TOP 5!

5. Nyla Rose controlling the center of the ring, knowing what to give and when, and slugging it out with Queen Aminata.
4. Julia Hart's methodological moving about the ring as if she was the Warlord in 1991. Also singing to her own music.
3. Skye Blue and Diamante laying it in and the new entrance into Skye's goofy finisher. Post-match her almost tearing up and Menard going into French for no reason.
2. Marq Quen's awesome DVDVR-approved missile dropkick.
AND
1. Matt Menard and Excalibur's weekly betting on Serena Deeb's match time and Excalibur subsequently getting hot that she was taking too long taking off her robe. Really the whole match. There is still joy in this world, my friends. It just exists on Elevation!

AEW ELEVATION: Wrestling As You Remember It!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1