DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Hyped for Emi vs Shida. The rest of the show looks like enhancement matches, so it should get some time. Katie Arquette is also on the show to get stretched by Professor Deeb. I haven’t seen her work so I’m curious about that. 

14 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Hyped for Emi vs Shida. The rest of the show looks like enhancement matches, so it should get some time. Katie Arquette is also on the show to get stretched by Professor Deeb. I haven’t seen her work so I’m curious about that. 

I'm sure she won't get to show anything, but she's good.  She's in that Davienne/Sierra/Hyan group of indie wrestlers who should get signed if AEW has a weekly studio show for the ladies if IMPACT! doesn't scoop them up.

• Like 2

Daddy Magic is starting off hot!  Dante Martin is doing a lot more matwork and less flashy highflying.  Has he been hanging out with Angelico?  I'm thinking that his crossbody isn't actually a highspot anymore.  Fun midgrade finisher!  Julia Hart.  Evil.  Cool submission.  Daddy Magic ALSO appreciates a good tassel- as he mentions Arie Alexander's garb.  Queen Aminata and Skye Blue are tagging together.  We are getting closer and closer to Queen Aminata and Toni Storm to having a Totally Butt Based Match!  Nyla beats on Skye and Skye COUNTERS out of a double team and tags in Queen Aminata who gets in a wad of offense, starting with a super stiff CHOP!  Marina Shafir is fucking awesome going on offense and Queen Aminata rolls with her offense really well.  Vickie Guerrero is a HEAT MACHINE~!  That was good even if I couldn't quite figure out what they were doing for the finish.  Matt Hardy wrestles in twelve thousandth match I've seen him wrestle.  I remember him wrestling  in a bar in Carolina back when you had to be at least 16 to smoke.  It's Katie Arquette!  I'm guessing that Serena Deeb won't give her much since she is doing a Speed Beatings Of Enhancement Talent thing.  Arquette gets a moment of offense but not much.  Frankie Kazarian wrestles and I recall that the last time I saw him wrestle was in Championship Wrestling from Hollywood against Jordan Clearwater two weeks ago.  He looks good here.  Okay, Rush teaming with the Butcher is something I didn't know I needed until right now.  Rush takes on the enhancement talent like Vader channelling the Nasty Boys.  The Butcher beats on them EVEN WORSE!  The Blade also beats the fudge out of them.  Soooooo PUT THE TRIOS TITLES ON THEM!  Emi Sakura and Hikaru Shida is STIFF!  SWEET Backdrop Driver on to the chair by Emi.  NICE Tiger Driver by Emi!  SWEET Moonsault by Emi!  FOR TWO!  Hikaru Shida goes all Mardi Gras with her top, challenging Emi to chop her!  This match is fucking awesome- an ELEVATION CLASSIC!  Meteora for TWO.  Nearfalls galore!    Spinning crescent spinning kick for the WIN!  This is fucking great.  That was fucking great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

- As awesome as Dante is a a high-flyer, I like this more strike-oriented offense and new finisher. He deserves a bigger push but not sure how given the current roster and belt situation.

- Julia’s finisher looked nasty last week. This week was more of a gentle stretch you would do for a friend. She is working the gimmick hard, I’ll give her that.

- Marina almost killed Skye Blue twice, but she also made Aminata’s offense look great so it’s a wash this week. Not sure why you have Skye, who should be getting some kind of push one of these days, eating the pin. I think Skye is better than Anna JAS and/or Hart, but I suppose the enhancement talent needs to be good to make the stars look good.

- I realize I didn’t really miss Matt Hardy. Weird match, although RSP basically running a Hardy tribute match was clever. Private Party needs a refresh or an excursion or ROH to start, they’ve been stuck in purgatory for the entire year I’ve been watching.

- Serena Deeb is another who could really use ROH become a full-time thing.  Having her work Dark/Elevation is good for the younger talent, and at least Arquette got some token offense.

- You guessed it, Frankie Kazarian is back to wrestle a very proficient, perfectly fine match. He and Dante should have a program (and train together), and Dante should steal that springboard leg drop.

- Rush, Butcher, and Blade is a pretty fun concept. Violence ensues. Dante should study and work a program with Rush, teach young Dante some dickish athletic moves.

- Excited for the main. If Akki isn’t going to hold our YouTube queen’s train then why is he there. Ohhh, “Regina di Wave” as in queen of Wave, not someone named Regina D. Wade. They maybe need to not focus on Shida’s corner punches. EMI~! hits a moonsault!!! Holy shit! Shida auditions for BCC! Kind of nice to see them have one of those 6 minutes sprints that packs in 12 minutes of action, but 15 minutes packed into 10-12 would have been better. Crowd did get into the hot finish.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The main was very good but I don't have a ton to say about it.

The big thing I want to comment on was how great it was when Blade popped for Rush faking on his finish the first time.

J8r8yv.gif

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 5

Running a little late.  Had to watch the truly spectacular Matt Cardona vs Rolando Freeman match on NWA Powerrr.  Awesome!  Luther is back with El Serpentico!  Nice beel by John Silver.  They gave this a little time!  Silver kinda let SERP do a bunch of stuff.  Dammit, Charlett!  You're a TWIN!  YOU NEED TO HAVE THE SAME HAIR STYLE!  Diamante is back!  Robyn CHEATS very effectively!  Way to punch someone!  Whoa!  Rana gone wrong!  Robyn CHEATS wrong and hits her sister!  Diamante wins!  Angelo Parker isn't bleeding like a freak.  And it's over.  It's MYLO!  She's from VA Beach!  Or Norfolk.  I think it's Virginia Beach because I assumed she went to Bayside High.  She wrestles in CWFH so I have yammered about her before.  WHOA!  KEIRA HOGAN STEALS TONI STORM'S WRECKED 'EM!  HOLY SHIT! BOOK IT, TONY!  So that ISN'T Jane's Addiction?  Slim J is fucking awesome.  What a great fucking Lariat.  Parker Boudreaux is fun.  Vicky Dreamboat!  Julia Hart!  Evil! Cool submission!  They are having an actual match for a minute.  It's called HARTLESS now!  YAAAY!  Matt Menard is so great.  ARE YOU A TOUGH GUY OR A PRETTY BOY!?!  Hey!  It's Vipress!  She was on CWFH a couple of times during the epidemic.  Kayla Rossi is a Dustin Rhodes trainee, I'm guessing.  Maybe QT Marshall.  She doesn't have a cagematch.net profile yet.  HOW WILL WE KNOW THE NAME OF HER FINISHER?  The Varsity Blonds!  It's Dean Alexander!   He does something behind the scenes because he shows up on Sammy Guevara's vlog.  He bumps big into the barricade.  It's AR Fox!  He's the guy who trained Austin Theory.  He also trained the AEW Dark BOOKER, Shawn Dean!  He also trained Jade Cargill.  He trained Fit Finlay's youngest wrestling son, Brogan.  He trained Alan Angels.  He should start his own version of the FACTORY.  They could lure Austin Theory over and he could be on ELEVATION!  Fox does a lot of cool shit in this.  Dante Martin does his new thing of toning down the high flying.  Okay, this match suddenly RULES as Fox gets a nearfall after a 450. Brock Anderson does a Garvin Stomp!  Okay, Tyson Maddox is an AEW DARK all star!  Fargo Strut!  He made that Spinebuster look better than Brock's dad's.  It's the Workhorsemen!  ROH TV has to be starting soon.  Jesus Christ,  Manny Lo didn't deserve that chop by JD Drake.  Excalibur linking Drake to Maki Ito is a special moment on AEW DARK.  Drake with a MOONSAULT!  AWESOME!  Drake is waaaay like Arn Anderson ON THE STICK~!  PUNCH IN!  KNOCK OUT!  Whoa!  Renee Michel!  She should definitely be a Baddie.  She is so strikingly beautiful.  And she's a good wrestler.  Leila Grey is also strikingly beautiful.  There should be like 8 Baddies.  Different body types unified by sassiness.  NICE toprope Missile Dropkick by Michel.  Leila Grey wins with that Billy Kidman finisher.  Well. this will be weird.  Rush versus Blake Christian?  How much of a beating can Blake Christian take?  We are about to find out.  Oh yeah, one can forget that Rush is a great rudo and can make a technico like Christian look good.  For a minute.  And then he beats the living dogshit out of Blake Christian.  Jesus!  Blake Christian bumps like a TOTAL PSYCHO.  JAYZEUS!  What a fucking elbow by Rush!  Rush is like when I first was Fit Finlay.  Just a raised level of ass beating.  Blake is awesome because he is leaning WAY into Rush's offense.  Christian has Drew McIntyre-like translucent skin and it shows all over the ass beating he's taking.  Blake Christian is awesome making his comeback.  He is a good sympathetic babyface and God knows Rush has beaten enough heat onto him.  Rush is a great BASE~!  That match was awesome.  Blake Christian is beaten waaaay into our hearts. That was a good DARK.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Roosh vs All Heart was (probably?) the "best" match, but I'll go so far as to argue that the glorious Workhorsemen squash deserves a spot on this week's poll because:

- The commentary! Not just the Cutest In-Joke in the World (which was indeed lovely) but also Ex botching Drake's name and you wonder why they left that in... then we find out why.

- The interview.

- This (likely) marks the point at which my favourite wrestler JD Drake starts a YouTube winning streak!

- Maybe we are headed for Workhorsemen vs (grumble grumble) Iron Savages for "best YouTube tag team" honours. That might kill me. It will be worth it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Roosh vs All Heart was (probably?) the "best" match, but I'll go so far as to argue that the glorious Workhorsemen squash deserves a spot on this week's poll because:

- The commentary! Not just the Cutest In-Joke in the World (which was indeed lovely) but also Ex botching Drake's name and you wonder why they left that in... then we find out why.

- The interview.

- This (likely) marks the point at which my favourite wrestler JD Drake starts a YouTube winning streak!

- Maybe we are headed for Workhorsemen vs (grumble grumble) Iron Savages for "best YouTube tag team" honours. That might kill me. It will be worth it.

I'll do it.  I got no problem with anything as weird as that logic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1