DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Ortiz and Ruby Soho is the mixed tag-team I did not know I needed to see challenge Sammy and Tay for the AAA Mixed Tag-Team titles in the states.  Queen Aminata is still the fucking best.  I approve of Julia Hart's new investment in HoB themed ring gear.  Why is PAC the only member of Death Triangle coming out with a title belt?  Doesn't Rey Fenix have like twenty singles titles in AAA right now?  The look of regal disdain that Emi Sakura had on her face when Maki Itoh pandered to the crowd during the entrance walk was priceless.  We are heels, goddammit.  We're here to wrestle, not smile.  I like Skye Blue being a part of that tag match.  It is like a high school student taking a college course for credit.  The experience you will receive will be invaluable.  The disintegration of the match prior to the finish was kinda awesome with everybody hitting everything.  Shida smashed Emi Sakura with a running elbow that was nearly as gnarly as Osprey's Hidden Blade on Dax Harwood right before she got murdered by Emi's beautiful Saito Suplex counter.  Maybe Shida should use that elbow shiver as her flash pin kill move and drop that sketchy spinning knee?  The right team went over.  The rookie gaijin in the ring with experienced Japanese veterans should always eat the clean pinfall.  I am looking forward to Shida getting her win back by publicly assassinating Emi Sakura in the title defense for her newly minted Pro Wrestling Wave singles championship. 

AEW.  Pimping fine international pro wrestling federations.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Mark Jindrak sighting on BTE this week...is Marco Corleone going to be ALL ELITE???

The greatest dropkick of all time? Now that's a tournament I'd enjoy participating in. 

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
14 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Suzuki for weight behind it and timing. Styles, BA Billy Gunn, Perfect's standing version, Rocky Johnson, Koko's off the top. I'm sure I'm forgetting some from the '80s.

Kih26Qc.gif

It's the classics that count.

How the fuck I forget Furnas?! Gotta be one of the most athletic people to step into a wrestling ring ever. Should've been a bigger deal and LaFon was such a great prick and smart worker that perfectly complemented the awe inspiring power and athleticism Furnas wielded. 

Tony Atlas had a great dropkick. 

Jim Brunzell deserves mention.

My personal choice might be Jaguar Yokota:

Back on topic:

FzcOIN7.jpg

The Iron Savages? 

My mighty heart is breaking.

When you have something as pure and beautiful as "Bear Country" why would you mess with it, unless your new idea was actually much better? I cannot cheer for The Iron Savages. 

You are dead to me now, AEW.

Dead.

EDIT: They still wrestle like Bear Country. 

OK, AEW, you are back on life support to me. But I am eyeballing the plug.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sorry I'm late.  Went out for GREEK FOOD!  I had a black bean gyro.  The wife had Greek spaghetti.  Then we went to Kroger.  On the way back I had my wife look up the words to You Shook Me All Night Long because something has always bothered me- and the line is "she had sightless eyes"??  What the fuck is that supposed to mean?  Anyway,  The Renegade Twins!  Allie Recks!  She is very thin.  She is our enhancement in peril early.  Recks has very large teeth.  Let me notice creepy things about Allie Recks.  It's fun!  She counters a double suplex with a double DDT and makes the hot tag!  The Renegades win without switching places.  What an insult to our enhancement talent!  Anthony Agogo is treading water on the DARKS not having any competitive matches.  He does claw at Meto's face, so that's good.  I guess he is listening to Lord Regal backstage.  Oh yeah, he is because his doing JOINT MANIPULATION things!  Nice Belly to Belly.  He needs to tag with Cole Karter or something.  IT's Pretty Peter Avalon, THE PRETTIEST BOY IN AEW!  He is tagging with Ryan Nemeth!  PPA tells a little story because the Wingmen rule and the SKULK get in some stuff before PPA CRUSHES Liam with a Top Rope Splash!  PPA is ON THE STICK~! with TONY!  PPA is so awesome.  Hey!  It's Blake Christian!  Awesome, he's wrestling Lucky Ali!  I remember back when Sabu had a finisher that was a split legged moonsault.  Blake Christian tells a little story and gives Ali some offense to make the match worth watching.  Christian's finisher SEQUENCE is neat.  Blake Christian IS ON THE STICK~! with Tony.  Blake is very earnest.  HE reminds me of wiry rednecks who would drive a souped up VW bug back in high school.  It's Jorah Johl.  He is now the fourth most pushed guy from India in AEW.   He looks good in this- as does Something Morales.  NICE Everest Superplex by Johl.  Nice kick to the face by Johl.  So Morales needs to get signed.  Max Caster wrestles a dude.  His opponent DOES have hilarious hair.  Kids today.  The Factory takes on Dante Martin and Matt Sydal!  When does Darius return? Nick  Comoroto looks like he is manscaping.  Or maybe he is cutting weight.  He looks less apelike is what I'm saying.  Maybe he has a court date.  I loved the catching and kicking of Martin as Martin tried a tope by Comoroto!  Comoroto is awesome.  And NOW he's presentable.  And he is Dante Martin's nemesis!  He misses a standing Variation On A Standing Moonsault!  Matt Sydal makes the hot tag and reminds me of Speedball Mike Bailey.  So the Factory distract the ref by having the ref check the EAR like the Wingmen have the ref check the TEETH.  What a weird world of AEW DARK.  This match is REALLY fun.  How is this not our main event? It's Daniel Garcia!  He's wrestling Westin Blake! I love that Garcia can't figure out if he's a heel or a babyface at the moment so he just randomly suplexes dudes.  FUCKING BEAUTIFUL Back drop Driver by Garcia.  Garcia gave Blake huge wads of offense and made this an interesting match.  Why isn't THIS the Main Event?  The Trustbusters!  I see that VSK is joining Smart Mark Sterling in the realm of preposterous gimmicks- the Trust Butler!  I think they are wrestling three dudes that wrestle in OVW.  Parker Boudreaux has a future in Professional Wrestling.  It's the Dark Order!  Man, there are a lot of matches tonight.  Nice Lariat by Reynolds.  John Silver is in for five seconds.  It's Tony Nese and Josh Woods!  Smart Mark Sterling is dressed like Satan in a sitcom.  Josh Woods is a monster on the mat.  They hit their 3-D variation right this team.  Sterling IS ON THE STICK~!  Oh AWESOME!  The Blackwood Combat Club are going to beat the shit out of Nese and Woods.  MORE CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS!  Sterling is great.  The Iron Savages means that formerly Bear Country is getting a push.  That's cool.  They still do Bear Country things so it's all good.  Bronson is very intense ON THE STICK~!  It's the Workhorsemen!  It's time for their first AEW win!  YAY!  The Workhorsemen are OVER!   KiLynn King must be signed.  She'll have been on TV two weeks in a row.  Mafiosa must be 5'10"ish.  Mafiosa's Doing The Splits While Choking You With Her Boot thing is cool. King hits a GNARLY Excalibuster!  KiLynn is on the STICK!  Oh she makes it Cleveland versus Pittsburg!  BRITT BAKER!  WHATDYKNOW? A PULL APART!  HELLO CLEVELAND!  That was fun.  

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

When you have something as pure and beautiful as "Bear Country" why would you mess with it, unless your new idea was actually much better? I cannot cheer for The Iron Savages.

They've clearly turned heel, so maybe somebody thought giving them a bad name was the only way to get people not to cheer them?

• Like 1