DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Couple of more quick things -

So Valentina Rossi had to revert to her other name due to Kayla Rossi being on the same show, I'm assuming. Still don't care for Kayla Rossi, but good on the Diamond Shiek for getting on the show again.

Not sure how I feel about the more human-esce Abadon. The outfit was nice though.

Julia Hart's new theme song is A BANGER.

• Like 2

Urgh, bullet pointing Dark is not a good use of my time this morning, but here we are? Let's make this quick.

• Loved the mythos building for Excalibur summing up the apartment building with Super Strong Suplex Machine.
  • Davari's fine but every time he's in, I kind of think to myself that it'd be more interesting if it was Slim J. Slim J vs Fuego sounds like a lot of fun, right?
  • Willow crushing both Renegades was something. Loved her reactions as she realized what was going on and then how she shrugged it off to have fun in victory anyway. I'm surprised they let Taz sing so much of the song. 
  • Brock is a guy who probably should be in the WWE developmental system at this point. Serpentico interacting with Arn Anderson is something that should happen weekly. 
  • Mafiosa made the best of her name situation and took a decent chunk of that match. She's got a real niche as a stylized jobber that stands out every time you see her but that is definitely enhancement talent. She can get work for years on that though and probably does pretty well getting indy bookings? This felt like one of the more complete Abadon matches I've seen.
  • Angelico vs Akki was fun, even if I wanted to see Akki do more than a hammerlock in those early exchanges. It just seemed like an opponent that Angelico might do some really out there stuff with.
  • We see Emi in so many 50/50 matches it's nice to see her get an actual squash now and again, so she can just tear someone apart and have tea while doing it.
  • Josh Woods match made me wonder how planned/last second his heel turn was. He was slapping hands and taking selfies with guys. I wish he had gotten a match with Cavernario while in ROH. Is Cavernario still good? 
  • I don't want to overthink things, but I do kind of wonder if Raju is part of a push for India? The son/sun line is all time terrible though. And very doomed. If you have to go with one of these two, maybe go with Khash instead?
  • I say too many nice things about Skye and don't ever want to get into "Settle Down" territory, but she's gotten very good at simulating hitting people very hard in a way that is visually dissonant and really makes her stand out even on this roster. Plus she has more and more little tricked out bits of offense and is such a natural babyface working from underneath. Honestly? I'd have her go over Jade in a year and a half. That's a story worth building towards. (Then have a frigging exit strategy for once! Have her follow that up by having to survive monsters like Nyla, Abadon, etc and ride that underdog survival thing for six months). Homegrown talent.
  • Liked the recover in the Bears match. If A doesn't work, logically and organically do B. You can get away with that when you're huge, powerful, and savvy.
  • So. Rossi needs some work. There's upside there, but she needs reps. Do not rush her up. Mainly, it made me sad that Bayne got injured right when she was getting a look. Is she almost back by now?
  • I kind of zoned out on the last two matches. Taz taking a kind of babyface tilt on Hobbs' turn was interesting though. Again, this was probably taped before the turn, right? 
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

Urgh, bullet pointing Dark is not a good use of my time this morning, but here we are? Let's make this quick.

•  Slim J vs Fuego sounds like a lot of fun, right?

INDEED!

Speaking of which...

How about teaming up KiLynn King with Tay Melo? You could call them

Spoiler

KiLynnTay Deluxe

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gordlow said:

INDEED!

Speaking of which...

How about teaming up KiLynn King with Tay Melo? You could call them

Hide contents

KiLynnTay Deluxe

GOD!  DAMN IT!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gordlow said:

Thank you. I also think Bryan and Andrade should team up eventually.

Hide contents

American Idolo

WHAT THE FUCK!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Matt D said:
  • I don't want to overthink things, but I do kind of wonder if Raju is part of a push for India? The son/sun line is all time terrible though. And very doomed. If you have to go with one of these two, maybe go with Khash instead? 

Welllll, Khash is Iranian.  That would be a different audience I would think.  But yeah, Khash is a far more interesting wrestler.

Ok, Dark tapings. Let's see what we've got. No results below, just a list of matches.

Spoiler
  • Silver vs Serpentico!
  • C. Renegade vs Diamante
  • Dante vs AR Fox
  • Rush vs Blake Christian
  • Sydal vs JD Drake
  • Squashes for... Trustbusters, Parker, Julia (Vicky Dreamboat), Blonds, Rossi (Vipress), Brock, Workhorsemen, Leila Grey, Silver/Reynolds, Emi (with Baliyan Akki), Trustbusters (Kross + others), Ogogo, Clayton, Shafir (Rosa Negra), Rayne (Viva Van), KiLynn King, Woods/Nese (Akki), Kiss

More later!

• Like 1

Spoiler

So then:

• Daivari is Ari
  • Sonny Kiss is Vincent
  • Parker Boudreaux is Turtle
  • Slim J is Johnny Drama
  • and VSK is presumably E.

Anna JAS is so much more fun since she became evil.  Nikki Victory has pro looking gear.  Daddy Magic is MAGIC on commentary.  Queen Aminata uses her butt more than Toni Storm does.  They should sign her and have them have a butt-based feud.  NICE Fisherman Buster Suples by Ortiz.  RUBY SOHO!  Dante Martin tells a little story with Jackson Drake.  Drake hits a FISHERMAN BUSTER SUPLEX!  I would note that Ortiz just did that,  but I truly don't give a fuck about wrestlers using the moves used earlier on the card.  Dante Martin auditions for the Blackpool Combat Club by not doing any high spots (except for a Flying Cross Body) and beating a guy in the ring on the mat.  SIGN HIM UP, REGAL!  Jackson Drake is awesome because he brings THE BLOOD!  Megan Meyers is good on the indies.  Serena Deeb is AWESOME clawing at Meyers face.  Meyers fires back and the crowd gets behind her.  Deeb then proceeds to completely murder her.  That was good.  Alex Reynolds is getting taller as his beard grows out.  I can't figure it out.  It must involve the Illuminati or Bigfoot or something.  Daddy Magic is so much better than this match.  I love that Julia Hart is wearing an outfit Debra Harry would where in 1979.  Haley Shadows is AWESOME going totally Wiccan by not wearing any make-up.  That's a Wiccan thing, right?  Shadows FIRES BACK WITH FOREARMS!  Julie Hart has an awesome submission.  Josh Woods is awesome.  Tony Nese is awesome.  Nese is a HEAT MACHINE!  Woods IS the Nasty Boys- slaughtering enhancement dudes.  PENTA will tell a story because he is a consummate luchadore.  Okay, MANSCOUT is my new favorite gimmick.  They didn't tell a story.  Disappointing.  BUT!  They do bring a child in the ring to celebrate his birthday!  Daddy Magic singing along with Maki Ito is GOLDEN.  They mention Suzu Suzuki so they HAVE to bring her in.  Maki Ito is fucking awesome.  I love how Daddy Magic gets into Ito having an iron head.  Emi Sakura is on a different level lately.  Her versus Shida for the Wave title will rock.  That match was the epitome of FUN.

• Like 9

There are people in this world who watch AEW religiously and complain about women's wrestling not being more focused every week that won't take the time to seek out that awesome, awesome Serena Deeb squash (which wouldn't have been nearly as awesome as it was if it wasn't a squash; it might have been something different equally awesome in its own way, but not like that; that was a unique and special snowflake of a beating). Or that would ever see the super fun Itoh/Emi vs Skye/Shida main event. It's right there. Two clicks away. Come on people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Matt D said:

There are people in this world who watch AEW religiously and complain about women's wrestling not being more focused every week that won't take the time to seek out that awesome, awesome Serena Deeb squash (which wouldn't have been nearly as awesome as it was if it wasn't a squash; it might have been something different equally awesome in its own way, but not like that; that was a unique and special snowflake of a beating). Or that would ever see the super fun Itoh/Emi vs Skye/Shida main event. It's right there. Two clicks away. Come on people.

They just complain it isn't on TV.

• Like 1