DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Hey!  It's Slim J!  He is so awesome.  He should feud with Shane Strickland and they could have an Odd Way To Do Things match.  Diavari steals the pin!  THE BASTARD!   It's Harley Cameron!  She is quite stunning.   She is Australian!  Willow Nightingale is signed, right?  She is OVER everywhere.  Willow is fucking around a lot in this.  Willow CRUSHES Harley with a cannonball into the corner and further crushes her with her variation on the Doctor Bomb.  Diamante is back!  Back to squash matches!  She has a cool submission.  It's the Factory!  Now enriched with Cole Karter!  This is Aaron Solo and Nick Comoroto!  Taz gives WORDS to their theme song.  Comoroto is awesome jumping in a dropping an elbow on Caleb something.  Comoroto is beating the fuck out of Caleb.  KC Rocker tags in so he can be beaten to death by Comoroto.  Factory gets a win!  Shawn Dean books himself over Jonathan Hudson.  I see the Trustbusters will be going for the ROH six man titles.  Parker Boudreaux was in WWE for six matches.  i was wondering why I don't remember him.  The Trustbusters are definitely becoming the ROH House of Black!  Boudreaux is our Trustbusters Brodie King!  Except King is a seasoned veteran and this is Boudreax's ninth match.  We'll see, I guess.  It's Pretty Peter Avalon, the prettiest boy in the AEW~!  He is so awesome.  And Ryan Nemeth!  Pretty Peter SHOWBOATS HIS BUNS!  YES!  I AIN'T THAT OLD!  Peter Avalon sells a backhand from Max Caster to the mat through the ropes to the floor.  Avalon superkicks Caster to get on offense.  THUS Avalon enters the ring and this match becomes 500% better.  Wait a minute.  Ryan Nemeth distracts the ref by having her CHECK HIS TEETH!  This is the third time the Wingman have done this in recent history.  WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?  Caster drops the elbow and that's that.   AWESOME!  IT'S CONNER MILLS!  From WRESTLE FORCE to AEW DARK!  SIGN HIM, TK!  He reminds me of a taller Mark Haskins.  He would have fit right in to ROH in 2019 with Haskins and PJ Black.  Excaliber is talking about Kip Sabian.  I assume he is coming back.  Sabian versus Pac would be good.  Oh man, Connor Mills is fucking awesome.  SWEET Brainbuster by Mills.  Mills is so intense.  Moonsault off the second rope to the floor by Mills!  PAC is giving Mills everything early.  Mills counters a Superplex by hitting a SUWA dropkick off the top.  PAC will now beat the living hell out of Mills.  Tombstone on the ramp by Pac!  Pac crushes Mills head with a second rope kneedrop that he follows up with a GNARLY Brainbuster.  Pac is now toying with Mills.  PAc goes to ring side to yell at Kip Sabian!  This allows Connor Mills to make a comeback!  PAc cuts him off with a German Suplex.  Mills hits a TOWER OF LONDON LARIAT!  NICE Tiger Driver by Pac FOR TWO!  Pac misses the 450!  Mills hits the 450!  FOR TWO!  Mills hits a thing after Pac kinda jumped onto his shoulders for two!  Pac fights to get in the SUPERPLEX!  IT'S A HIGH ANGLE TOPROPE BRAINBUSTER!  Man, that was a sickening thud.  PAc hits the Black Arrow and Pac gets the pin.  That was fucking great.  I love these All Atlantic title matches.  He needs to go to Mexico.  And Japan.  And wrestle Konosuke Takeshita.  AEW RULES THE FUCKING WORLD.     

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nyla, Emi, and Marina is one of my favorite things in wrestling right now.   They're somehow magical together, and all of them so completely different from each other.  

If Toni Storm ever wins the championship, which is pretty likely at some point the way things are going, Emi Sakura at the very least deserves one of her first title defenses on Dynamite or Rampage, a solid 15-20 minutes and the crowd will eat it up.  Sakura is amazing, always active and present at all times during the match, keeping the match flowing along.  

Angelico is looking super impressive these days.  I hope we get matches with Danielson, Claudio, and perhaps even Zack Sabre Jr. down the line.  He really seems ready to take the next step.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Marina looked way better in that that six-person than she has in any other match I've seen. Put her in their with Storm every week.

Storm was her best singles match too, her team with Nyla has been good so far as well

So I get that one of the longest standing wrestling tropes is jerk millionaire, but it was just done with Matt Hardy and then Andrade and the HFO/AHFO/AFO...so why Davari now? Also I'm not sure I understand the two guys he's currently got...how are they Trustbusters? What do they have in common? And for god sakes WHAT IS THAT THEME SONG? IT'S TERRIBLE.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

So I get that one of the longest standing wrestling tropes is jerk millionaire, but it was just done with Matt Hardy and then Andrade and the HFO/AHFO/AFO...so why Davari now? Also I'm not sure I understand the two guys he's currently got...how are they Trustbusters? What do they have in common? And for god sakes WHAT IS THAT THEME SONG? IT'S TERRIBLE.

The gimmick seems to die with all of the names you mentioned spending their wealth on the lowest level talent. Davari buying contracts of an NXT cut and a journeyman indy wrestler is the best example yet. Tho, I dig what I've seen of Slim J thus far, and liked the Boudreaux squash. I'd like to see Boudreaux and J be the regular team. White trash personified quite nicely. Davari would be a nice cornerman with a little reason as to why. When he's in ring, I think they'd be smart to give him some sort of flashy gear to showcase his wealth. White boots and generic tights with an ugly logo seems to fail that proper image. 

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

The gimmick seems to die with all of the names you mentioned spending their wealth on the lowest level talent.

This is actually a funny point.  It does seem like every "rich guy puts together a stable" in wrestling is always filled with a bunch of bottom-of-the-barrel talent.  Except for maybe the Heenan Family? He at least had world title contenders and tag champs in his stable.

I guess it's somewhat realistic considering the franchise with the highest payroll isn't always the best in sports.

• Like 3

Hikaru Shida and Emi Sakura start it off STIFF!  Emi has been beating the shit out of folks since her Toni Storm match.  Shida is also laying it in.  Shida is giving Emi everything and Emi is awesome beating the crap out of Shida.  Shida kinda turns it on and beats Emi. That was good.  Madison Rayne challenges Jade Cargill and gets to carry Leila Grey instead.  It's Serpentico!  It's Mance Warner!  MANCE WARNER!  Is he going to bleed on ELEVATION?  Hey!  He can tag with the Briscoes for the ROH Trios title.  Luther CHEATS and Serpentico applies his heel tactics!  Warner is perfectly fine in the ring if he isn't bleeding and chasing someone with a barbed wire baseball bat.  It's Josh Woods!  I guess he is signed.  That's good.  It's Tony Nese!  It's motherfucking Smart Mark Sterling!  Oh man, these guys are going to be a great heel tag team.  Josh Woods is fucking awesome with the Rolling German Suplex for the win.  That's a wee episode.  Shida and Emi was good.  Josh Woods looked awesome.  Oh yeah, Mance Warner on the stick is solid gold.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Log said:

This is actually a funny point.  It does seem like every "rich guy puts together a stable" in wrestling is always filled with a bunch of bottom-of-the-barrel talent.  Except for maybe the Heenan Family? He at least had world title contenders and tag champs in his stable.

I guess it's somewhat realistic considering the franchise with the highest payroll isn't always the best in sports.

I was speaking specifically to the AEW wealthy leader stables, but perhaps you’re onto something. 

I gotta see that Shida-Emi bout. I saw the aftermath. I suspect they’ve done their homework and Madison Rayne is a potentially strong coach, but of all the Ladies from Impact to poach uh!? As an on screen pick-up this feels like Vince still raiding the depleted AWA in the early 90s just to fuck with them. Am I wrong, is she better than I’m remembering? I can’t honestly remember a match other than Slamovich squashing her recently. I also thought she and Josh Matthews were amongst the worst commentary teams I’ve ever heard. Impact has certainly come a long way in that department. Thank you Tom. I began my viewing with Ol Mancer. Serpentico’s antics seemed a bit at odds with showcasing Warner properly, but okay, fine. Woods is a big raw piece of talent. And a little rough around the edges. Matching him up with grade A teacher Nese is a smart understated move. Woods is not even an intermediate skill level on the mic, so Sterling’s a solid match there too. Looking forward to seeing them eat a beating on Rampage.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

NXT watchers: is Cole Carter legit? His finish was wild but he seemed kind of hesitant a couple times, for lack of a better term. Before tonight the only other time I've seen him is the Starks match and I thought he did pretty well there

He was only in a couple matches that I saw and he was a Tony D'Angelo underling.  He was fine.  I assume he'll get better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I suspect they’ve done their homework and Madison Rayne is a potentially strong coach, but of all the Ladies from Impact to poach uh!? As an on screen pick-up this feels like Vince still raiding the depleted AWA in the early 90s just to fuck with them. Am I wrong, is she better than I’m remembering? I can’t honestly remember a match other than Slamovich squashing her recently. 

Madison has had a few runs of being very good at different times but hasn't always had the chance to show it. Her most recent run she was more comedic heel/tag wrestler, but her being babyface here makes me think of her last singles face run in 2019 where she was having a great series of matches with Tessa and Taya, so I'm hopeful she'll get to deliver at that level again.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

NXT watchers: is Cole Carter legit? His finish was wild but he seemed kind of hesitant a couple times, for lack of a better term. Before tonight the only other time I've seen him is the Starks match and I thought he did pretty well there

He wrestled a few matches on Dark before his NXT run and lost to Ogogo on Dynamite. He's improved a bit and I don't see that stopping soon now that he's entangled with The Factory

• Like 2

Man, I think I enjoyed that more than Dynamite. Emi (who I've never seen before. I know, I know) is fun and got the best out of Shida. Ol Mancer shows up out of nowhere and has a REAL fun match with Serpentico, who is so goofy. Mancer even gives him some good selling! Then we have a nice squash with Nese and Woods who look like a great team, and Mance closes it out with some pertinent words. Good stuff. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, DEAN said:

It's Mance Warner!  MANCE WARNER!  Is he going to bleed on ELEVATION?  Hey!  He can tag with the Briscoes for the ROH Trios title.  

Either that or Impact can loan Sami Callihan to AEW and we can get a KILLBILLIES REUNION~!  Killbillies vs Briscoes for the bragging rights of Most Dangerous Rednecks in Pro Wrestling.  Yes, there will be blood.  Fuck MLW for releasing Sami and destroying the Killbillies.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Man, I think I enjoyed that more than Dynamite. Emi (who I've never seen before. I know, I know) is fun and got the best out of Shida. Ol Mancer shows up out of nowhere and has a REAL fun match with Serpentico, who is so goofy. Mancer even gives him some good selling! Then we have a nice squash with Nese and Woods who look like a great team, and Mance closes it out with some pertinent words. Good stuff. 

Wow, saw your post and realized I shut it down too early. Great seeing Mance wield that microphone. I hope they let him kill a few ppl after dropping the fall to Mox. 

• Like 1