DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

17 hours ago, DEAN said:

HEY! It's SLIM J! 

Bringing in talent from 2002 ROH is a trend I can really get behind. ?

And he was in the Scramble Madness match! (I made an Enimem joke on commentary for him)

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Gorman said:

Bringing in talent from 2002 ROH is a trend I can really get behind. ?

And he was in the Scramble Madness match! (I made an Enimem joke on commentary for him)

What did you say? "Hey Slim, what if you win? Wouldn't it be weird? What, so you guys just lied to get me here?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Wow, with Anna Jay joining Jericho's stable, it looks like the baby faces that Jade Cargill beat as a heel are now turning heel, just in time for Jade to turn face and remain undefeated as she runs through the division one more time.

I am not even convinced that they will book Athena to beat Jade when they finally scrap for the TBS title.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Let me put it this way. I thought it was good, but I also thought they could do another 40 of these, with Regal taking a different angle at it, and he could probably find a slightly different or wildly different angle each time, and 35 of the 40, it'd be better. Maybe it's because we're spending so much time with different iterations of him between announcing and the podcast lately but grumpy old morning Regal wasn't maximizing the potential here.

• Like 1

LMK is Little Mean Kathleen!  Julia makes with the CRAVATE!  LMK gets in some stuff before Julia makes her tap out with her truly awesome submission.  Oh man, Leila Grey is officially pushed on DARK ELEVATION.  She showboats her butt.  JC fucks up a thing in the corner.  Leila looks pretty vicious here unlike her matches in OVW.  Developing.  It's all the guys who used to be in Matt Hardy's and then Andrade's stable.  I guess they just hang out together now?  Angelico goes for a Dos Caras submission and gets the win.  Man, they getting everyone on this episode.  It's the Factory- the big four.  Nick Comoroto has done something with his hair.  Anthony Ogogo is getting pretty good.  QT Marshall is awesome, coming in after the Decapitation to hit a Diamond Cutter to poach the pin.  It's hopefully the future third Ass Boy, Cole Karter!  Luther is back with Serpentico!  YAAAY!  Karter reminds one of a young Marcus Alexander Bagwell.  If he gets on the gas, he could become buff,  be the stuff and the ladies wouldn;t be able to get enough.  Nice dropkick. Luther CHEATS! A lot!  Luther has been missed.  Karter is good taking Serpentico's offense.  Oh man, does Cole Karter have a finisher?  Ah, 450 Splash.  He needs to become an Ass Boy.  Athena, the best pure wrestler on the roster, takes on Christina Marie.  Athena is so fucking awesome.  She kills Christina with like eight moves in a row and then crushes her with an O Face.  Cole Karter joins the Factory!  Why would anyone do that?  Ahhh, wrestling...  It's Vickie Guerrerro's stable- Emi, Nyla and Marina!  They are up against a very fun wad of babyfaces- Willow Nightingale, Toni Storm and Hikaru Shida.  Shida is bouncing back and fourth between the US and Japan every week.  Storm counters Shafir's ankle lock with some World of Sport leg thingy.  Emi and Storm are MAGIC in the ring.  The crowd gets behind Toni Storm's STRUGGLE to escape the horror that is the evil working's of Vickie Guerrerro's machinations!  Toni makes a hot tag to Willow and Willow is ON FIRE!  Emi is on such a roll lately.  Storm looked great being Ricky Morton and selling an ass beating, getting the match heated up and making the hot tag to be molten hot.  Willow and Hikaru Shida are good on the apron, being persive and getting the crowd behind Toni's struggle.   Willow Nightingale was GREAT as Robert Gibson- responding to the eruption of the crowd as she tags in.  Hikaru Shida is a GREAT different Ricky Morton, tagging after Willow's flurry of offense and gets cut off by Nyla.  Emi is so fun beating on her former student.  Shida makes her comeback and they stack up the Agents of Evil into the corner to allow Toni Storm to crush everyone with her butt!  Shida with a Falcon Arrow on Emi!  Shafir, Sakura and Rose are pretty great ass stomping heels. This was a fun six-man.  WOMEN'S SIX MAN TITLES!  

• Like 4

At the least tonight we're getting the debut of babyface Acclaimed vs Nesmeth/Avalon and Parker Bordeaux crushing our pal Serpentico. Plus more Slim J (and Diamante and Willow, but unfortunately not against each other).

Oh yeah, I saw Elevation. 

Always fun to see the NE job crew. LMK brought it against Julia. I missed saying this while I was away but I think Julia should work more like a 80s Moolah trainee heel with a lot of hair tosses and what not and that would make her stand out in her new character. Grey needed to take maybe 10% more of that match. I don't know if she really stood out enough to be a Baddie, but she was working hard. I loved all the chaos with the AFO and how they all interact with each other. Quen looked especially great with his dive. Ogogo's fireman's carry one hand slam is pretty nuts. QT's a jerk. Cole Karter sure smiles a lot. He wasn't working as a face or a heel. He joined the factory too. I would have put him with Ethan Page and have Page poke his cheek and get lots of heat. Athena really does come off as a star who is super into things. Six woman match was great. I missed Emi/Nyla teaming. This is the first time we got to see her do the tea spot in a tag. Crowd knew Willow well and was all for her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1