DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

Supposedly they haven't associated in a while. 

Being a part of his promotion for half a decade doesn't erase not associating recently but I don't mean to derail this thread. I just know if someone believed in wrestling, I don't believe in watching their matches.

Elevation looks really good:

Rose/Shafir interacting with Shalonce; Emi vs Toni; Shida vs Robyn Renegade; Dark Order vs Factory (best of 60); Baron Black vs Cutler (someone must win!); Takeshita vs Drake; plus more Angelico/Private Party and Statlander. 

• Like 3

Just found out that here in India, Dark and Elevation are shown on television, on the Eurosport channel. Pretty cool!

To pad out the hour for this past Elevation, at the end of the hour they tacked on Anna Jay vs Jade from an old Rampage and the Jericho/Ortiz hair vs hair match.

• Like 4

Oh my God!  This is going to be the best episode of Elevation yet.  SHALONCE ROYAL!  And Brandon Cutler vs Baron Black! AAND Takeshita vs JD Drake!

Six Man Tag Team Match
Tag Team Match
Marina Shafir & Nyla Rose vs. Angelica Risk & Shalonce Royal
Singles Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
Hikaru Shida vs. Robyn Renegade (w/Charlette Renegade)
Tag Team Match
Singles Match
Singles Match
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

AR Fox too? He’s like, the Darby Allin from before there was a Darby Allin.

Talk about a guy that did not get his. At least we will always have that Lucha Underground death match with Strickland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Infinit said:

Just found out that here in India, Dark and Elevation are shown on television, on the Eurosport channel. Pretty cool!

To pad out the hour for this past Elevation, at the end of the hour they tacked on Anna Jay vs Jade from an old Rampage and the Jericho/Ortiz hair vs hair match.

I recall that Jay-Jade match being unexpectedly good, like maybe the first good Jade match.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

WHO WILL TO LOOSE WILL TRIUMPH?

I'm REALLY hoping that Baron finally gets his first win. I believe he's got the longest losing streak of all the Daily's Place talent left.

Butcher/Blade/Angelico is now my new favorite six man tag team.

• Like 3

Tonight’s Elevation…

Robyn Renegade vs Shida

Uno and Ten vs Solo and Comoroto

Cutler vs Baron Black

Drake vs Takeshita

Shalonce Royal and Angelica Risk vs Shafir and Nyla

Private Party and Angelico vs AR Fox, Liam Grey, and Adrian Alanis

Stat vs Brittany

Toni Storm vs Emi Sakura!!!!

I am so into all of this. 

• Like 3

Sorry I'm late!  Late dinner, had to wash the dishes, take a shower, reader Schneider's Ringer article and eat a HEATH bar!  Hey!  It's AR Fox!  It's even MORE Caprice Coleman!  He actually wrestled on NWA USA this week.  Team AR Fox gets in some offense early!  Isiah Kassidy hits a good tope con hilo.  AR Fox sits on the apron and the crowd gets behind his CRAZY Robert Gibson moment!  TK, SIGN HIM!  Angelico makes with the Navarro Death Lock!  SHALONCE ROYAL!  She is awesome.  You really need Taz to announce a Shalonce match.  Shalonce sings early.  Angelica Risk is Darby Allined around the ring by Nyla.  Marina Shafir beats the fudge out of her in her unique MMA-looking way.  Shalonce makes the save after singing a warning.  Shalonce is awesome.  Shafir and Nyla do some double team moves.  Shalonce only gets in a save!  Toni Storm and Emi Sakura should be good.  Emi attacks early!  MONGOLIAN CHOPS!  HAIR BEEL!  HIEINIE SMACK!  Toni goes on offense and is cut off by Emi and they decide to beat the crap out of each other.  Emi is great being a she-DICK!  Emi with a CHESTSCRAPE!  Storm fucking CRUCHES Emi with a DDT on the floor! Storm is giving Emi everything in this match.  MORE BUTT SMACKING BY STORM!  SHE MISSES!  Emi hits her We Will Chop You Corner Dive!  Storm finally hits her FLYING HIP ATTACK!  A DDT!  A PARADIGM DDT!  That was fucking great.  That was Storm wanting to work stiff and Emi saying, "Yeah, sure.  We can work stiff."  Stat hits a SWEET Powerslam!  Kris Statlander IS Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer!  The Big Bang Theory is now called Night Fever!  That was quick.  Hey!  It's Robyn Renegade!  Will she notice the Toni Storm match and BRING the stiffness with Hikaru Shida?  Shida has Duluth written on her cheek.  Charlett CHEATS!  Charlett distracts Shida and Robyn clotheslines her on the floor!  Robyn remembers the Toni Storm match and LAYS IT IN AGAINST THE GUARDRAIL!  Shida ducks the last chop and beats the crap out of Robyn.  Robyn hits a Backstabber for TWO!  Shida and Robyn beat the fudge out of each other with Shida beating more of the fudge out Robyn.  Shida hits a Low Angle Brainbuster!  Renegade Twins channel the Batten Twins and do the switch!  Charlett forgets to put her hair up and the ref finally realizes!  Shida hits a Missile Dropkick and beats Robyn with a Falcon Arrow!  That was really good too.  The DARK push of the Renegade Twins continues!  Nick Comoroto on the TV screen!  QT MARSHALL CHEATS!  Evil Uno is our face in peril because Marshall is awesome as an evil FORCE on the outside.  They cut away from some ugliness and capture Comoroto hitting a hilariously bad elbow drop to nowhere.  Evil Uno with a DDT but Uno makes the save!  The Factory with a Decapitation for TWO!  As it looked like Comoroto made the save on the wrong team but then one realized that Preston Vance pushed him into it.  Marshall CHEATS AGAIN!   THE REF THROWS HIM OUT!  And thus, the Dark Order win with a Vance Discus Lariat.  That was a mess.  YES! BRANDON CUTLER!  Against Baron Black!  Cutler is a HEAT MACHINE!  talking crap about Baron Black!  The crowd gets waaay behind Baron Black.  Cutler is so fucking great.  Black with a Stuff Powerbomb!  FOR TWO!  Cutler with the cold spray!  And a Super Kick!  FOR TWO!. Black with the roll up for THE WIN!  Brandon Cutler is the best wrestler on DARK/ELEVATION.  MAIN EVENT!  CINNABON!  WORKHORSEMEN!  Konosuke Takeshita is OVER in Duluth!  JD Drake chucks Takesoup to the floor.  JD Drake is great on offense.  Takeshita hits a Jumping Lariat.  Takeshita misses a Jumping Knee and flies over the turnbuckle to the floor so Drake can hit his Forearm Bounce off the Ropes on the floor.  Takeshita is bumping like a COMPLETE PSYCHO to get Drake over.  SWEET NEAR EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX!  DRAKE WITH A DANGEROUS BACKDROP!  AND A CANNONBALL AND A MOOSAULT!  FOR TWO!  BLUE THUNDER BOMB! FOR TWO!  JUMPING KNEE FOR THE WIN!  Oh man,  getting three Konosuke Takeshita matches a week is a joy forever.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

Man it feels that every week either Dark or Elevation has a must watch and I just don't have the time!

Oh man, you should find the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whoa, when did Quen shave his head? He looks great. The old style was nice to get noticed but I'm glad he's moved on from it. Looked good in the ring too, especially that b beautiful springboard crossbody to a seated opponent. Private Party (and probably Angelico too) would be great additions to ROH. I feel like while they may not have the momentum they had a couple years ago after beating the Bucks, between the heel run and working under Hardy they've improved substantially. Way better at filling gaps between their spots, particularly Kassidy. 

Smart layout to delay Fox's entrance into the match and better still to give him a very nice hot tag. Are any of his trainees any good? I used to see a few of them back when I watched the indies and some of 'em seemed like they had potential. In a better world, AR Fox would be on TV doing zany shit with the likes of Darby every other week. Still only 34, so it's not out of the question, but damn.

Baliyan Akki sighting! He's no Lulu Pencil (please come back), but still cool to see him in AEW. I'm glad Toni gave Emi lots of time in control, because even though everybody knew what was up, Sakura is so charismatic and has so many interactive fun spots that the crowd came along for the ride. Even with all the miles and clearly slowing down (I remember big shoulder issues in Chocopro before her excursion), Sakura is probably the best bell-to-bell talent in the women's division (Deeb is overrated imo). Storm did well fighting from underneath and selling too. She's probably better in that role than the dominant ass kicker she's been assigned so far but overall she's a good addition and better than I remember her being.

Good to see Shida and Stat getting some reps in. Cutler is a great guy to have on the roster. Love that kind of stooging once in a while. Fun stuff with him and Black. Cutler's mannerisms are like that of a spoiled child or something. Expectant of his win, smug, self-assured. Loved that.

Fantastic main event. Takeshita is so great at working a modernized take on the old school American TV match. Probably better than he does the Japanese epics he and Endo do (I still gotta check out their match from earlier this year, tho I've seen enough from the past to have an idea). 

Fun episode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1