DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

That had to have been Rosa's best match with someone not named Baker right? So so good. Angelico's training camp with Navarro paying off too, some very hurty looking moves in his little squash too. Hope they build him to a level where he can have competitive long matches with the likes of BCC et al.

• Like 4

Miyu v. Rosa is one of my favorites of the year, hands down. Loved it. Told the exact story to get the rematch. I wish Rosa's run had been stronger before giving up so much in this match, but I also think it was presented in a way that made everyone look like a star. Miyu is correctly right in the mix at the top. I think AEW feeling more international in this way is good. 

I love Private Party but I think they maybe should scrap the gimmick. A great performance from them, but I think they need to find a new presentation.

GIVE BEAR BOULDER THE EARTHQUAKE RUN. Have him squash somebody's pet!

Was there a Sean Dean - Cody Rhodes match before he split? Is there heat between commentary and him? Maybe I just missed the joke, but it seemed like they were giving him a pretty hard time for somebody who was ostensibly the face. 

Give 2.0 fireworks. Theme song is pretty good but could be louder and dumber. THE FIVE STAR SYMBOL OF EXCELLENCE!

Willow deserves better music, also! It suits her but it's a little too generic MIDI for me. What a fisherman's suplex. Loved the finish of this. Such a clean Doctor Bomb. Sasha Banks - Willow Nightingale soon(?!)

Great entrance and intro for Raju. Great dunks on West Virginia. Fyter Fest is a terrible name, but calling your big non-PPV shows something the same every year is still the way to go. Very expressive facial work from Raju. 

I find Angelico…interesting. Logan Laroux looking like a young, off-brand American Dragon.

Dante Martin had better be ready for the worst lawsuit of all time whenever Taz gets around to it. QT Marshall conscious of the monetization! Good fast-build-story to the match! Nice neck wrench by Nick. Taz, don't spoil the outcome for the tag match tomorrow! Loved this one. 

Good selling of PAC’s story and why he should be taken seriously wherever he goes. Love Shota's expressions. I'm sold on him as the future. Another good fisherman's suplex! If anyone has a good social history of British wrestling crowds singing things vs. US crowds, I'd love to see it. Nice fake finish with the knocking PAC off the top. Despite the amount of titles, I like the gimmick of this one. It feels fresh and different and is a good way to spice up some of the smaller shows.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, elizium said:

I'm surprised that Edith hasn't made any Dark appearances yet, especially with Willow becoming a semi-regular.

Did Logan drop the DuPont name? I assumed he switched to it because Quack owned BLANK (much like the Still Life to Edith Surreal switch), but I noticed he's made a few recent appearances as BLANK.

The last time I asked him on twitter, he said he himself was confused about it. But a promotion booked him and billed him as BLANK, expecting Quack to put the kibosh on it, and nothing happened, so he just kept using it.

Also he and Edith haven't really done anything together for a good while now, so the association might be finished.

• Like 2

Taz's commentary lifted my spirits. I forget if it was the Willow match or the one before it but it was right around there.

Pretty sure both Skye and Fish wrestled last night so things good news for AEW from an injury standpoint.

• Like 4

The ref in the Thunder Rosa match was noticeably bad with his counts.

two matches in and I'm loving Willows "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry" Hulk transformation the back to smiley bubbly babyface after the win

also you had three consecutive cannonball sentons in three matches. I'd prefer they keep that for Bear Country (and call it Bearly Legal)

• Like 3

Awesome!  Bobby Fish is back!  He looks great.  The Factory guy got in a great looking forearm.  Marina Shafir and Nyla are accompanied by Vickie Guerrero!  Thus, Vickie is officially starting a stable!  Brittany and Skye Blue get an entrance!  As she enters the ring, I notice that Skye Blue needs to be a Baddie.  Caprice Coleman makes Mark Henry better.  Nyla kills Brittany early with a beautiful Lariat.  Nyla and Shafir are fucking great ass stompers.  Shafir looks fucking great busting up Skye Blue. Brittany should go to NWA and be a third for Pretty Empowered, as I dig her redneck vibe.   Amber Nova!  doesn't get an entrance.  Evil Julia Hart gets an extended entrance!  Amber Nova works on cars and WOW is starting up again this Fall so she should go to WOW and become the next in a long line of evil lady mechanics.  Evil Julia is so much more fun than crappy cheerleader Julia.  I love that they gave her the best submission in the Women's division.  Leon Ruffin isn't accompanied by Bear Country.  Ethan Page makes Ruffin look great.  Ethan Page is awesome.  Caprice Coleman is the best commentary guy in AEW.  Ruffin gets a NEARFALL!  Ethan Page is so awesome. RUFFIN GETS ANOTHER NEARFALL!  RUFFIN GETS IN A SLEEPER!  Ruffin is the new El Serpentico!  Leon Ruffin vs Fuego Del Sol already!  That was great.  The Hughes brothers?  Like the sons of Mr Hughes?  That would be awesome.  Oh!  The sons of DeVon Dudley!  That's almost as awesome.  Preston Vance looks good in this- as he fights for his AEW career!  Evil Uno always looks good- and he can wrestle heel even better then as a babyface.  Terrel Hughes is the Austin Gunn of the Hughes brothers!  What an JERK!  Vance makes a hot tag!  Discus Lariat for the win.  SIGN THE HUGHES BROTHERS!  Hell, make them part of the Gate of Agony.   NAVARRO DEATH ROLL!  Hey!  It's John Walters!  Where has he been the last twenty years?   Tony Nese is awesome.  Walters looks great for the one minute he is in there.  Nese is fucking great being a complete dick.  That could have gone a lot longer.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’m late but I finally caught up with last week. I found the Shota-PAC match to be plodding and boring. Even when they got to the heat at the end, just couldn’t care.

I did like Dante-Comoroto, but it wasn’t as good as Dante-Drake. Enjoyed the Willow match too.

Last thought, they really should have added some crowd noise, that studio audience was so dead it detracted from the action. 

Edited by JLowe

13 hours ago, JLowe said:

I’m late but I finally caught up with last week. I found the Shota-PAC match to be plodding and boring. Even when they got to the heat at the end, just couldn’t care.

I think it was better than it looked. I'd like to WILL into existence an AEW British production crew to properly light, film and produce PAC's international defenses. I'd also really love a specific UK commentary team for these videos. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3

God, with Alan Angels in Impact, Stu on release, and Anna Jay doing her own thing, Dark Order is down to like four guys now.  How long before the rest of them are gone?  Is that even possible with the legacy of Brodie King being a permanent fixture in the company?

I’m away from a keyboard this week but it was nice to see Fish and Skye back. Fish’s slam into the ropes was nuts. Page and Ruffin had one for the permanent tape. John Walters was the young lion of my local Indy in 2002 but was also sort of a Lance Storm tribute act then. Still hits a nostalgia beat for me.

I did write a ton of words about Dante vs Drake last week:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2022/07/aew-five-fingers-of-death-and-friends.html?m=1

• Like 7

I hate to be too critical of women at a time where we need more of them on TV, but I gotta say, that ladies' tag looked like it was in danger of falling apart a couple times. At one point Marina looked a little lost when she had Brittany down on the mat, and I felt really bad about it. Nyla and Skye were the stars of this one for sure.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I think it was better than it looked. I'd like to WILL into existence an AEW British production crew to properly light, film and produce PAC's international defenses. I'd also really love a specific UK commentary team for these videos. 

I'm going to disagree only because I thought it had a really unique look, almost like when they did the mini women's tournament in Japan a while back, or like an ECW Fancam or something. I'm into those kinda small venues and such.

2 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm going to disagree only because I thought it had a really unique look, almost like when they did the mini women's tournament in Japan a while back, or like an ECW Fancam or something. I'm into those kinda small venues and such.

Of course, to each their own, but my comment had nothing to do with venue size. I love small venues. My concerns are squarely on properly lighting and shooting these PAC matches. It's not even a complaint. I'd just like to see them put some of their resources into making these matches look as good as they are wrestled. 

• Like 1

It's Jora Johl!  He's no longer the only Indian in AEW.  He should bust out the Bollywood dance moves like SHANKY.  He looks good on offense.  Luke Sampson looks good too then he looks kinda shitty.  That was very Dark-like.  It's the eternally turned-on,  Lee Moriarty!  It's Ren Jones!  Jones is a fun desperate heel.  He is great throwing Moriarty's skull into the second turnbuckle.  Jones is more fun than Moriarty!  SIGN HIM, TK! Moriarty needs to be beaten into the Blackpool Combat Club already.  Fuego del Sol is now DARK!  I don't know if he is joining the House of Black.  Hey! It's Viva Van!  She's west coast if I'm not mistaken. THE DEEB DOJO!  WHO IS SHE DRAFTING? She and Hikaru Shida should have a DOJO WAR!  It would be a good excuse to bring in Mei Suruga.   Viva Van was pre-covid Championship Wrestling From Hollywood, I think.  Here, she gets mangled by fuckin Serena Deeb.  Deeb is OVER at Universal.  It's Marina Shafir!  She's been busy lately.  Amber Nova, the future WOW evil Mechanic #3!  Probably!  Amber Nova submits to the second best submission in the Women's Division after submitting to the best submission yesterday against Julia Hart.  Konosuke Takeshita slaps hands with a wee little fella.  It's Anthony Henry!  He's a Workhorseman!  Henry gets in a bunch of stuff.  Takeshita TRANSITIONS to offense with a Jumping Lariat and THEN hits a BEAUTIFUL Tope Con Hilo!  Nice Superplex, FOR TWO!  Henry gets in some stuff!  He is really good.  Takeshita hits a SWEET Blue Thunder Bomb. Henry does a Twisted Leg Dragon Screw type thing that I've never seen before.  This is DEEPLY a whole Worldwide Point.  This match is fucking great.  GREAT Lariat by Takeshita.  Henry applies a Double Wristlock into a Cross-Armbreaker into a Triangle that Takeshita counters into a Last Ride into a Jumping Knee!  So Konosuke Takeshita only has great matches.  It's the future former ROH Champion, Jonathan Gresham!  This was recorded before he revealed that he was EVIL!  Gresham looks great in this.  He tells a little story with Jordan Oasis.  Oasis is fun. Wheeler Yuta!  Yuta is the fieriest babyface in WRESTLING!  Yuta is OVER at Universal.  Bryce Donovan TRANSITIONS to offense with a Sidewalk Slam!  Donovan PROCURES THE CROSSFACE CHICKENWING!   Yuta hits a BEAUTIFUL German Suplex with a Bridge for the THREE!  Yuta channels Ricky Steamboat and then goes TOTALLY William Regal on the stick!  Danhausen WRESTLES!  Against Jake Something!  I remember they both went to Arby's with Ethan Page on his vlog.  Danhausen wrestles from underneath immediately.  Danhausen is filled with BABYFACE FIRE as he hits a zillion suplexes!  Something hits truly nice Tiger Driver.  Danhausen wins with an Inside Cradle!  That was unbelievably better than I thought it would be.  Though I know Jake Something is a  Wrestling Machine and I knew Danhausen was good in the ring, so I shouldn't  be surprised.  Charlett and Robin Renegade!  Valentino Rossi allows Excallibur and Taz to namedrop all the Full Blooded Italians.  Valentina does a Flying Fire Crotch Guillotine like Christy Hemme (who was a victim of the sexual predations of the repulsive Vince McMahon Jr).  This match isn't getting anyone signed though.  That wasn't very good.  Man, this is a lot of wrestling.  Mercedes Martinez kills J-Rod!  J-Rod looks good.  Martinez is giving this gal LOADS of offense.  Then it gets kind of awkward.  That was fine.  It's the HUGHES BROTHERS!  ALLRIGHT!  It's the Varsity Blonds!  Man, this episode isn't ending.  It's second generation versus second generation!  That was the thousandth match of the episode!  Oh cool!  The Main Event!  Fuego del Sol!  He's more focused!  QT Marshall is a HEAT MACHINE!  Fuego is shined up early!  Marshall cuts him off by hitting him in the chest!  Marshall beats a wad of HEAT on our babyface.  The crowd gets behind Fuego's STRUGGLE to escape the old school beat down from QT Marshall.  Marshall hits a toprope back elbow and opts to procure a a chinlock. and hits some stuff before missing a QUEBRADA!  Fuego goes on offense and the crowd kinda gets behind him.  I'm guessing the crowd is completely fried because the Konosuke Takeshita and Anthony Henry was ten matches ago.  Marshall bumps like a PSYCHO taking a rana to the floor and then taking a Poison Rana.  The Factory CHEATS!  Dante Martin and Matt Sydel comes out and takes out Aaron Solo and Comoroto!  Marshall lowblows Fuego and Piledrives him!  FOR TWO?  Fuego lowblows Marshall and hits a Tornado DDT to the floor and Fuego does a tope into another DDT.  SKYTWISTER PRESS!  Fuego del Sol IS Chapparita ASARI!  Two Diamond Cutters and Marshall finally get the pin!  That was a lot of stuff.  That was good.  THERE'S MORE?!?!?!  Jayzeus.  Jay Lethal versus his student, Logan Cruz!  Lethal beats the crap out of his student.  Cruz sells a mangled knee like a champ.  Great toprope Dragon Screw by Lethal.  Evil Jay Lethal is the best form of Jay Lethal.  Ah!  Alan Angels last AEW match!  Daniel Garcia will try not to cheat.  Okay, Garcia HAS to win the Pure Rules title because Garcia can really LEAN on his complete dickishness while works to his strengths in the parameters of the match.  Daniel Garcia is 1997 Koji Kanemoto.  Alan Angels is wrestling this match like he did against Speedball Mike Bailey in his IMPACT! debut.  NICE Dangerous Backdrop into a fucking Northern Lights Bomb.  Garcia is so fucking intense.  Angels hits a Piledriver for TWO!  Angels uses up his ropebreaks!  Garcia makes him pass out at the top of the turnbuckle.  Garcia is a TOTAl dick applying his GREAT Sharpshooter postmatch!  Wheeler runs him off with a tope!  That was a LOT of DARK.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3