DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

I loved in Takeshita vs Comoroto when the audience zeroed in on Nick looking like Duggan by doing a USA chant. They realized that it came off like they were rooting against Takeshita at the same time that Ex and Taz mentioned it, so they course corrected right into the Duggan Ho chant. Wonderful silliness. 

• Like 4

Holy fuck, they booked the entire upper card from CWFH for that six-man.  Poor Jordan Clearwater is still too green for big time YouTube.

Takeshita vs. Comoroto was a Dark main event.  I'd have saved that match for next Monday.

If I could come out of pocket to pay for Taylor Rust's salary myself, I would.

AEW needs to get this RoH thing off of the ground so that they have another stage to showcase these talents.  AEW has the roster for like five indie federations.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

When that one lad showed up, I was all "Taylor Rust? Isn't there a Tyler Rust in NXT? ....Wait, is that him? It is him!".

Turn out he used to be Rust Taylor on the indies, became Tyler Rust in NXT, and is now Taylor Rust outside of it.

24 minutes ago, AxB said:

When that one lad showed up, I was all "Taylor Rust? Isn't there a Tyler Rust in NXT? ....Wait, is that him? It is him!".

Turn out he used to be Rust Taylor on the indies, became Tyler Rust in NXT, and is now Taylor Rust outside of it.

He'll never get hired to the main show because JR's head would explode.

IT'S BAD ENOUGH YALL CHANGED DANIEL BRYAN'S NAME NOW WE GOT A GUY WHO HAD THREE NAMES?

• Haha 1

• I wonder if Ogogo is working with Regal. He started the match with a cobra hold into a cravat into a side headlock. That fireman's carry flip about slam's pretty nasty. I liked his reaction to getting punched too.
  • Obviously Takeshita vs Comoroto was really good. I didn't notice the crowd at all in Rampage but they were very engaged here. Comoroto playing along to it and allowing Takeshita to comeback was nice wrestling on the fly because there was no way to predict Hacksaw Jim Duggan chants. Comoroto skinning the cat was super impressive.
  • Rust vs Sydal was good too. It's been a sneakily good couple of months for Sydal. Lots of little spots and counters and exchanges that were hit basically perfectly. Rust was able to do some tricked out stuff without making it look contrived.
  • Kaz vs Page worked. There was an underlying issue, the local crowd, all the extra stuff on the outside. Page is just straight up solid: better technique than you'd expect because he doesn't lean on it so much as he uses it to get from point A to B when needed, the crowd interaction, always being into the match and reacting, more size and power than you'd think (as Taz/Excalibur noted). In 1986, he'd be a "ring general" sort of heel, and while it's debatable how well those guys have aged going back to their footage, there's still something to it. If 2.0 would be the Rock'n'Roll RPMs, Page is a guy who would have been top heel in a promotion and would come to WWF and be the second or third guy in Jimmy Hart's stable.
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:52 AM, DEAN said:

Yeah, they need to keep Deeb and Martinez together.

Just flat-out evil. Might be the best tag finish in years.

On 6/13/2022 at 7:27 PM, Matt D said:

No, the good Page.

Awww. I love Ethan a lot, but that's mean. ? 

• Like 1

I've mentioned before that I don't have a consistent way to watch Dynamite or Rampage so I follow through the YouTube highlights and Dark/Dark Elevation. The YouTube shows do really good numbers for that service so sometimes I wish they'd sprinkle in a little more starpower. That said I love getting matches like Takeshita/Commorotto and the women's tags. Even the shorter squashes generally feature entertaining indy peeps. Count me in on hoping RoH takes off soon to relieve AEW of some talent while also giving some more shine to whoever ends up there. And hopefully they have a YouTube show too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

I have yet see Tootie Lynn but with that name I hope she's working a mildred burke throwback gimmick

Tootie Lynn is all shootstyle when she isn't being squashed on Elevation.

• Thanks 1

So sometimes I watch the old TNA PPVS they show on AXS. Last week they showed the Joe/Daniels/AJ rematch, which had a really good Bobby Lashley v. Scott Steiner match. A real BMMSM special if you will plus some top notch brawling. And the video package showed Scott harassing Bobby's wife Krystal well trying to gas light Bobby that his wife was trying to cheat. The Psycho Big Poppa Pump we all know and love. Made me think of how good his TNA run was compared to his WWE run. HHH likes to think of himself as this Flair/Race superworker, but how little did he get out of BPP?

And I thought of this watching Dark. Everrise was a jobber tag team on WWE developmental  show yet they jump to the other channel and they are an incredibly entertaining act, working with big stars in a major program. And managing to really elevate a young lion in Danny Garcia. An amazing miss on a talent on WWE's part

• Like 3

Serena Deeb and Mercedes Martinez are the neatest, bitchiest tagteam to come along in a while.  Heather Reckless is teeny!  Deeb and Tootie Lynn take it to the mat!  Heather Reckless gets in some things before Martinez crushes her like a teeny bug.  Martinez is awesome crushing Reckless in the corner.   The Submissions Of Crankiness finisher is fabulous.  Frankie Kazarian takes on Andrade Flair!    They do a Cornette-level lock up.  Andrade bumps BIG on fucking Elevation.  Jose the Assistant still has his shirt on, so we are all disappointed.  Andrade is so fucking good.  He is like PENTA in that he will always tell a story.  The story is that Kaz is old and tough and has ways to counter his finishers.  Uh, Excalibur, that's called the Japanese OCEAN Cyclone Suplex.  Kaz runs out of counters and Andrade shows that his level of excellence is really high as this match was really good.  Cold off the floor and good.  Man, Nyla is laying it in with Max the Impaler.  Marina Shafir is our FACE (?) in Peril.  JESUS!  Heidi Howitzer beats the hell out of Shafir before Shafir PROCURES the submission.  Nayla Rose and Max the Impaler seem to love killing each other.  I could get behind THAT extended hoss battle.  This is some fun professional wrestling.  Swerve and Keith Lee are another tag team that aren't getting along! Fitchett and Vega do tag team things!  They have matching belts!  BEEL VARIATION by Keith Lee!  Keith Lee is all dynamic crushing Vega or Fitchett with a gigantic Tiger Driver.  Rebel is not long for the match against Anna Jay.  Tony Nese is with the Nouvelle Bobby Heenan, Mark Sterling.  Will Sterling take a ridiculous bump?  Here's hoping!  Warhorse is over in St Louis!  Nese is the eternal heel!  Warhorse is our babyface and the crowd is behind his comeback!  SWEET Toprope Missile Dropkick!  Nese cuts him off after making Warhorse look like a million bucks and beats him with the Ohtani corner kick.  This is the night of guys who make other guys look good- as almost every match has been competitive enhancement matches.  Miranda Gordy is a Freebabe!  She channels her father and kicks Ruby Soho out of the ring.  Oh man,  her offense is totally Bam Bam Gordy!  Soho wants to mix it up and hits a Backdrop Driver on the daughter of Terry Gordy- which is cool.  Soho hits a Bladerunner for the win.  I'm guessing the Factory cheats to win, since Matt Sydell ALONE is slightly above QT Marshall, but with the Factory is present, but IT IS St Louis and it is Sydell's home town.  Who could be sure?   Sydell is SHOWBOATING for the home crowd!  Marshall is so good as a chickenshit, conniving heel.  QT is a HEAT MACHINE~! and Sydell has to contend with the rest of the FACTORY UNTIL THE REF SEES IT AND SENDS THEM OUT!  The crowd explodes like a building full of rubes!  Sydell gets some nearfalls!  Marshall gets in control and goes for the BRAINBUSTER but Sydell counters it with a roll-up for the win.  I assume if this wasn;t in St Louis, the Factory procures the win for QT.  AEW FUCKING RULES!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That kicked ass, it was like watching the ladies' chapter of BCC. And Tootie was over! Nice chant for her. I really, really liked the Serena/Nyla team from last week but this is a pretty dope pairing in its own right.

Also: that Kaz/Andrade match slayed, that should have been on TV. I'll be pimping that one 15 years from now in an "AEW C-Show Memories" thread.

• Like 3