DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

13 hours ago, Jiji said:

For a second I thought we were getting Danny Garcia vs. Angelico in a pure match but alas... Now I want to see Garcia vs. Angelico in a pure match. Angelico in that setting would be neat.

Isn't Dwayne The Rock Johnson's ex-Wife (and manager) called Dany Garcia?

Edited by AxB

So I don't think this, in and of itself, will convince anyone to buy a ticket that wasn't already going to buy at ticket, but I love the idea in general. They don't talk about a program. They don't talk about a match. They just mention themselves and that they'll be there. Local promos for the sake of local promos are a lot of fun.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 6

It's Nyla Rose versus her mirror image, Max the Impaler!  Max should have debuted in an Abadon-style match.  Maybe a re-debut is in the works down the line.  Either way, that was squashy!  Where have I seen Camaro Jackson?  I know I've seen him recently.  Since they are in with enhancement talent, Isaiah Kassidy will not scream like a little girl, but Marq Quin OPTS to fly very high to the floor!  Private Party hits the Shooting Star Neckbreaker!  It's Tootie Lynn!  I watched her have a submission based match with Deonna Purrazzo yesterday on the IMPACT! YouTube channel!  Miranda Gordy is getting a push in MLW- as much as anyone is getting a push in MLW.  Deeb and Martinez are your veteran angry tagteam that we have been waiting for our entire lives.  I love that Deeb is getting over as the female Arn Anderson.  Deeb is your redneck aunt who smokes Virginia Slims and talks to you about your lovelife.  Oh man, these gals need to tag together forever.  They are the new Glamour Girls.  Awesome.  Hey!  Danny Adams is Dan the Dad!  Daddy Magic stomps on Dan the Dad's glasses like Wahoo McDaniel stomped on Boris Malenko's false teeth!  Warhorse gets in a bunch of offense but they don't mention that he wrestled Cody for the TNT title once. I think it was for the TNT title.  I remember Cornette getting all bent out of shape over Warhorse being on TV.  It's Heidi Howitzer!  It's the former Heidi Lovelace!  Ruby Soho and Howitzer have matching hair!  Soho opts to tell a story!  Awesome!  Heidi Howitzer is very strong and counters Soho's offense.  Soho lays it in because Toni Storm is on the roster now!  It gets over big with the KC rubes!  See,  Ruby Soho had to establish Howitzer as a threat to make her ass stomping section have some teeth.  That was good story telling.  Evil Uno and Preston Vance take on the secretly pushed Factory!   QT Marshall is completely awesome.  He is all about heel psychology and making the face look good.  Evil Uno is a natural heel but here he is our face in peril.  QT Marshall and Aaron Solo  don't do the thing where they pull Vance off the apron, so this isn't the Best Possible Southern Tag.  Evil Uno hits a SWANTON!  SUB HIM FOR JEFF HARDY WEDNESDAY!  Great nearfall after Marshall hits a Diamond Cutter.  Vance does variation of the Second Rope Spear that he stole from Bhupinder Gujjar.   The last two matches were actual matches.  The Deeb/Martinez match looks like they could launch something pretty great with them.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Honestly, I think where they're going with Martinez/Deeb is a set up for the ROH PPV in July, but it's going to be an awesome ride til we get there. If you tell me at the end of the week that their squash was the best thing on AEW TV this week, I'll probably believe you (though Page vs Miro looks real fun on paper).

• Like 3

God damn, man. You typed Page vs. Miro and my brain instantly conjured up Hangman and I almost exploded. Whenever we finally get that match it should be a big deal, for a belt, and on PPV. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Jiji said:

God damn, man. You typed Page vs. Miro and my brain instantly conjured up Hangman and I almost exploded. Whenever we finally get that match it should be a big deal, for a belt, and on PPV. 

No, the good Page.

Catching up more, that was an awesome enhancement match for Ruby. Howitzer used her size and had her scouted so she had to go all out.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
31 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

So, uh, how's that not a double-pin?

Because there's no weight forcing Storm's shoulders down, like if she had a bridge fail on a German suplex.

42 minutes ago, colonial said:

Max the Impaler is the Scut Farkus to Abadon's Grover Dill. These two and Heidi Howitzer need to be in a stable, stat.

I'm pretty sure Abadon & Heidi had a pretty decently long feud in 2019ish across multiple indies. So there is definitely history there.

And speaking of women with cool grimdark gimmicks/looks - I'd love to see the Insidious One/Sid Mars get a few Dark matches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stefanie the Human said:

Because there's no weight forcing Storm's shoulders down, like if she had a bridge fail on a German suplex.

You could argue Toni pulling her opponent's left leg back is forcing Toni's shoulders down.  But even leaving that out, I'm pretty sure I've seen other double pins (or attempts) where all it took was being in contact with each other.  Or regular pins where all it took was touching your opponent anywhere on their body for the ref to initiate the count.

(I realize I'm being pedantic here, but also make sure your own shoulders aren't on the mat when a pin is being counted just to be safe!)

Edited by Spaceman Spiff
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, colonial said:

Max the Impaler is the Scut Farkus to Abadon's Grover Dill. These two and Heidi Howitzer need to be in a stable, stat.

Max and Heidi are 2/3 of the Wasteland War Party:

Wasteland_War_Party.png

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

TK, get Tina Turner to manage Heidi and Max in your tag tournament. 

We don't need another heeeeeroooooo!

• Like 3

I didn't know how badly I needed a Deeb/Martinez team and I know it's been done to death regarding reluctant partners.  But I'm hoping after their ROH women's title match it leads to a bit of "You know, you ain't half bad." and they keep that possibility open.  They would be tremendous together.

This was also my first time seeing Max the Impaler and Heidi.  I could tell by the x on their head that they're part of a team and I would love to see them go against Nyla and Emi.  Very neat gimmicks and two people worth keeping track of.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 3

Sorry I'm late.  Stupid teenager and stupid praise band rehearsal.  QT Marshall and Alan Angels are about on the same tier.  Aaron Solo is run off by Preston Vance and Alex Reynolds!  WHO WILL WIN?  A Poison Rana and Frogsplash!  FOR TWO!  QT Marshall IS Goldberg.  Marshall's Diamond Cutter is PROTECTED!  Bobby Fish is much higher on the hierarchy then Brock Anderson.  He's 13-10!  Brock is winning somewhere that I don't actually see!  Brock is good punching bag and Bobby Fish will punch and kick him.  Fish hits a nice Snap Suplex.  SWEET Spinebuster on Fish!  For TWO!  Bobby Fish IS Goldberg.  Nice DDT by Brock.  Ahh, it makes me remember Arn Anderson.  Fish keeps the Heel Hook on after Brock taps and Darby Allin makes the save!  He gives a child a dangerous skateboard!  It is the All-Stars from Championship Wrestling From Hollywood!  Ray Rosas broke up PP RAY so I hope he gets whupped by Daniel Garcia!  YES! STOMP HIM, GARCIA! STOMP HIM LIKE A DOG! STOMP HIM FOR PRETTY PETER AVALON!  Man, they more than make up for Rosas turning on Pretty Peter.  JEEZ!  Man, Nyla Rose has wrestled 97 times in AEW!  Ruby Soho is really laying it in these days.  Toni Storm yadda yadda.  Emi Sakura looks great in this match.  Anna Jay is good as out face in peril.  Nyla and Emi are fun beating on Anna on the outside!  CHEATING!  This is BEYOND a classic Southern Tag- as Diamante pulls Stat off the apron AND the ref misses the legal tag, and this the first time I'm ever seen that combined into one thing!  BRAVO, EVIL WOMEN, BRAVO!  Ruby Soho makes the hot tag and looks good beating on Nyla!  Stat and her Big Head tags in and Nyla over powers her but they do a lot of stuff and Stat crushes Diamante like a bug!  That match was awesome.  Konosuke Takeshita!  Nick Comoroto!  FIGHT FOREVER!  THIS IS AWESOME!  Ontario loves Konosuke!  COMOROTO SKINS THE CAT!  Comoroto uses his power advantage! And he is avoiding Takesoup's big moves!  Comoroto is a HEAT MACHINE~!  Takesoup and Nick trade big blows! SWEET LARIAT by Takesoup!  TOPE CON HILO!  FROG SPLASH FOR TWO!  Nice German Suplex.  Nice counter by Nick to the Jumping Knee!  THEN A JUMPING KNEE!  That was the best Nick Comoroto match ever!  Konosuke Takeshita is so fucking awesome.  Matt Sydel!  Taylor Rust is all nifty.  Sydel is a wiley veteran!  Rust with the European Clutch!  Taylor Rust does a move I've never seen before.  Maybe they should hold onto this Rust dude.  Sydel wins with a lesser finisher.  Tay Conti's dad is wrestling Frankie Kazarian, the Defender of IMPACT!  Kaz has Cody level pyro!  Oh right, I forgot about the mixed tag match from DoN.   Page channels House Show Larry Zbysko and walks out!  KAz drag him back into the ring!  Ethan Page then goes on offense and channels Ted DiBiase.  Great Delayed Vertical Suplex by Page!  Kaz with a Swinging Neckbreaker!  A wad of offense and Page is STRUGGLING!  NICE Shoulder Block by Page!  Ethan Page uses Dan Lambert to roll up Kaz!  KAZ GET HIS HEAT BACK!  ETHAN PAGE THEN GETS HIS HEAT BACK!  GREAT EPISODE. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Made it halfway through; the rest tomorrow.

• On the one hand, these Factory vs Dark Order matches are always good. On the other, I started my day with Evil Uno/10 vs QT/Solo and I don't even remember who won that match, so....
  • I like Fish. I think I like watching Fish more than I like watching O'Reilly though I imagine O'Reilly is probably better in a conventional sense. I liked his swagger here and his strikes in the corner and his fakeouts and that great finish. Anderson losing his posture after not winning with the spinebuster was very good.
  • Very weird to have Kizarny there and not even mention him. Parker and Menard feel like a great Southern Rockers/Rock'n'Roll RPMs sort of team. They'd be able to be the top tag team in a really small 1987 territory and could occasionally rise to the levels of Memphis or Puerto Rico but they'd never get a look in the big leagues. I'm glad for their success here. Garcia wrestled the whole match with the hat. That chop in the corner was so nuts that he knew he had to deny the fans the second one so he laid in a kick.
  • The crowd for the women's trios match was the best crowd for an AEW women's match I think I've ever heard. You can see the people in the hard cam reacting too so it's not like they had to sweeten it? If this was 2000, we'd be making a comp tape of all of the Nyla/Emi tags. I agree that Ruby's been looking really good in her striking lately, especially that headbutt. My favorite thing in this wasn't the really smooth southern tag moment that DEAN mentioned but the set up where Anna Jay hit a flatliner because Emi took the time to LAUGH EVILLY.
Edited by Matt D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

The crowd for the women's trios match was the best crowd for an AEW women's match I think I've ever heard. You can see the people in the hard cam reacting too so it's not like they had to sweeten it? If this was 2000, we'd be making a comp tape of all of the Nyla/Emi tags.

That was the best women's trio match in AEW and the best Southern Tag match in AEW.

• Like 2