DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

14 hours ago, DEAN said:

Caprice Coleman is such a good addition to any broadcast team he joins.  Mazzeratti is telling a little story- "I am tiny and fiesty!  I will outsmart the champion!"  PUT THE FUCKING BELT ON HER!  I love her little things she does to get back on offense.  Mercedes Martinez FINALLY kills Mazzeratti after Mazzeratti finally runs out of sneaky ways to stay on offense.   That was good.

Caprice is knocking it out of the park every time out. Completely with you on Mazzeratti. Add some better/stronger offense and she's got something to offer up the card. 

• Like 3

Very good couple of matches on Elevation last night.

re: Mercedes. I saw her twenty years ago this month against Sumie Sakai on this card:

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=76272&page=2

But I really haven't seen her a ton in the years following. One thing I'm noticing in her matches is that she is great at being in the moment. Little facial expressions while locking on a hold or anticipating a move from her opponent or sizing up to hit one of her own. She feels like one of the best people in the company in that level of expressiveness, but I'm wondering if it's just a me thing.

People watching her tonight against Viva Van be on the lookout for that for me.

• Like 2

Hey!  Caprice Coleman is calling another match!  Martinez Mercedes looks good crushing Viva Van.  I watched Viva Van do a run in on Championship Wrestling From Hollywood earlier today!  That also had the break up of PPRAY!  It's the Butcher and the Blade who have been cast adrift since Rush and Andrade have reformed Los Ingobernables.  Oh, Caprice is hanging out!  Good.  Butcher has a GREAT vest.  WRESTLE IN IT, BIG MAN!  TK should sign Hunter Grey and Paul Titan to ROH and make WAR MACHINE 2.0.  I like their style- which I would call Total Bonehead.  They succumb to the BNB Dudley Death Drop!  Carlie Bravo has a good match with Sonny Kiss.  Anthony Ogogo isn't anywhere as good as Sonny Kiss, but let's watch, shall we?  Ah they trained together. Nice Ric Flair knee drop by Bravo.  He is on a roll.  Two good matches in a row on Dark.I think that was the best Ogogo match that I've seen, 100% because of Carlie Bravo.  Jamie Hayter crushes some gal.  Jamie Hayter IS the Nasty Boys!   Serpentico and Pretty Peter Avalon are the greatest tagteam in the history of low level wrestling shows.  Jon Silver is back to do crazy shit in a six man match!  Ryan Nemeth is the secret Super Worker of AEW.  Peter Avalon is an all star in this match because he does the little things to get his team on offense.  That match was strange because Jon Silver just kinda showed up for the finisher.  QUALITY WRESTLING! AEW RULES THE WORLD!

• Like 5

• Mercedes had a good week and a great finishing sequence here. I love how deep she leans in on her submission.
  • @Gordlowsignal lit. I think he should take seven minutes and watch the Butcher/Blade vs Hunter Grey/Paul Titan match so he can scout Grey and Titan, two guys who just might be on to something.
  • Personally, I think Ogogo is really coming along lately and he's going to surprise people when he makes it back to Rampage/Dynamite.
  • Hayter outshines Martinez on the quick but brutal squash meter for the night and now I want to see the two of them wrestling each other again but this time for the ROH belt. What I really want is Hayter to team with Hirsch but injuries prevent that.
  • I had gotten worried when the trios main event wasn't on Elevation last night because it was taped on Wednesday and not Friday but here it is. Taz not getting Uno's suplex act and then blaming chairshots was some dark humor. Uno was incredibly over but it was the first match of the night (and the first night of the 3 shows so...), but he's a guy who can play to a hot crowd. There's no one on the roster I enjoy seeing more than Serpentico and he was a great associate Wingman.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, Matt D said:
  •  
  • @Gordlowsignal lit. I think he should take seven minutes and watch the Butcher/Blade vs Hunter Grey/Paul Titan match so he can scout Grey and Titan, two guys who just might be on to something.
  •  

Oh hell yeah! Thank you very much for the heads up. I might very well have missed that otherwise. 

Hunter and Titan obviously need more experience and seasoning in the ring, but a 2020s version of a hypothetical Barbarian & Berzerker team-up is definitely something I am delighted to see. They seem fully committed to the gimmick, too, which feels like the correct choice. They are tall and muscular enough to pull it off, but built more like UFC heavyweights without the insanely roided and pumped and massive shoulders and arms that guys working  a similar gimmick would have needed in the 1980s or early 90s.

Hunter Grey and Paul Titan vs Bear Country is immediately on my list of YouTube dream matches. Wouldn't mind seeing them in the same ring with Toa Liona, either. It might make sense for them to show up in Tully's stable in ROH.

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 5

Caprice Coleman is filling the desperately needed Mike Tenay role on the YouTube shows and I love it. Big Paul was actually doing a better job of calling the matches and not getting too sidetracked by banter with Henry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I hope Tony has big plans for Caprice. He’s been terrific. 

Can you imagine if we had Caprice's enthusiasm (... enthusiasms...) instead of JR trying to get himself over and being an old crank on a regular basis? Ross still can drop a great line here and there and it's fun listening to Deadlock guys play his stuff up but holy shit he detracted from DoN big time.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Jiji said:

Can you imagine if we had Caprice's enthusiasm (... enthusiasms...) instead of JR trying to get himself over and being an old crank on a regular basis? Ross still can drop a great line here and there and it's fun listening to Deadlock guys play his stuff up but holy shit he detracted from DoN big time.

I'd love to see Caprice or Ian replace JR. Maybe have JR occasionally come out to call a big PPV match, but otherwise it's past time to put him out to pasture. Surely there's some production or agent job he can do backstage.

37 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

I'd love to see Caprice or Ian replace JR. Maybe have JR occasionally come out to call a big PPV match, but otherwise it's past time to put him out to pasture. Surely there's some production or agent job he can do backstage.

He signed a 1.5 year extension last month, so would seem like it's not in the cards soon and Caprice and Riccaboni will be ROH's team when (if?) they get a tv or streaming deal. Pretty sure I remember reading that JR is in an all or nothing mentality at this stage and isn't interested in anything but commentating full time. I feel like after this deal is up, he signs with WWE for a honeymoon kind of deal where they have him call a last match at Mania or something. 

Both he and Jericho strike me as people who would want to finish their careers with WWE, the place that defined them. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Tough luck for us all, JR just signed a new deal. Is Jim Ross' 'sustained push' AEW's version of WWE's Reigns or babyface Cena down the throat push/shove? Maybe not, the crowd's big applause at the live events for Jim's entrance is still fairly hot. Tho, could be more because it's an indication the big show is starting. That's probably part of the execuse (see metrics) that TK uses to justify his presence. Jim got a lot of goodwill coming out of his cancer treatment battles, but preserving that while continously stepping/stomping all over the matches won't last. The longer PPVs, if not the regular TV, always exposes how out of touch and delusional he's become. Tho, 4 hours plus consistently makes me want to eliminate Schiavone too. As good as the wrestling is in AEW, presentation and production elements are not something TK has proven to be terribly discerning about. Hence the inanity of JR and Tony over 4 hours on a PPV-also, 'total bonehead style'. Please AEW, at the very least split the PPV broadcast into two teams. Clearly to anybody listening, JR and Tony get tired and fucking stupid (see worse) as the show goes on. Note, I love Schiavone as the interviewer. Caprice Coleman is a perfect fit, but he's earmarked for the new ROH. Maybe if anybody there is listening and are seeing what his enthusiasm brings they'll mercifully try out some new talent. In a right and just world, 'Tom Hannifan is All Elite' when the time arrives.

1 hour ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Tough luck for us all, JR just signed a new deal. Is Jim Ross' 'sustained push' AEW's version of WWE's Reigns or babyface Cena down the throat push/shove? Maybe not, the crowd's big applause at the live events for Jim's entrance is still fairly hot. Tho, could be more because it's an indication the big show is starting. That's probably part of the execuse (see metrics) that TK uses to justify his presence. Jim got a lot of goodwill coming out of his cancer treatment battles, but preserving that while continously stepping/stomping all over the matches won't last. The longer PPVs, if not the regular TV, always exposes how out of touch and delusional he's become. Tho, 4 hours plus consistently makes me want to eliminate Schiavone too. As good as the wrestling is in AEW, presentation and production elements are not something TK has proven to be terribly discerning about. Hence the inanity of JR and Tony over 4 hours on a PPV-also, 'total bonehead style'. Please AEW, at the very least split the PPV broadcast into two teams. Clearly to anybody listening, JR and Tony get tired and fucking stupid (see worse) as the show goes on. Note, I love Schiavone as the interviewer. Caprice Coleman is a perfect fit, but he's earmarked for the new ROH. Maybe if anybody there is listening and are seeing what his enthusiasm brings they'll mercifully try out some new talent. In a right and just world, 'Tom Hannifan is All Elite' when the time arrives.

One of the hallmarks of a great announcer is the ability to keep up your focus, enthusiasm and concentration. It can be a challenge for long shows and marathon studio announcing sessions. 

• Like 3

Oh man! On Elevation Monday. 

Tag Team Match

Miyu Yamashita & Skye Blue vs. Nyla Rose & Serena Deeb

Lemme keep this straight.  Maki Ito is back in Japan.  Yuka Sakazaki is back in japan.  Miyu Yamashita is hanging around until July?

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 9:34 AM, Matt D said:

Shafir vs Skye next week and Takeshita vs Comoroto~! the week after.

How could any of that NOT be awesome?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Why don't they integrate the Brandon Cam during the actual broadcast.  It's so great in capturing the action.

• Like 3