DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

I am digging no bullshit Kris Statlander killing her way to another title shot.  I hated the original delivery for the Big Bang Theory.  It looks so much better as a Tombstone Gotch Piledriver.

The continuing auditions of Lee Moriarty for a spot in the Blackpool Combat Club continue to be entertaining.  Technically sound Alan Angels was the perfect opponent. 

I fully support the signing of the Renegade Twins and the booking of the angle where they betray Thunder Rosa.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Leonidas said:

Kiss/Bravo was motn for me though. Never seen Bravo before, but he certainly made the most of his opportunity. Love Kiss' new gear. Seemed to be a bit more stiff and hurty than usual too, sign me up for heel Sonny.

The first time I saw that there was a possibilty of Sonny Kiss, ass stomper, was this match with Darius Carter.  They should definitely empahsize Sonny beating folks asses.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DEAN said:

Cool interview with Powerhouse Hobbs but the MAIN thing is that he said his favorite non-AEW match was against fuckin JEFF COBB.  JUNE 26th!  MAKE IT HAPPEN, TK!

Is it wrong I kinda want Hobbs to bring the PB&J gimmick to AEW?

• Like 1

OH MY GOD!  Konosuke Takeshita vs Ryan Nemeth on Elevation Monday!  The dream match I didn't know I wanted.  And Mazzerati takes on Mercedes Martinez, as they continue to have people who were in the ROH Women's tournament take on the champion.  I assume Max the Impaler will be up soon.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AxB said:

Respect for Jade saying “I don’t trust myself with that” on the knee drop. Freak injuries happen, but I imagine more injuries happen when people try and do stuff they’re not capable of or don’t have mastery of.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

There's a special Dark up waiting for everyone if you didn't realize.

I'm halfway through and will have to catch the rest tomorrow. Emi trios match was a blast. I should really do a C+A of Emi on AEW Youtube someday. All time great catch by Cutler on a Darby dive too.

• Like 3

Darby Allin doesn't let Brandon Cutler be Brandon Cutler.  Sad, really.  Cutler is great being creepy as all get out behind Bobby Fish on the ramp.  It's Sandra Moone!  She is beloved in the SoCal indies, I read.  Anna Jay is smoked by Sandra Moone,  who wasn;t really trying to do anything,  Anna Jay is good in death matches.  THE BADDIES COMBAT CLUB!  YES!  It's the House of Black!  They are TO MEGA THERION!  Matt Brannigan has better hair than Pretty Peter Avalon.  SIGN HIM, TK!  I love the House of Black.  They always give to much to make it an interesting match.  They tell a little story.  So Buddy Matthews is the best member of HoB?  Maybe Brodie King.  Yeah, Brodie King.  JESUS,  GONZO BOMB says Brodie King is the best in HoB.  Actually, Buddy Matthews has  gnarley finisher too.  House of Black is so fucking awesome.  It's good having Riho back.  It's Yuka Sakazaki!  It;s SKYE BLUE!  STAY AWAY FROM THE GREAT O'KHAN!  Vicky Guerrero is awesome.  Diamonte is someone who should be a KnockOut but instead hangs around the periphery of AEW.  I could see her feuding with Tasha Steelz.  Nyla is VADER once again.  Nice TRIANGLE OF EVIL SPOT!  Our babyfaces do three synchronized planchas!  This match is a HOOT!  Riho with a Meteora for the win!  Skye Blue should tour Japan in Tokyo Joshi Pro, since they just sent a thousand gals over here.  Awesome!  Penta will tell a story with the Factory!  The Factory is on a hot streak, what with them showing up in New Japan Strong and fueding with the LA Dojo on DARK- which was waaaaay too fun.  Rey Fenix is assuming his role as King of the Highfliers in AEW.  Aaron Solo and PAC are good together because PAC can cover for him when he fucks up.  PENTA tells a little story with QT Marshall then they kick Nick Comoroto in the head a bit and then they TRANSITION to the SPECTACULAR part of the match as the hit a Triple Tope Con Hilo!  Nock Comoroto crushes Rey Fenix like a bug to TRANSITION the match to the Rey Fenix Is The Face In Peril section.  QT is a HEAT MACHINE!   Nice Rolling Standing Rana by Rey Fenix!  REy makes the HOT TAG!  PAC is so good.  Is he the best member of Death Triangle? Rey Fenix is right there.  QT hits a FUCKING BEAUTIFUL LYGER BOMB on PAC!  I love this match!  Aaron Solo realizes his DESTINY and is brutalized by the Brutalizor~!   I love how much PAC sold for the Factory.  The Factory are NOW at a higher level of Wad Of Enhancement!  Marq Quen is his own uncle!  Johnny Elite ACCEPTS ISIAH KASSIDY'S CHALLENGE!  Marq Quin is like the Japanese indie guy who wrestles as an old man.  Isiah Kassidy gives Elite the business!  CHEATING!  Elite does some things as we wait for Quin to TRANSITION the match to SPECTACULAR!  Elite CRUSHES PAUL TURNER AND THE CROWD POPS LIKE MONKEYS!  ISIAH AND MARQ MAKE WITH THE LOWBLOW AND THE MODIFIED DUDLEY DEATH DROP!  Elite kicks out at two!  Johnny Elite is Lance Von Hardy.  They should definitely bring him in as the cousin from the West Coast.  There is very odd dancing by some dude.  That was a great episode.  I love that they threw the kitchen sink at main event.  Death Triangle/the Factory was the best match.  Team Emi vs Team Riho was second best and HoB fucking destroying dudes was the third.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Peck said:

What in the actual FUCK was that ending to Dark?  lol

So after the ref bump which was probably botched enough that they couldn't show it to us without Dunn-style camera trickery, Quen hit an immediate low blow on Elite and Kassidy came in. They hit the Snapshot, because being two guys in their mid-20s, they were probably watching right during MNM's peak and they're a couple of upstart punks. It's not one of their usual moves, however, and no one knows it better than Johnny, so they probably didn't hit it well enough or he was able to protect himself and he kicked out at two. After that, he was able to comeback and hit Starship Pain.

As for the dad guy dancing, no idea.

• Like 1

They made such a big deal about Paul Turner’s bump that I almost convinced myself it was setting something up for tonight. Maybe he takes another bump and then gets up again, but at a key moment in a match he does the HBK concussion collapse. 

Konosuke Takeshita is so fucking awesome.  He sells Ryan Nemeth's strange offense.  He then fucking CRUSHES Nemeth with his offense and THEN let's Nemeth get in another flurry of offense and THEN Pretty Peter Avalon wants SOME OF THIS!  And then Takeshita CRUSHES Nemeth's with the Jumping Knee!  KONOSUKE TAKESHITA!  Mazzeratti is awesome.  She should join the Baddies as Jade's cousin.  She was in the ROH Women's Championship Tournament.  Caprice Coleman is such a good addition to any broadcast team he joins.  Mazzeratti is telling a little story- "I am tiny and fiesty!  I will outsmart the champion!"  PUT THE FUCKING BELT ON HER!  I love her little things she does to get back on offense.  Mercedes Martinez FINALLY kills Mazzeratti after Mazzeratti finally runs out of sneaky ways to stay on offense.   That was good.

• Like 6

I love Konosuke Takeshita. He's got Steiner Bros/Great Muta cool factor. Then you add that dash of Akiyama and man alive, he's appointment viewing. Easily the wrestler I'm most excited about right now. 

He totally would've been my favorite wrestler when I was ten, too. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1