DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Finally playing catch up. Woods vs Yuta was probably the AEW match of the week edging out the Bear Country vs Workhorsemen maybe just because it got more time to build and play to the leg selling and the Pure rules.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 3:03 PM, Matt D said:

Finally playing catch up. Woods vs Yuta was probably the AEW match of the week edging out the Bear Country vs Workhorsemen maybe just because it got more time to build and play to the leg selling and the Pure rules.

Bear Country vs. Workhorsemen was one of those Worldwide Full Point matches on paper that turned into a mid-3 star Mothership main event in practice. I love when you get a couple of featured JTTS teams battling over their place in the pecking order.

Woods vs. Yuta had great story elements with the Pure rules and the selling. I'm not 100% on the flash pin out of nowhere.

Third best match was the 10-man, followed closely by Trent-Nemeth.

The Emi match had her heeling it up gloriously, I think Nyla has learned a lot from working with Emi.

Skye Blue is very cute and sweet, until you insult her. Amber Nova really knows how to stooge it up.

The rest were mostly just there., fine for the most part but nothing stand out.

• Like 3

Sorry I'm late.  Late dinner and took a shower and washed my hair and did my nails and eyelashes.  Ethan Page looked suitably vicious and also gave JD Griffey some offense so it was a SEMI-competitive squash.   Hey!  It;s Hyan!  I'm sure nobody was watching, but Hyan was in the ROH Women's Title tournament and was in a lot of the ROH Women's division MAtches In Front Of Nobody.  So this match makes sense like the Trish Adora match made sense.  Mercedes Martinez opts for Basic Match and they go straight to Center Stage and work a simple match.  The crowd gets into Hyan's first flurry of offense.  Mercedes cuts her off by beating on her.  They have an awkward sequence.  Hyan gets in one last flurry and gets a nearfall on a Falcon Arrow.  Hyan takes the Psicosis Bump and Mercedes nails her in the back of the head with a ROARING ELBOW and does her modified Dragon Sleeper and that's the end of good little wrestling match.  It's the Varsity Blonds!  The Butcher and Griff Garrison would be a good singles match.  I still can't figure out which one is the Stevie Ray and which one is the Booker T of the Butcher and the Blade.  Since Butcher got into shape, it is deulling Booker Ts.  Pillman looks better in this match than he's looked lately.  Pillman and Butcher do the Double Crossbidy that I first ever saw when Brian Pillman Sr did it with Marcus Bagwell, before Buff was Buff.  Nice Lariat by Griff!  Pillman KICKS HIS PARTNER ACCIDENTALLY!  B&B with a Dudley Death Drop!  That was good.  Griff Garrison is the Booker T of the Varsity Blonds, though Pillman isn;t that far behind him.  Lee Moriarty is waiting to get drafted by the Blackpool Combat Club, I'm assuming.  Alex Reynolds is a lesser Trent Barretta which isn;t a bad thing.  Moriarty wrestles very fauncy. Nice Dropkick by Reynolds.  Lee Moriarty auditions for the BCC and it's awesome.  Reynolds looks great on offense.  Great submission by Moriarty.  That was good.  Awesome!  Yuka Sakazaki and Skye Blue are your babyfaces to the nth degree!  Nyla Rose and Emi Sakura are the evilest of evil!  They apply their evil to Yuka and Yuka sells like a super adorable Ricky Morton.  Emi does that annoying self-double team spot.  Skye Blue looks good being fiery and spunky.  Her crappy kick she does laying on her side actually looked presentable!  Nyla is having so much fun being so EVIL.  She was so Vader-y in this match, mostly because the opponents are so tiny!  Yuka is fun getting in a flurry before crushing Emi with her tiny plancha.  Nyla's powerbomb was pretty fucking awesome by the way they set it up.  That was good.  Skye Blue should do a tour of Japan with  Tokyo Joshi Pro.  Hey!  It;s Mysterious Q!  All the Houston stars are out tonight.  Ogogo is getting better.  Q gets two flurries in and Ogogo cuts him off with a SWEET Belly To Back Suplex.  That should be his finisher..That was the main event?  That's odd.  That was an okay episode.  Yuka and Skye Blue vs Nyla and Emi was good.  the Butcher and Blade Match was pretty good.  Hyan vs Mercedes Martinez was good.  Lee Moriarty and Alex Reynolds was good.  Okay,  this was a pretty good episode.

• Like 8

Mercedes is the new King of Dark. 

Show and Henry were really impressed with a handshake before a Ring of Honor title match. 2022 AEW is wild. 

Blonds got themselves some of that dreaded dissension. Pillman finally has a date set with a barbershop window. Griff to BCC please. 

Reynolds has suddenly clicked for me. That was my favorite Moriarty match in a while. 

One day Sky Blue is going to beat Nyla and the roof is coming off of that joint. 

• Like 3

Yuka/Skye Blue vs Nyla/Emi was Match of the Night & they need to do a best of 7 between them adding various Partners in Trios then back to the Core 4. 

Yuka/Skye/Riho vs. Nyla/Emi/Bunny c'mon TK book it next week for Elevation! 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DEAN said:

Nyla Rose IS Big Van Vader.

I rewound that sequence three times and then made my wife watch it because of the way they both bounced after that Nyla-bomb.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Yuka/Skye Blue vs Nyla/Emi was Match of the Night & they need to do a best of 7 between them adding various Partners in Trios then back to the Core 4. 

Yuka/Skye/Riho vs. Nyla/Emi/Bunny c'mon TK book it next week for Elevation! 

The twist is that last week Yuka and Anna Jay beat Nyla and Emi, so Skye Blue is the weak link apparently.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (BP) said:

Show and Henry were really impressed with a handshake before a Ring of Honor title match. 2022 AEW is wild. 

I would really love to coach them on commentary. Lesson 1: The Code of Honor.

• Like 2

If anyone hasn't made Hey! EW weekly viewing yet, this week's offering with Starks and Hobbs is a great place to start, pure gold from all involved. Even when RJ City's guests don't totally click with his arch sense of humour, it's fascinating watching them try to improvise a response while staying in character - Eddie Kingston and Arn Anderson do a predictably fantastic job as guests whose characters would probably just punch him, only it isn't that kind of segment, so they have to think on their feet. Team Taz are phenomenal though, simultaneously seeming totally at ease, witty, and larger than life cartoon personalities. Future AEW Champs, the pair of them.

• Like 2

I wasn't as big on the Martinez vs Hyan match as you guys. It felt like Martinez sort of leading Hyan through things and a good learning experience for her but that doesn't necessarily fit Hyan's experience level. Women's tag was good. We'd be worse off for any week we didn't get one. I have a theory about something Martinez excels at but this wasn't the match to see it. I'll keep an eye on it. 

I did think Moriarty vs Reynolds was very good and that Moriarty may, in fact, be a different wrestler after the Danielson match.

Tonight's full of stuff we want to see.

• Vickie Dreamboat vs Robyn Renegade so she should get to do a little more than against Abadon
  • Moriarty either proving me right or not vs Angels 
  • Heating up RPG for their FTR match
  • A random Leva Bates squash
  • AQA reminding us she's on the roster. 
  • Ogogo and Statlander killing people.
  • I imagine the 2.0 squash will be them really flexing since they're part of a faction now.
  • Like 3

Cool interview with Powerhouse Hobbs but the MAIN thing is that he said his favorite non-AEW match was against fuckin JEFF COBB.  JUNE 26th!  MAKE IT HAPPEN, TK!

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late.  The board was down so I couldn't REACT, and my son plays bass in the praise band so I watched this in the parking lot.  Goddam, that was a GREAT episode of DARK.  The main event was great (though Rappongi Vice gave too much to the PP RYAN, if we want to be dumbasses.)  Peter Avalon is sooo fucking good.  Lee Moriarty and fucking SONNY KISS audition for the Blackpool Combat Club.  Actually, I'm more intrigued by Kiss in the House of Black.  Evil Goth Sonny Kiss could be awesome.  Carlie Bravo was fucking great beating a great match out of Kiss.  Alan Angels and Lee Moriarty might have had the best match of the night, though the Renegade Twins pulling another Batten Brothers on Vicky Dreamboat was really outstanding.  Robin Renegade is a HEAT MACHINE.  They should get signed and turn on Thunder Rosa.  Alan Angels noticing that Moriarty was basically wrestling heel was fucking great and Moriarty being a dick is the best version of Moriarty.  Man, that was the best WCW Saturday Night since Benoit and Eddy were main eventing. 

EDIT:  Oh yeah!  2/0 were fucking awesome.

• Like 6

Alan Angels has been having better matches on the indies (as an AEW wrestler) than he has in AEW. His role in the company requires him to wrestle beneath himself... until this Dark taping, anyway. That match with Lee was great.

• Like 3

On 5/20/2022 at 3:29 PM, zendragon said:

Of course someone as evil as Danhausen follows the left hand path!

When he was a little kidhausen he stole some left handed pinking shears.

• Haha 1

Angels / Moriarty was great. That's 2 wins in 2 days over DO members for Lee. Let him run through them all like Danielson did as an audition to BCC. 

Kiss/Bravo was motn for me though. Never seen Bravo before, but he certainly made the most of his opportunity. Love Kiss' new gear. Seemed to be a bit more stiff and hurty than usual too, sign me up for heel Sonny.

• Like 4