DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Ogogo was an occasional guest on the commentary team for Dark, in the Pandemic Era. Before he turned heel and got cheered against mega-face Cody (who ended racism).

• Haha 2

In general I'm a fan of Ogogo as a guy who might be something in a couple of years and pushes himself to try new things in the ring, but that opening out-of-place "And New York is right crummy compared to London" line that he forced in twice was brutal. He did better later, especially shutting down Mark Henry's silliness.

What else?

• Bear Bronson walking across the ring as Cutler was ten-count punching him was a pretty novel spot.
  • Best part of King vs Reynolds was the sequence where Reynolds was starting to chip away at him and then just had his head taken off.
  • The entire sequence where they distracted and cut off Yuka's magical girl splash was very good.
  • Acclaimed were super over on the way out. I will say this feels like a step down for them when they should be stepping up. I'm glad they let Bowens in there to get the pin even if he might not be ready to work yet? If he'll be sidelined for a little while longer, then I guess this is an ok way to fill time.
  • You'll note that Uno and 10 did not do the Neck Evaporator combo full nelson/bomb and just did the full nelson as a set up for the bomb this time.
  • Adora looked good but the match needed one more rotation during the finishing stretch. It's also funny she didn't have an entrance. I've gone back and watched some of the pandemic darks and every jobber basically gets a tron and music.

• Like 4

On 5/16/2022 at 11:37 PM, DEAN said:

YEAH!

I had to rewind that six times to try to figure out what the hell Reynolds was trying to do there.  It looks like he hit the brakes, turned around, and tried for a rolling elbow?  Looked like the dude was doing Riverdance out there.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2

Max Casster appears to be re-enacting his first match ever with Tyler Uriah.  This is one of those WCW Worldwide matches that wouldn't end up on a permanent tape.  Hey!  It's Marina Shafir!  Lana Lenox is from Virginia Beach!  She was definitely from First Colonial.  Oh!  They should DEFINITELY sign Lana Lenox.  She is the lady version of El Serpentico.  Oh man, she is making Shafir look like Shinobu Kandori.  That was totally awesome.  YES! THE WORKHORSEMEN! BEAR COUNTRY!  HOSS FIGHT!  YES!  Bronson and Henry smack each other about.  Drake and Boulder do some wrestling before TWH hits a wad of double team moves!  Workhorsemen look fucking great in this.  Boulder is a lumbering house a-fire!  FINISH IS FUCKING AWESOME!  ZILLION STARS!  LA DOJO IS ON THE STICK~!  TELLEM, YUYA!  Devlyn Macabre is a Northeastern indie gal, if I not mistaken.  Emi Sakura has trained every woman who wrestles in Japan.  Emi tells a little story in this match- as Emi challenges the youngster to show what she's got, and Devlyn gets some stuff in.  Then Emi hits a batch of stuff and it's a fun little match.  Hey!  It's Baron Black,  He's a QT Marshall guy, if I'm not mistaken.  (I am.  Cagematch says he was trained by Mr Hughes, which is INFINITELY cooler.)  While I went to cagematch.net, Jorah Johl did some wrestling.  NAVARRO DEATH ROLL~!  Ryan Nemeth is awesome!  He is wrestling Trent Barretta!  Trent is fucking crazy.  He takes a DDT on the floor at a Universal taping.  What a fucking pro.  Trent is fucking awesome.  Trent just kinda beats Nemeth with SOMETHING.  PETER AVALON RUNS IN!  ONE HALF OF PP RAY!  I back this burgeoning feud one thousand percent!  Amber Nova questions the girlishness of Sky Blue!  SEND HER OUT A WOMAN!  AMBER GIVES HER THE DIPSTICK RAG!  Amber Nova is so fun in this match.  She doesn't win but who cares!  Amber Nova was enjoyed.  LA DOJO versus the FACTORY!  YES!  I love this shit.  AWESOME! A MELEE!  Clark Conner seems to be the LEADER of the Team Strong Style.   Kevin Knight is your LA DOJO Ricky Morton.  Rick Aldritch and Nick Comoroto are the best thing on the Factory side.  I want to see more of Aldritch.  Cool section between QT and Knight leading to Karl Frederick- who was on Championship Wrestling From Hollywood Saturday.   ANOTHER MELEE!  Alex Coughlin and Nick Comoroto have a battle of power moves!  Karl Fredericks totally eats shit on a tope con hilo!  Kevin Knight dropkicks really high!  Oh it's BRICK Aldritch.  He and Alex Coughlin were the breakout stars of the match.  Nice suplex by Yuya Uemura.  I want this feud to never end.  Wheeler Yuta and Josh Woods have a rematch and you notice right away that Josh Woods is so legit as an amateur wrestler.  Man, Woods should get drafted by the Blackpool Combat Club.  He looks fucking great in this.  Jonathan Gresham should draft Woods for an ROH counter to Wheeler Yuta and whoever else the BCC draft.  This match is great.  Josh Woods is fucking great.  Great use of the Pure rules.  That was good.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!  

EDIT:  ADDED EXTRA DARK!  OH NO!  KEITH LEE IS GOING TO WALK OFF THE EDGE OF THE PLATFORM!  Hey, waitaminnit!  That's not Univerals Studios!  What the FUCK!  Swerve kills time until Keith Lee can Beel Serpentico and we can revel in the JOY of BEEL-A-MANIA!  It is sooooo a GREAT beel.  Let us revel in the joy.....  Also remember that Swerve Strickland is awesome.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Weird, I thought that was one of the smoothest Max Caster performances I've ever seen. Now I'm not sure what that says about him.

Well, he kept it simple.

I think that nick and brick were an interesting combo.  I'm hoping comoroto gets a chance to work with the njpw guys, he's not there yet but feels like he's got a solid base of stuff and him muscling guys around might get over with them and help him improve. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DEAN said:

They should DEFINITELY sign Lana Lenox.  

Absofuckinglutely! That was an impressive Dark outing.

YES! THE WORKHORSEMEN! BEAR COUNTRY!  HOSS FIGHT!  YES!  Bronson and Henry smack each other about.  Drake and Boulder do some wrestling before TWH hits a wad of double team moves!  Workhorsemen look fucking great in this.  Boulder is a lumbering house a-fire!  FINISH IS FUCKING AWESOME!  ZILLION STARS! 

JD Drake always does the Job well done, but it's nice to see him when he's allowed some quality offense other than his 2-3 routine moves. He and Henry are more and more impressive every time out. Excellent tandem offense. (When the TV is in place) This team needs a run at those ROH tag titles. Maybe after a fresh coat of paint? Some new matching gear? A new haircut and color for Henry? The Bears were good here too. A few more (less cute/less arduous to set-up) double team maneuvers would help. A new gimmick? New gear? All in due time I bet. 

(Strong show thus far)

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3

On 5/17/2022 at 8:42 AM, Technico Support said:

I had to rewind that six times to try to figure out what the hell Reynolds was trying to do there.  It looks like he hit the brakes, turned around, and tried for a rolling elbow?  Looked like the dude was doing Riverdance out there.

Brody Lee discus clothesline?

On 5/17/2022 at 10:24 PM, DEAN said:

GREATEST BEEL EVER?

The goodness in that is either Serpentico is a sandbagger or they were going for the illusion of heft. Like Iron Sheik deadlifting a chair to hit Sgt. Slaughter like it was as heavy as a car.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DEAN said:

The Bunny is such an adorable weirdo.

The Blade and the Bunny are horror fans.  I will never say a bad word about them ever again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

Yeah, Josh Woods gives off a Blackpool Combat Club vibe.

I approve of the improvement in treatment of Josh Woods.   Him getting squashed on Dark early in his appearances was nigh unwatchable.  At least now he's losing with grace after getting in significant offense.  Dude is more fundamentally sound.  He is a monster.  Hopefully he will also be jumped into the BCC along with Fred Yehi and Josh Alexander.  That would be a stable of monstrous proportions.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

For weirdo web content, there is RJ City's HEY! EW interviews.  Some have been with current stars doing character e.i. danhausen and oc and some older vets like Gunn, Henry and Anderson .  Most are like 10 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Rev Ray said:

For weirdo web content, there is RJ City's HEY! EW interviews.  Some have been with current stars doing character e.i. danhausen and oc and some older vets like Gunn, Henry and Anderson .  Most are like 10 minutes. 

I laughed very hard at Arn's.

Watched Woods vs Yuta. Really good I'm really looking forward to everything Yuta does so I hope he shows up on the NJPW AXS shows as well. The pure rules made me think about that Catch-as-catch can match that Dean Malenko intentionally fucked up against Billy Kidman and I wish there was a 15-20 minute Kidman/Malenko pure rules bout on a late 90's WCW PPV

• Like 1