DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

So Dreamboat is her real name, but also it seems that part of her gimmick is that she’s a real licensed boat captain? A lot to parse there. I also looked up Trip Jordy and saw that he was at All In as a fan. It has to be incredible for him to work in an AEW ring just a few years later. His hammy Disney kid actor thing isn’t bad, but it’s going to leave him in a spot where he has some good heel mannerisms but he’ll probably always be positioned as a plucky underdog. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I thought he was just making a bunch of shit up the way that Paul Wight does for Luther.

He mentioned that her name is a reference to a (probably fictional) QB from McDaniel College.  That's hilarious to me as McDaniel is a pretty small, not super well known school tucked away in rural Westminster, MD. 

And there is no god damn way a wrestler whose name rhymes with "Ricky Steamboat" is not a reference to Ricky Steamboat.  I hope she gets a nickname that rhymes with dragon.  Like, I don't know....flagon?  Wagon?  I hope she feuds with "The Nacho Fan" Mandy Ravage.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

He mentioned that her name is a reference to a (probably fictional) QB from McDaniel College.  That's hilarious to me as McDaniel is a pretty small, not super well known school tucked away in rural Westminster, MD. 

And there is no god damn way a wrestler whose name rhymes with "Ricky Steamboat" is not a reference to Ricky Steamboat.  I hope she gets a nickname that rhymes with dragon.  Like, I don't know....flagon?  Wagon?  I hope she feuds with "The Nacho Fan" Mandy Ravage.

The English language is not your friend here. I think the best you're going to get is something which has some of the sounds, like Vicky the Siren Dreamboat. Or Vicky the Kraken Dreamboat.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I feel like we need to pause and talk about this for a minute:

nRX067.gif

Needs the sound. As (I think) Taz said, "I've never heard anyone actually saying 'hiii-yah' before doing a karate chop"

• Like 2

Ethan Page mentioned this week is the last episode of no gimmicks fake name, but is going to continue they toy hunts and has promised to deliver on a few things I guess as specials with the sheetz visit with ruby and the chopped cheese with Kingston on content he intends on delivering.

MERCEDES vs TRISH ADORA!

Also, Bryce Donovan is part of Max Caster's Shook Crew stable, so it's odd that they're on opposite sides. He just came back from a punctured (or collapsed, don't remember) lung last month. Got a big scar on his ribs where they put the hose in.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, (BP) said:

I just found a cool resource, this Twitter posts scouting reports on all of AEW’s enhancement talent.

Been thinking of starting a new Twitter specific to my wrestling fandom and this is a compelling reason to do so.

• Like 2

BRANDON CUTLER!  YES!  Man, Bear Bronson is my new favorite Cutler opponent.  FAT BOY TOPE!  Cutler is so great.  The cold spray flying out as he's being pinned is CHOICE!  Alex Reynolds gets sacrificed to the House Of Black!  Brodie King was gearing up to kill Minoru Suzuki when he was killing Reynolds here.  SWEET LARIAT by King.  Running K DRILLER!  Jesus.  Brodie King needs to feud with Wardlow.  Yuka Sakazaki is hanging around in the US of A!  I wonder if she will be here when Miya Yamashita and Maki Ito are hanging out in the US of A.  With Anna J!  Nyla and Emi jumps them before the bell!  Yuka Sakazaki looks fucking great.  Yuka wins with a modified Airplane Spin!  Nyla gets their HEAT BACK postmatch!  The ASSCLAIMED~!  This is a great pairing.  Postmatch scissoring makes this a special night.  Austin Gunn is amazing.  VSK has wrestled absolutley everywhere this year- IMPACT!, Elevation. NWA.  I await his MLW appearance and maybe he's already been on United Wrestling Network.  Here, he gets crushed by Preston Vance.  TRISH ADORA!  I saw here live on Elevation in Norfolk.  It's Mercedes Martinez!  Martinez got the Toni Storm Stiffness Memo.  EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX by Trish Adora!!  Martinez procures the modified Dragon Sleeper for the win!  That was a good little match.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Run, Cutler, Run! The can of cold spray going off during the pinfall was great. 

Reynolds dying for Brody King was a perfect match for what it was and how long it went. I loved this. Worldwide!

Anna Jay should wrestle in that outfit from last week that looked like the classic Punisher costume with the white boots. She needs unique gear. 

Another weirdly structured women’s tag that’s super fun nevertheless. Everyone here rules. I like Emi and Nyla together, but I wouldn’t mind a feud between them either if they’re heading that way. 

The Assclaimed: It’s good, folks.

Mercedes felt more like a star here than she did in that Dynamite main event. Adora is cool as hell, and this is my favorite Martinez AEW match. Stiff! Sick deadlift German from Adora. The way Mercedes beats her opponents to maintain a hold is so good. Her dragon surfboard is gnarly.

A real corker, one of my favorite episodes, and I wasn’t even that excited for it on paper. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1