DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Awwww, no Stu Grayson.  I await Grayson in IMPACT!  Hey!  Abadon has gotten really good.  Emi Sakura was having fun out there.  That was a good little match.  Peter Avalon is all over the place these days.  He was on Championship Wrestling From Hollywood Saturday.  It's Sonny Kiss who might be joining the House of Black- which would rule.  Avalon channels Rick Rude and this Elevation just became awesome.  Sonny Kiss fucking lays it in.  Kiss is awesome.  Ryan Nemeth is awesome, cheating like a true SON OF A BITCH.  Good use of Nemeth to make Peter Avalon's cheating work against him!  SONNY KISS!  I've never actually seen Tony Deppen but he is all over twitter.  John Silver is the most over member of the Dark Order.  Nice kneedrop by Deppen.  Deppen is a weirdo.  I dig him.  It wasn't a very long match.  Swerve Strickland is everywhere these days.  Thursday, he was on MLW wrestling Myron Reed in one of the best matches I've seen in MLW.  He and Keith Lee are an outstanding tag team that mirrors Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs.  I assume they will be trading the tag titles soon.  Hey! Nick Comoroto and QT Marshall sorta mirrors Swerve and Lee, also!  Except Marshall doesn't wrestle strange like Strickland. Lee is great working like a smart monster.  Marshall takes the beel like a man half his size!  Awesome!  Lee is our Face In Peril~!  Keith Lee is a very large, very powerful Ricky Morton.  Shane Strickland is the most fucked up Robert Gibson in the history of Southern Style tag wrestling and THAT's awesome!  Shane Swerve Strickland is fucking wild.  That match was great.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!  

• Like 6

Emi Sakura is a wrestling goddess and the perfect opponent for Abadon's first match where she got dragged into deep water and had to swim for her life towards the lights on the shore.  Poor Tony Deppen gets the Josh Woods treatment.  Another former RoH champion gets squashed on YouTube.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

The entire show had awesome bomb-throwing exchanges. 

Emi vs Abadon reminded me of when rookie Sheamus had that series with Dustin in WWECW where he came out looking more credible and experienced. I hope they work together more.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DEAN said:

Awwww, no Stu Grayson.  I await Grayson in IMPACT!  Hey!  Abadon has gotten really good.  Emi Sakura was having fun out there.  That was a good little match.  Peter Avalon is all over the place these days.  He was on Championship Wrestling From Hollywood Saturday.  It's Sonny Kiss who might be joining the House of Black- which would rule.  Avalon channels Rick Rude and this Elevation just became awesome.  Sonny Kiss fucking lays it in.  Kiss is awesome.  Ryan Nemeth is awesome, cheating like a true SON OF A BITCH.  Good use of Nemeth to make Peter Avalon's cheating work against him!  SONNY KISS!  I've never actually seen Tony Deppen but he is all over twitter.  John Silver is the most over member of the Dark Order.  Nice kneedrop by Deppen.  Deppen is a weirdo.  I dig him.  It wasn't a very long match.  Swerve Strickland is everywhere these days.  Thursday, he was on MLW wrestling Myron Reed in one of the best matches I've seen in MLW.  He and Keith Lee are an outstanding tag team that mirrors Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs.  I assume they will be trading the tag titles soon.  Hey! Nick Comoroto and QT Marshall sorta mirrors Swerve and Lee, also!  Except Marshall doesn't wrestle strange like Strickland. Lee is great working like a smart monster.  Marshall takes the beel like a man half his size!  Awesome!  Lee is our Face In Peril~!  Keith Lee is a very large, very powerful Ricky Morton.  Shane Strickland is the most fucked up Robert Gibson in the history of Southern Style tag wrestling and THAT's awesome!  Shane Swerve Strickland is fucking wild.  That match was great.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!  

I like to think that if you were watching wrestling with Dean, it would just be him yelling these things out as they happen.  Like, it's quiet and then Dean just shouts, "Shane Strickland is the most fucked up Robert Gibson in the history of Southern Style tag wrestling and THAT's awesome!" 

That would actually be a really fun way to watch wrestling.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Log said:

I like to think that if you were watching wrestling with Dean, it would just be him yelling these things out as they happen.  Like, it's quiet and then Dean just shouts, "Shane Strickland is the most fucked up Robert Gibson in the history of Southern Style tag wrestling and THAT's awesome!" 

That would actually be a really fun way to watch wrestling.

You could be like my wife staring blankly at me as I watch MLW.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Usually, you want Abadon's opponents to show fear and intimidation but Emi got her over just as much by treating her like a joke early and then with respect and even exhilaration once she started to come back.
  • Thought Silver vs Deppen was really good, one of the best Silver matches I've seen actually. I'm not familiar with a lot of these ROH guys so it's nice to get to see them for the first few times in matches like these. He worked the crowd well and the sequence that ended with him getting absolutely beheaded by the clothesline was really good.
  • The Kiss press slam on Avalon was a highlight.
  • Swerve's flip over the top-land on the floor works so much better when someone tosses him out than when he does it himself. Swerve has matches where his stuff is worked in smartly and matches where his stuff is just forced in and this was more the former than the latter. I really liked the way he took the knee out during a flurry at one point. I remain very happy with this version of Keith Lee, who does the power moves when appropriately and stands out on the roster but has an extra boost of turbo for very particular moments when he needs it. They did a good job using misdirection and Solo on the outside to rationalize the Factory's control. They came off looking like an effective unit. Not sure Comoroto should have eaten the pin instead of QT but they're not worried about protecting him.
  • The Full Nelson into a Power Bomb 10/Uno tandem finisher is a good idea but they have to work more on the actual execution in a post-Stu world.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The unfortunate thing of going out to either get drinks or merch is I tend to miss out on certain things.  I had no idea Silver was facing Deppen until just now though it sounds like I didn't miss much.  But it was great seeing Sonny get the win though my friends and I agree she needs to be featured a lot more.  And as soon as I saw Emi/Abadon facing each other I knew you folks would like it.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Matt D said:
  •  
  • The Full Nelson into a Power Bomb 10/Uno tandem finisher is a good idea but they have to work more on the actual execution in a post-Stu world.

The opener is the opener is the only match I had energy to watch and my takeaway is they owe that enhancement guy and his family a nice dinner for how badly they botched that finish and bounced his head on the mat.

• Like 1

Would it be unpopular to suggest the Dark Order ought to break up? Maybe I just miss Stu! Sonny Kiss would be so much more effective minus the awful splits leg drops, flippy corner bullshit and anything else that clearly doesn't look effective. But minus that there's some torque on the strikes and some strong fundamentals. And clearly some personality. Avalon has really upped his game in the last while, and been a real asset to Dark/Elevation. For a second there I thought we were going to get a hush hush youtube classic between Deppen and Silver. It was good for what it was and while it lasted, but would've loved more. Loved to see him get a shot in the new ROH. Lee/Swerve are slick as fuck and on a nice slow relaxed build. QT is fantastic. I like Commoroto like everybody else, but he does tend to get completely lost in there when things accelerate. 'I think we're gonna keep you where you are' is the smart play with Big Bad Ass Bruiser looking Nick.

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

The opener is the opener is the only match I had energy to watch and my takeaway is they owe that enhancement guy and his family a nice dinner for how badly they botched that finish and bounced his head on the mat.

One of the highlights of having so many former wrestlers in the booth on these shows is that you can tell how bad a botch really is by the noises they make right after it happens. There was a big Oooooh on that spot. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DEAN said:

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT!

DEAN, I do not ask for much, but I think we need AEWDARK COMIX highlighting all of the different Team Taz vehicles....and maybe Austin Gunn selling the crowd yelling at him by recoiling.

• Like 2

Sorry I'm late.  My youngest is the bass player in the praise band and I had to wait around for him at rehearsal/  Stupid teenagers.  Jake Something looked great,  I love that he knocked Lethal over with his pecker!  YES!  Jake Manning was soooo WCW Saturday Night enhancement talent- like the nephew of the Gambler.  Alex Reynolds is the Mike Rotunda of the Dark Order.  Fly Def were an excellent Southern indie face tagteam.  I loved their little flurry of offense.  The Ass Boys are fucking awesome.  Austin Gunn is amazing in his goofy historonics.  He is buff, he's got the stuff and the ladies can't get enough.  He must have been the most annoying teenager.  I wonder if he listened to Ska or Bro Country.  His finisher makes no sense but he is still awesome.  Man, is Serpentico and Shawn Dean going BROADWAY?!  That was perfectly fine and very long.  I want to see the Brick City Boyz vs Fly Def in a high school gym in Goochland county.  Big Shotty Lee Johnson didn;t do any highflying so BOOOOOO!  Hey!  Vicky Dreamboat looked pretty good for a second there before Abadon beat the fudge out of her.  Abadon is so much better now than she was.  I don't know what you do with Jora Johl.  Skye Blue vs Kiera Hogan was good.  Hogan should just be beating folks' asses at this point to get over the ladies version of the Blackpool Combat Club.  Good use of Red Velvet; she's feeling the push.  Skye Blue got the Toni Storm memo and lays it in.  Red Velvet and Kiera should have beaten on Skye Blue after the pin.  I love the Factory Invaders into New Japan Strong.  It's so territory booking and gives the Factory some focus.  Kevin Knight didn't remind me much of Shibata but was pretty good. Nick Comoroto was the superstar of the match.   BKC was fun with the Judo Chops! Comoroto is so good.  BKC is a keeper,  He is the Nouvelle Cameron Grimes.  Comoroto hits a SWEET SPEAR!  QT Marshall offers the LA Dojo guys QUALITY SPOTS IN THE FACTORY!  They refuse and BKC GOES THROUGH A TABLE!  AWESOME!  A FACTORY vs LA DOJO HAVE A PULL APART!  YESSSSSS!  Awesome!  The greatest Dark ever!  Rohit Raju is getting a Dark push?  I'm all for it.  Adam Priest looks like Chase Elliott fan.  This is the best Before The IMPACT! match I've seen in a while.  Squashy!  Tiger Ruas and Cezar Bononi attacked Evil Uno and Preston Vance earlier in the broadcast!  CANADIANS VERSUS BRAZILIANS!  Actually, Preston Vance is from Michigan or something.  SOUTH AMERICA VERSUS NORTH AMERICA!  Evil Uno is everywhere these days,  He had a mega match against Uncle Mikey on Championship Wrestling from Memphis Saturday.  There he showed that he really excels at wrestling heel.  Bononi looks great in this match.  Ruas and Bononi do cool double teams.  RUAS WITH THE EVEREST GERMAN SUPLEX!  They should have gone COMPLETELY Memphis and had Cezar slap Negative One.  Lotsa fun nearfalls.  That was good.  The LA Dojo vs the Factory section made this THE BEST DARK EVER!

For Matt, Taz's coast to coast helicopter.

tazhelicopter2.jpg

Edited by DEAN
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, elizium said:

I mean, ya coulda at least put a big T on the side of that thing

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, (BP) said:

One of the highlights of having so many former wrestlers in the booth on these shows is that you can tell how bad a botch really is by the noises they make right after it happens. There was a big Oooooh on that spot. 

Tonight was the rope bump from the jobber against Rohit Raju, looked awful and Taz had an immediate reaction. Dude looked like he got his bell ring bad and was shaking his arm after the match like he had a stinger.

Brock Anderson’s finisher was messy too and I’m not entirely convinced the Brick City guy was selling being out.

• Like 1

Elevation was a top 10 all time episode of Worldwide minus the opening Dark Order squash. Abadon-Emi was the best match in GLOW and WOW history combined, well wrestled and also fun as hell. My favorite part was Abadon’s growl after each part of We Will Chop You. Kiss-Avalon was another easy full Worldwide point, fun match, good storytelling, looking forward to Kiss getting revenge against Nemeth. Silver-Deppen was fine but lacked heart and heat, let’s give it .75 Worldwide. I think Silver needs a better finisher. Main event was a showcase for Comoroto both on offense and taking moves, Strickland had a little bit too much of his weird embellishments tonight but Lee picked up Comoroto like he was nothing. Full point and StrickLee Business for tag champs!

Dark was a bit of a slog at times, Taz and Excalibur were hamming it up way too fucking much. I enjoyed the in-show angles, especially the Factory-NJPW dojo. The Keira Hogan-Skye Blue match was a good one and raised my blood pressure a few points. JLowetico wants a Skye Blue-Vicky Dreamboat tag team. Main event was shockingly competitive and solid. Also surprisingly competitive was Serpentico-Shawn Dean.

So we had Jora Johl doing a bilingual promo and a match (meh), Rohit Raju with a squash where the enhancement dude clearly took a bad bump, Dutt and Singh in the opener with Singh doing the big boot and choke slam. If it wasn’t obvious before...

I want to like Shotty Lee and Brock Anderson, they had been looking ok, but this match was rough. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping that Vicky Dreamboat's name was a gimmick reference to Ricky Steamboat, but it was not.   It sounded like Excalibur also wanted that to be true.

Nick Comorato cut Kevin Knight in half with that spear.  It was the speriest spear I have ever seen.  LA Dojo vs. Factory is the perfect capsule feud for the AEW YouTube mid-card.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, J.T. said:

I was hoping that Vicky Dreamboat's name was a gimmick reference to Ricky Steamboat, but it was not.   It sounded like Excalibur also wanted that to be true.

I thought he was just making a bunch of shit up the way that Paul Wight does for Luther.