DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Mark Henry issuing an exasperated heaving sigh and very quietly whispering "shit" as he forgot Takeshita's name, was the highlight of the show.  Wight doing a minute or so of solo commentary after that where he says "Takeshita" about 27 times to remind him was likewise wonderful.

Willow's Doctor Bomb is incredible.  I need her to hit that on the main show so we can hear JR mark out.

• Like 2

I thought Mark and Paul did a good job on commentary together. They hit a good mix of relaxed comedy and actually paying attention to the matches, since Paul was de facto play by play man.

Max Caster vs. the Jersey Shore guy was kind of ugly at times. Jersey Shore Guy hasn't been outright bad, but it feels odd that he has a win and gets an entrance when there are much better/more popular guys working as pure enhancement talent.

Liked the women's tag quite a bit. The main event was probably better suited to live-event-only, as the Dark Order multi-man matches are basically just an excuse to send the crowd home happy (or get them hyped for Dynamite/Rampage.) Colt Cabana conspicuous by his absence, as they say. Hope this wasn't Stu's final appearance on AEW programming.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

CHEESEBURGER

The man deserves to be quoted in large font again. Loved his match, including the full Johnny Saint leapfrog spot. Anyone who watches World of Sport for inspiration is good with me.

• Like 2

AEW Price.com!

AEW Price.com!!

AEW Price.com!!!

Good stuff from Silver and Nemeth. I kind of want a heel Dark Order led by -1 channeling the gangster kid from Robocop 2. 

The Workhorsemen have to heat up the Blondes so they can be humiliated again. Griff needs to get away from Pillman Jr. 

Spears is great in a studio environment. Lord Crewe is always welcome.

Hobbs and Starks against the twelve-year-olds was fun. Get them in the title picture already. 

Nese has proven to be a good pickup, he’s been crazy consistent on these shows against a variety of wrestlers with different experience levels. Liked Leon Ruffin. 

Mat War! Uemura/Angelico fucking ruled! I’m going to run this one back later. 

Invictus Khash always brings it on Dark. He grounds and he pounds, but he can’t keep that agile son of a gun Dante Martin from taking to the sky for the win. 

To the surprise of no one, Toni Storm and Diamanté beat the piss out of each other. I bit on a couple of Diamanté pin falls, which is something since obviously there was no way Storm was losing here. 

I like a Monday Henry/Wight booth and a Tuesday Taz/Ex booth. Kingston as wildcard. Let’s stick with that. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ryan Nemeth is awesome.  He tells a little story with his matches.  John Silver takes a PENDULUM DDT like a champ.  HEY ! THE WORKHORSEMEN!  It's the Varsity Blonds!  Anthony Henry is awesome flying into stands to leg lariat Brian Jr.  Henry will kick you really hard.  I think I like this Anthony Henry guy. Griff Garrison is good.  This match is fun.  The Workhorsemen are the Texas Outlaws of AEW.  Julia Hart is wearing all black!  Brian Pillman Jr inherited his father's athleticism!  On the mic, Brain Pillman Jr inherited his father's athleticism!  It's Lord Crewe!  He is Halston Boddy's enforcer on Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.  Shawn Spears lays it in.  Crewe looks great on offense for a second.  Spears gets the crowd involved and it's fun!  Crewe beats on Spears and Spears beats on Crewe and this is almost not a squash, but then he squashes him.  Speaking of squashes,  TERRY YAKI!  He and his partner have matching pants!  He gets in an elbow strike!  Hobbs toys with them.  Starks gets the pin.  Julia Hart is back to the green.  Jacey Love is very tiny.  Julia is all heelish!  Hey, Julia Hart has an actual finisher- a head scissors!  It's the 70s all over!  Allright!  Will Tony Nese have another good match with enhancement guys?  Leon Ruffin is all nimble and shit!  Nese makes Ruffin look good and Ruffin makes Nese look fucking GREAT!  So if you want to get noticed as an enhancement guy,  have a match with Tony Nese.   That was fun.  Awesome, YUYA! ANGELICO!  Yuya Uemura looks just like Brian Pillman Jr but Japanese.  Quality hair.  This match is great.  Angelico takes it to the mat and he is awesome.  Angelico and Zack Sabre Jr have to wrestle sooner or later.  This match goes to the mat and stays on the mat.  This is great.  FULL WORLDWIDE POINT!  Uemura chops Angelico and the crowd pops.  That's setting up a spot.  GREAT FUCKING SUBMISSION by Angelico.  Yuya with a Dangerous Backdrop!  NEGRO NAVARRO DEATHROLL!  Great Dark match.  Invictus Khash is in Prince Nana's Embassy in Championship Wrestling From Hollywood!  He should be wrestling Chris Dickenson for the title soon.  He is all World of Sport.  Invictus Khash should wrestle Angelico and Yuya.  Dante Martin goes to the mat with him for a minute.  Khash with the FLYING ARMBAR!  YAY!  Wrestling on the wrestling show!  Dante Martin is awesome letting Khash pretty much control large wads of the match.  Khash is fucking great on offense.  Dante Martin hits his fancy moonsault for the win.  That's three good matches in a row!  AWESOME!  TONI STORM!  Diamante will lay it in.  You KNOW Toni Storm will lay it in.  Storm and Diamante work a headlock like it's 1975.  Storm is bumping like a freak for Diamante.  Toni Storm is so good.  She makes Diamante look great and then kills her dead.  FOUR GOOD MATCHES IN A ROW!  Five overall.  AEW RULES THE WORLD!  

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Teflon Turtle said:

I'd love to know what Starks and Hobbs' opponents said to them before their match to earn that clubbering. 

One of them tripped Starks when they went low during the first exchange, and after that it was on. 

• Thanks 1

So do you reckon that Lord Crewe was just looking at a map of England and chose a town at random to name himself after? Because I've been to Crewe, and I wouldn't say it was too Lordly.

• Like 4

Good Dark!

• Not much to say about Nesmeth vs Silver but I liked how Silver used the shot in the ropes into his finish instead of the German this time. Switch it up.
  • Workhorsemen looked great. Griff looked really good. Pillman cut a really dumb promo and will deserve what he gets.
  • Best part of the Hobbs/Starks tag was when Hobbs finally relaxed and grinned after the win.
  • That Nese vs Ruff match had some very good moments. Nese does base well. I'd like to see Ruff vs Dante.
  • Angelico vs Uemura was a lot of fun and a great Angelico showcase, probably his first in what... nine months between the injury and everything else. Really showed off what he can do. I hope he gets a chance to do at least some of that tonight against Yuta or especially Danielson.
  • Martin vs Khash was really good too. Martin's selling is super underrated, especially when he plays vulnerable while on offense (the highlight there is probably last year's Black match). Khash had a lot of varied stuff to keep it interesting. Martin's ability to adapt mid-air makes it feel like he has a cheat code for physics.
  • Storm vs Diamante was really good too. Diamante is one of those people that you only know are so enjoyable to watch if you follow the web shows but I love her personality and how hard she hits. Her Germans were nasty and the "oh shit" as she realized Storm was making it behind her for a receipt was great. Also great was her telling off one specific person in the crowd for chanting for Toni. Look, I don't have a great sense of Storm yet but her style really comes off as "babyface Ace" in a way that I'm not sure anyone else in the women's division (including Ruby) can manage.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, (BP) said:

One of them tripped Starks when they went low during the first exchange, and after that it was on. 

Something looked off during that opening sequence, but I was a bit distracted and couldn't quite tell if it was a miscommunication that happened on the fly or if the two teams maybe weren't on the same page even before walking out. Either way, if I'm the guy who had to eat that spear at the end, I'm at least a little annoyed. I don't think he was the offending party.

Between that and the head smack after seemingly getting shaken up on that dive a week or so back, Starks really isn't hesitating to dole out payback on these Youtube shows.

• Like 2

Trying to catch up on the YouTube shows. Elevation (the Monday show) was excellent, lots of competitive matches and would have been a great episode of WCW Saturday Night minus the 12-man main event.

Cheeseburger got Nese more heat that’s he’s gotten during his entire run. I would like to see more Cheeseburger, maybe with some flyers.

Caster gets a squash! Yay!

Willow gets a win! Yay!

Takeshita looks awesome again!

Julia Hart is getting these but needs a new finisher.

Women’s tag was match of the night. Jay does a good face in peril, Emi gets to hit her moves and a nice tandem with Nyla, Stat does a great house on fire hot tag (excluding a big whiff on a high kick on Nyla). Finishing segment with Jay and Nyla falling out of the ring, and Stat crushing Emi with her finisher was excellent.

Grayson gets to go out on a high note. The super young white dude on the jobber team has been in a couple matches now and takes big moves like a champ.

• Like 1

Oh, FFS that sucks.  It was a pretty fun one he had with Caster and I believe the reaction was bigger than last time.  I would have them give it another go at some point and make sure the power actually works.  That does explain why Nyla/Skye was listed as a "Baltimore-exclusive" match since they were dealing with power issues at the time.  Some thought the line was nonsense until I confirmed they never did that before.  Odd thing is the camera lights were on for that match so I'll be curious to see how this plays out.

• Like 1