DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Thunder Rosa's run down of the week build up to the cage match including danhausen at the Alamo, mark Henry explaining dodgeball tactics during community outreach, some stuff with the mariachi band and someone's reaction to it.

• Like 3

Julia is TOTALLY EVIL now!  YAAAAY!  I'm guessing the 2022 Evil Cheerleader thing is about to totally kick in.  Skye Blue carried her to the best match of Julia's young career even if they did completely fuck up the finish. Julia will have to get one of those Smells Like Teen Spirit Satanic cheerleading get-ups when she finally joins the House of Black.   Push the Ass Boys.  They are the 2022 American Males without the Scotty Riggs dropkick. Darius Martin was good as the Ricky Morton to Chaos Project's Lazertron/Boogie-Woogie Man.  Strange match as it was Top Flight making Chaos Project look good for 90% of the match.  Ruby Soho/Anna Jay vs Emi Sakura/The Bunny was a good last match from Emi for a while.  Lance Archer does the Jericho In Canada promo was awesome.  HE ATTACKED A FAN!  WHO BOUGHT A FRONT ROW TICKET!  WHAT NEXT?!?!  A TEN YEAR OLD?!?!  Stu Grayson is the best thing on Evil Uno's vlog.  He is so French Canadian.  YAY!  It's Nick Comoroto!  Will he beel someone?  Stu Grayson and John Silver are like a miniature version of the Mongols.  I loved the crazy over the corner bump by Grayson to take out Marshall and Comoroto.  John Silver was the glue that held that whole wacky final sequence differently than he usually holds it together.  That was good.  EVIL JULIA!  YAY!  Stu Grayson is the best wrestler in AEW?  Eh, maybe....

• Like 7

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

I know many have given up on BTE but I still find some worth in it.  However this is easily the worst episode they've had when it's mostly whatever the fuck that Nemeth crap is and now stuff with Howdy and others.  I know Sammy and Tay are veering on annoying with how much they're in love but I'll take his vlog any day over this.  Same goes for any other ones for that matter.  That said the Page/DO stuff was fine though I wish they ended it with Stu's rant to maintain some bit of drama.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 11:06 AM, eikerir said:

By principle I hate most moves that start up as a Tombstone Piledriver and end up being anything else but a Tombstone Piledriver

Taiji Ishimori's Tombstone Lungblower fucking rules.  It looks like more of a finisher than his Bloody Cross.

15 hours ago, DEAN said:

Push the Ass Boys.  They are the 2022 American Males without the Scotty Riggs dropkick.

I nearly spilled coffee over $100K worth of blade servers laughing at this.

15 hours ago, DEAN said:

Stu Grayson and John Silver are like a miniature version of the Mongols. 

and this.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

So one really good VMware host?  ?

It is going to be the SvSAN.  Anything happens to those boxes and I am on an offramp begging for spare change in less than an hour.

• Like 1

@NikoBaltimore thought that Nemeth's segment was maybe the strongest he's ever done, a couple lines made me legit lol -  but whatever this is with Howdy and his hat fucking suuuuuuucks bad.

Edit: I forgot to say how much I enjoyed the six man main event from Elevation. Dark Order is such a great undercard gimmick. Both Uno/Grayson and Silver/Reynolds could both be legitimate tag title contenders at some point.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know many have given up on BTE but I still find some worth in it.  However this is easily the worst episode they've had when it's mostly whatever the fuck that Nemeth crap is and now stuff with Howdy and others.

my hope is they're saving up some good stuff for next week's #300. i'm planning that to be my jumping-off point. i still enjoy most of the Dark Order stuff, but all that other garbage is just freaking terrible. the Nemeth stuff being the dirt worst. i've been skipping those segments for months and can't believe they're even still airing them.

• Like 1

Oh man, at first, this was the best episode of WCW Saturday Night since Eddy Guerrero and Chris Benoit did that double knockout match, then it kind of petered out into a bunch forgettable squashes, and then the main event saved it's bacon.  Jay Lethal is awesome.  JD Drake is awesome,  Putting them together with Peter Avalon on the outside in way awesome!  Jay Lethal is the best wrestler in AEW.  Ray Jaz deserves at least a cagematch.net profile.  He is a burgeoning middle weight Fuego del Sol.  Anthony Ogogo keeps getting better.  He's a natural.  Rohit Raju versus Blake Christian is what I'm assuming will be the new ROH midcard.  Christian already has the ROH lack of spray tan,  Raju looked impressive here, more than he ever did in IMPACT!  Anthony Bowen's Airplane Spin VARIATION was truly odd.  AQA didn't do a Shooting Star Press!  Again!  And then the total squash onslaught kicked in.  THEN Marina Shafir showed up!  And she squashes Leyla Grey.  All these squashes upon squashes sets up Powerhouse Hobbs vs Fuedo del Sol.   Hobbs allows Fuego to achieve Lee Scott-levels of taking an assbeating.  Fuego's comeback was fucking beautiful.  GIT FIRED UP!  Hobbs should just use the Spinebuster as his finisher.  AEW RULES!

• Like 10

It is strange how the reversed application of Shafir's ground submissions looks a little more hurtier than the normal one.  It would look even better if she captured an arm and yanked on in addition to the scissor hold compressing the victim's neck and spine.

11 hours ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

Anthony Bowens weird airplan spin was actually an old Claudio spot back in the day. Interesting to see it return.

I thought it was going to be Quack's Black Tornado Slam but then it turned into Claudio's spot.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Jay Lethal has been quietly exceeding expectations since joining the team.  This bout was a nice lead in to tonight’s battle with Bay bay.  

Rohit Rajiu-Blake Christian was terrific.  Rohit looked solid as usual if not better.  Love to see him regularly working the rising low to mid card.  Blake Christian is exactly the type of performer who could benefit from a mask and some Sasuke or Lucha style bodysuit gear.  Not pushing the spray can on Blake, but the tv cameras do have needs.

• Like 2

Last night's Dark/Elevation taping was pretty squashy, but there are a couple of treats to be had next week (or whenever they show the one match), including a cool surprise.

Dark spoilers:

Spoiler

Max Caster and Sonny Kiss had a very solid match, could be a full Worldwide point.

Lee Moriarty and Serpentico had a decent match.

Surprise spoiler, Justin Roberts said it was for Elevation

Spoiler

Roppongi Vice!

• Like 4

Re: Dark Elevation Tapings

Spoiler

Stoked for Caster's digs on Sonny.  Also, stoked for the return of RACHE CHANEL!  And opposite the incomprable Ms. Hayter!  Rapongi Vice! (Starting to dig) The Renegade Twins!  This looks like a far better Elevation than usual.  

• Like 1