DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

You should be able to just copy the link and paste it.  I too was into the battle of the gas stations they had and highly enjoyed the payoff.  Side note:  I wish there was a Buc-ees anywhere close to here as I would be tempted to go nuts on the stuff they have.

I would love to at least try their brisket.  But if that's not an option then I'm down for any recommendations from this third party seller (which Buc-ee's referenced in their FAQ section)  https://texassnax.com  All I know is I made a mistake in looking right before bed because now I'm getting hungry.

EDIT:  Almost forgot you used to live in Texas.  Well, if you missed any of that goodness then there ya go.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I would love to at least try their brisket.  But if that's not an option then I'm down for any recommendations from this third party seller (which Buc-ee's referenced in their FAQ section)  https://texassnax.com  All I know is I made a mistake in looking right before bed because now I'm getting hungry.

My favorites are the jerky, the caramel corn, and the original style nug-ee's. You can't go wrong with the nug-ee's. Also if you are trying to snack a little healthier, great nuts and trail mix.

EDIT:

My parents also like the cinnamon pecans.

https://texassnax.com/products/cinnamon-pecans

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

There is nothing bad at Buc-ee's.

other than the owner and the mask compliance.

My wife and I stop at Buc-ees for the bathrooms and the fountain drinks, since they're so cheap. They do have some good branded snacks and jerky.

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

EDIT:  Almost forgot you used to live in Texas.  Well, if you missed any of that goodness then there ya go.

From that Buc-ees list, just the Nuggets. Their jerky is fine but at the end of the day it's just jerky.

Likewise, Buc-ees brisket is surprisingly decent for a chain convenience superstore but depending on where you live there is probably a BBQ joint in your area that has watched Aaron Franklin's videos and can make a comparable brisket.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JLowe said:

other than the owner and the mask compliance.

My wife and I stop at Buc-ees for the bathrooms and the fountain drinks, since they're so cheap. They do have some good branded snacks and jerky.

Oh, I have no doubt there'd be issues but that's for a conversation I'd rather have elsewhere.  Sometimes I'm best off picking my battles and just want some good food.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1

AEW Dark on a late Sunday afternoon as a stand in for WCW Main Event is a goddamned treat!  Cole-Kaun and Greene-Garcia were fantastic.  And the 2 point Oh post match promo was up there with the highlights of the week.  What a perfect trio.  I might be off from the consensus here, but would it be so wrong for Red Velvet to be more naturally positioned as a heel?  I hate the stir as a babyface and her badmouth seems better explored on the darkside. Also, maybe if possible could a backstage agent or somebody there make a kind suggestion that she nix that awful looking finisher?  I mean, even if you disagree on that comment, how do you set up that move without it being incredibly awkward?  That finish is not helping Red progress.  Nor is the 'Jay-kick' or whatever you call that corner spin kick for Anna Jay.  Nor are the needless and weak roll tucks into her corner moves.  Please, can some agent help her eliminate the bullshit from her arsenal.  I really liked seeing Skye Blue put properly in a competitive match rather than a needless squash.  And I dig those Renegade sisters.  They oughtta develop them for TV.  Leyla seems to be hitting her stride, and that was a nice match with the very solid (at least here) Katalina Perez.  I thought the Blondes looked better on this show than they have in long while.  And the Ass Boys are ready to take-ovah!  I love seeing inexperienced guys whom ppl write off find their way.  I'm sure there's still plenty of detractors out there (they die slowly), but seems clear Colten and Austin r on an upward trajectory.  I had no idea how much fun a heel Dad/sons trio could be.  Man, did I ever love Billy and the Boys killing arrogant Christian on Dynamite.  Thank you Gunns!  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Dog said:

I was never a big fan of BTE, but it seems even more pointless now that 3/4 of it is Brandon Cutler fancam.

Yeah, it's an Adam Cole sketch and Cutler cam. Gonna pass unless the format changes.

Um, did anybody else get the sense that Starks may not have been, as they say, “fit to compete” on this episode? He was acting totally gonzo on the apron and was badly out of position/off on his timing on a lot of stuff. Hobbs seemed annoyed.

7 hours ago, Jiji said:

Yeah, it's an Adam Cole sketch and Cutler cam. Gonna pass unless the format changes.

I don't mind it as it's something to kill the time on Mondays.  But the Nemeth skits always are fast forward material for us.

And as I'm typing this I'll have to rewatch the main but I've been so used to Starks being Starks that I didn't notice anything off.  Maybe he just had a bad night but I don't know if it's fair to imply anything past that.

10 hours ago, EVA said:

Um, did anybody else get the sense that Starks may not have been, as they say, “fit to compete” on this episode? He was acting totally gonzo on the apron and was badly out of position/off on his timing on a lot of stuff. Hobbs seemed annoyed.

I’m curious what you saw that led you to this conclusion.  Seemed like regular eccentric Starks to me.  Good bout.

I admire Brandi Rhodes drive.  She’s certainly not a natural and nobody, myself included, believes she has anything to offer In ring, but still the drive to prove everybody wrong under public scrutiny earns my respect.  I’m sure this is all for the show.  But Brandi not being given automatic tv time (I don’t mean YouTube) seems like a positive sign that no matter what your high level political standing you aren’t just getting a tv spot.  At least not a couple years in. I’m fine with her having dark segments that I can easily scrub passed. Speaking of the show, Rhodes to the top revealing the Brandi-Jade friendship has had me ever since thinking what a money duo they’d be.  With Ms. Rhodes, at her potential best, as the mouthpiece.  Instead we got Mark Sterling standing too tall next to Jade.  Tho, Sterling’s proven to be an asset.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus

Elevation 1/24

Hirsch vs Blake: What's the point of heelier Hirsch if she's not totally killing people. Blake hitting Emi's corner body press makes me badly want to see Emi vs Blake to see what happens. There's a sort of sparring "Let's try this" element to Hirsch's wrestling that I like. A sort of "Almost got you" to things like her cross arm breaker attempt here. I like how they're building that she can hit that knee out of anywhere.

Private Party vs Andretti/Hawkins: Not a lot to say here. They switched things up on the finish which was appreciated. Private Party does cut the ring off well. Not a lot from Andretti relative to his last appearance here. Hawkins was snappier in the little bits he got.

Brandi vs Willow: So hey, I sort of liked this. I thought it was a strong showing. Brandi's little arm manipulation at the start as she exited the ring to be able to use the arm in the ropes was good. The triple kick worked. She took a bunch of Willow's stuff and the roll was effective here since she was rolling out of the way of offense at the last second. It wasn't perfect and there were some unfortunate camera cuts, etc. but I don't have to do a jokey gimmick thing to cover for it. They should just sign Willow already.

Page/Sky vs Laroux/Flower: Not a lot to say on this one. I like the hard stop tag team precision thing MotY do to cause a transition but they shouldn't use it too much. Sky dropping the fake straps is fun. I liked how Flower's arms were flailing all over the place as he went up for the Edge post match. Solid, dominant squash with a little bit of hope for the underdogs.

Velvet vs Kai: Kai has some interesting offense once she gets going. That corner superkick was nasty. Velvet's axe kick was also solid and came out of nowhere (though I know she uses it). Pretty effective to heat Velvet up for Hirsch on Weds. I swear that Velvet takes one big shot every match and is always bemused post-match before she has to turn on the gimmick again. I've seen that maybe three times now, but some of it is that she leans into things I guess. Oh there was one bit of repositioning by Kai that took me out of it.

Santana/Ortiz vs Keller/Goldy: This was on the better side of P&P squashes as in it felt a bit more like an actual match and not just an exhibition and again, I appreciate they have lots of ways to put people down. Just not my thing.

Soho/Rosa vs Bates/Blue: Ok, you can't start a match by getting your opponent in the corner, hitting them in the gut and immediately doing poetry in motion. That's ridiculous. Bates wouldn't just hang out in the corner for that after one gut shot. I get that it was an Elevation appearance against two of the biggest stars, but Bates should lean more into the gimmick if she's going to use it at all. Once it got going, it was fine and I thought Blue looked solid. I'd be curious to see her team with Nightengale actually. I wish Soho figured out how to work HER persona into things more than just sticking her tongue out a lot. In general, I thought Soho and Rosa had good chemistry though.

Starks/Hobbs vs Moriarty/Sydal: I think Starks was just being Starks. Most of what he did and what he took hit clean even if he was full of antics otherwise. Hobbs really ran through guys in a satisfying way. Maybe the best I've seen him protected against name talent in that regard. The double pin was ridiculous; Wight and I agree on that. Sort of thing you can do against enhancement talent but not guys like Sydal. The match suffered by sacrificing a shine to the altar of Hobbs, but it was for a good cause so it's fine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1