DVDVR Message Board

AEW Youtube Nonsense (Dark/Elevation, vlogs, etc.)

NikoBaltimore

Well as Excalibur says "You got to give the people what they want!"  As it says in the title this is a thread to cover Dark, Elevation, vlogs such as BTE and...well...anything else on Youtube.

Depending on how much gets posted here I'm not sure if this will be an evergreen topic or one that's monthly.  But we'll see how things go though I did message Dolfan asking to see about moving YT posts from the AEW thread to here.  Either way have at it.

To start with I am a sucker for Sammy's vlogs.  Even when they're largely directionless I find them quite amusing.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, just drew said:

Just for clarification, what does "nonsense" cover?

It covers everything from Dark and Elevation to stuff like Sammy's vlog and BTE.  So yes @Matt Dand @Curt McGirtthose would be covered here.

Now if you wanted to see what is covered under nonsense then yeah the vlogs count.  Or stuff from AEW Games for that matter.

Where should Unrestricted go? Here, the general thread? the Podcast thread? Because after hearing Abrahantes on that podcast, I found the world's first reason to be disappointed that the FTR/Lucha Bros feud is finally, thankfully over.

I wanted to see that guy eat a spike piledriver for his annoying positivity and mentioning The Secret.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would say probably the podcast thread though there are more eyeballs on the AEW ones.  Here is fine though since I just created it I can always adjust the thread title/theme if necessary.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Where should Unrestricted go? Here, the general thread? the Podcast thread? Because after hearing Abrahantes on that podcast, I found the world's first reason to be disappointed that the FTR/Lucha Bros feud is finally, thankfully over.

I wanted to see that guy eat a spike piledriver for his annoying positivity and mentioning The Secret.

Glad #FTR vs. Lucha Brothers is done with but...

Oh, man, I had a friend who never stopped bleating about the fucking Secret. Got right on my tits.

Edited by The Natural

Since people are appreciating the Accaimed's diss on Sting and Darby last night, I feel like it's time to revisit what they did for Moxley and Kingston.

"Kingston, Ima throw your ass in the garbage; even worse, Ima send you back to Chikara."

• Like 4

On 1/12/2022 at 12:38 PM, Matt D said:

Alex spent time in the Hart dungeon, so he gets my respect...and given his training he probably would take a spike piledriver like a champ lol

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 12:32 AM, Casey said:

Kingston, Adam Cole and Evil Uno played VPW2 on Twitch earlier today so presumably that’s going to be put on the AEW Games channel at some point.

This is heavily edited down from the full hour stream, which was mostly Kingston destroying Ortiz for like 30 minutes and talking a bunch of shit.

The big news coming out of this is that Eddie fucking Kingston might be on the channel soon, playing... KINGDOM HEARTS???

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3

Black Machismo uses the Savage Elbow as a finish. Regular normal human person Jay Lethal's version is nowhere near as powerful.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/16/2022 at 10:01 PM, Casey said:

The big news coming out of this is that Eddie fucking Kingston might be on the channel soon, playing... KINGDOM HEARTS???

Man, my wife already loves the shit out of him as is.  If he does this then this might put her at superfan status.

41 minutes ago, AxB said:

Black Machismo uses the Savage Elbow as a finish. Regular normal human person Jay Lethal's version is nowhere near as powerful.

Fair. But then Jay Lethal shouldn't be doing Macho Man mannerisms before doing it.

Elevation 1/17/22

Sydal/Moriarty vs Miller/Kross: Kross was not working the Dragon Ball gimmick and this happens to be the match where he actually gets some offense, looking like a poor man's Tyler Breeze. Moriarty is well placed in a tag, really, as it lets him hit his stuff but doesn't let it wear out its welcome.

Tay vs Ameera: Some good shots in this one. I like Tay's throws if only because no one else does them. Tay can go from happy-go-lucky to potentially bleeding and pissed and back to happy-go-lucky incredibly quickly. The twist out Bossman Slam was fun.

Gunn Club vs T.I.M. and Cole: Colton really does have a great dropkick. I only like Austin's trip/chop block to the leg when it makes sense in a match as a cutoff or transition. I don't like it to set up other things. Colt 45 looked good here. I wonder what the breaking point with them and Billy is here. If this leads to Billy/Danhausen vs Colton/Austin matches, that'd be pretty surreal. T.I.M. looked ok but I hate typing the periods.

Kazarian vs Kozone: Kazarian is crisp and his matches make sense but he's the sort of guy that I just really don't want to see in a purely enhancement match. Use him to build up someone like Garcia or to give some ring time to an enhancement talent with obvious roster potential like Toa Liona or someone training at the Nightmare Factory (and I can't say Kozone isn't but..). Just don't send him out there to beat someone to pad his record.

Soho vs Paige: Good strikes here, with Paige showing a lot of personality. I don't think the corner facesmash worked out all that well. No Future doesn't look particularly more deadly than Ruby's roundhouse kick (and I hate Taz calling them 'round kicks'; brief aside as he wasn't there) and it feels particularly hard for the camera to catch well. It would be a killer comeback move though.

Private Party vs Emory/Scott: Kassidy and Quen together is a lot of the same thing. I've come to enjoy the Kassidy/Blade pairing recently as there's more contrast. I wouldn't say the thing is even bad. It's just a lot of it. Here, I thought they balanced their showoff offense with cutting off the ring and keeping a guy in a corner well. It wasn't just pure noise.

Lethal vs Moss: Last time Lethal gave the guy a ton and it was because it was a trainee of his. This time? No idea. Maybe because it was slotted in the main event of Elevation? I thought the Lethal Injection set up worked particularly well here and boy does it not always. I'll also say this about Lethal: he really knows how to work out a hold and time it well with the crowd. Maybe 10% of the roster can manage such a feat, if that. You can tell he's a 20 year vet.

Not much happening here. Needed some Eddie Kingston to make up for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1