DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/10 - 1/16/2022

Dolfan in NYC

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

Has anyone had a weirder shift of character recently than Wendy Choo.  Went from a Great Kabuki cosplay to a woman with a sleeping disorder in about 3 months

This company is so damn weird. That said, Wendy's new gimmick and mannerisms are hysterical even if she'd be DOA on the main roster with it. She did a handspring elbow in bunny slippers - that takes talent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Didn't someone in the indies used to have a narcolepsy gimmick? I'm sure I saw someone in chikara do it. 

It's pretty similar to Orange Cassidy's gimmick. He used to spend more time laying on the ring apron if he wasn't tagged in and his splashes/dives were pretty much just him falling over like he was passing out.

There was also Mister Zero in Chikara whose gimmick was of some elderly officeworker and I seem to recall him occasionally doing spots where he'd fall asleep during a match.

Edited by HumanChessgame

It was someone else, since he was still [redacted] at the time. I recall a tag team where one guy was super hyper and one guy was lethargic. 

In the era of Cheech and Cloudy, North Star Express, Olsons, 2.0 appearing in the company. But I don't think it was any of them. I should ask @MushroomJones

Edit: Paul O'Brien (the HTA one) said Hype Rockwell and I think that's right, when he was In a team with Race Jaxon and they wore the High Energy pants. 

Edited by odessasteps

2 minutes ago, Hail Sabin said:

Darkness Crabtree sounds right to me. 

That's what Joe said (it wasn't someone in a costume)

But I think Paul was right when he said Hype Rockwell in NRG. 

Edited by odessasteps

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

But I think Paul was right when he said Hype Rockwell in NRG. 

Hype Rockwell's gimmick in Chikara was definitely chronic narcolepsy.  He eventually found an energy drink and cured himself.  I don't remember Darkness Crabtree's gimmick being narcolepsy.  More like, he would tire easily because of his age (100).

I was prepared to hate the Wendy Choo gimmick, but - last night, at least - it was a lot of fun and a good callback to some of the more absurd 80's/early 90's gimmicks.  I dunno how you do much with it, but I said the same thing about Orange Cassidy, so what do I know?

On 1/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, Pete said:

This company is so damn weird. That said, Wendy's new gimmick and mannerisms are hysterical even if she'd be DOA on the main roster with it. She did a handspring elbow in bunny slippers - that takes talent.

The gimmick is stupid but actually hilarious at the same time. The idea that she is very efficient, but is only willing to expend the very least amount of energy possible, and rests at every opportunity otherwise is funny. If you replace "rests" with "doesn't bother" she actually reminds me of a certain popular citrus.

...seems like everyone has already seen the similarity with OC's charachter and apparently others, too.

Edited by Shartnado
Orange Cassidy was already mentioned a lot...

The 4-way was fun. I liked the Usos introductions and am looking forward to them vs. Viking Raiders.

I prefer seeing actual matches, but that was a nice setup and moment for Aliyah they did with Nattie. 

While I look forward to another Charlotte/Naomi match they really again should have let Naomi beat Sonya's ass. Why they keep dragging this out I have no idea.

The Charlotte/Lita segment was decent. 

Sheamus/Ricochet was good.

What I caught of Roman/Seth didn't really leave me interested in a match between them. Does look liek the crowd will lean towards Roman when the actual match happens which is neat I guess.