DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/10 - 1/16/2022

Dolfan in NYC

AA getting the belts was nice. That's three different partners Gable has won belts with now, so at this rate it's only a matter of time before they're broken up for no reason.

The Big E/Seth match was good but the wrong person won

Cedric and Shelton deserved better than that. Just another example of them throwing a perfectly good and over angle like THB in the crapper.

I was hoping they'd at least attempt to rehab Alexa's gimmick after her last run, but no such luck.

I'm fine with Dewdrop being the placeholder challenger before Mania but that match was the shits. Bianca ended up looking great at the end, so of course something stupid happens to fuck her out of winning.

Thank God there was a turn at the end of that Rhea segment. I kept thinking to myself why the hell they were throwing those two girls out there to die a death in a long, sappy promo in PHILADELPHIA of all places. You could hear the crowd ready to turn on both of them.

The Doudrop push, such that it might be, is still quite amusing - it's like...omg she can actually work, we can have her do all the things we couldn't risk with Nia. Imagine them letting Jax doing the Banzai Drop lol. She should actually just scream Banzai, it might get over.

Hopefully we get an A.S.H and Doudrop tag title run at some point. 

Brock telling knock-knock jokes is surreal.  I'm more interested when he shows some personality.  Smiling, doesn't-give-a-shit Brock is a lot more interesting than baby-faced murder machine who never talks.  The beard and silly haircut have grown on me too.

Maybe having Brock work face is the best use of him.  Feuding with Brock hasn't really elevated anyone.  If they're just going to use him to beat people up and not put anyone over, letting him maul heels might be the way to go.  At least the audience will pop when he suplexes a heel seven times in a row.

Pleasantly surprised Alpha Academy won the titles.  They seem to mostly be jtts who pick up wins when Vince wants to book a short tv feud with Street Profits and wants us to think that AA aren't jtts.

Also surprised Big E dropped a fall to Seth.  Clean, I guess?  Not surprised Seth won the match since he's working Roman at the Rumble, but surprised they didn't protect Big E.

The Rhea-Nikki segment sounds dreadful, but hopefully it gets Rhea back into the singles picture.  Given the size and strength difference, the visual of little Nikki beating on Rhea had to be something.

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

The Rhea-Nikki segment sounds dreadful, but hopefully it gets Rhea back into the singles picture.  Given the size and strength difference, the visual of little Nikki beating on Rhea had to be something.

I was shocked at how believably Rhea sold the sucker punch. The gif is here: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1480731241557209098?s=20

Edited by Iron Moose
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, HumanChessgame said:

I miss crazy, unhinged Nikki from Sanity. Actually I miss Sanity in general. Creative getting rid of perfectly good factions is like a toddler who flushes your car keys for no reason.

Yeah, honestly when they split up Sanity it was around the time the split up Riot Squad and a few other teams.

I'm used to WWE breaking up teams and factions because of their philosophy of Pushing 1 person they have to be separated from the team or group they've been associated with but WWE have done alot of separating acts for no reason at all not even for an angle

Generally enjoyed the minor segments and promos. Looking forward to Grimes/Hayes.

The women's tag was fun. I like the Wendy Choo character. 

Solo/Boa was far more enjoyable than expected.

Styles/Waller was good and probably the best Waller has looked in 2.0.

Edited by Eivion