DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

How often do they even defend the AAA belts?

they haven't since April against the Bucks on Dynamite, but their next defense is in a couple weeks which would be in line with potentially dropping all of their titles one after the other as suggested

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone subscribe to Honor Club? Recommend it? Was going to get Wrestle Universe but maybe I’ll go with Honor Club instead.

EDIT ADD ON: and to clarify, it will have all the 03-05 shows, right?

Edited by Octopus

RoH was great but it always was feeding talent to WWE and TNA. If the matches and booking is good, sweet. If not, boooooo. If it’s main evented by Claudio and filled with great talent that are not big enough names yet for Dynamite, fine.
The trick will be showcasing the talent. If the matches are good and people actually buy the app, I’m sure talent that would be on Dark wouldn’t mind being on RoH.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Octopus said:

RoH was great but it always was feeding talent to WWE and TNA. If the matches and booking is good, sweet. If not, boooooo. If it’s main evented by Claudio and filled with great talent that are not big enough names yet for Dynamite, fine.
The trick will be showcasing the talent. If the matches are good and people actually buy the app, I’m sure talent that would be on Dark wouldn’t mind being on RoH.

I'd honestly replace Claudio with Joe. I think Joe has the name value and has been a world champion in numerous other places (TNA, NXT) so he has that big name that comes with him. Not a knock on Claudio, but for the fans eyes - I would think Samoa Joe would be a much better "name" to be at the top of the RoH hierarchy. Plus it gives the guy who beats him a "holy shit, he beat JOE" push as well. Plus AEW has MORE than enough hosses that they would suffice. Wardlow, Powerhouse Hobbs, BIG BILL, Archer, etc.

• Like 4

On 12/14/2022 at 11:32 AM, wpdougie2180 said:

Rumors circulating that ROH combining with New Japan Strong in some way is a strong possibility. And that is what Tony was hinting at in the scrum. That would certainly be a choice if true. 

I'll repost what I put in another thread. All the AEW shows for Q1 2023 are up except one. Only two separate Rampage tapings. Strong is usually taped in North Carolina, Philly or at an LA studio setting.

• Like 1

Hiroshi Tanahashi: NJPW Strong coming to an end with Nemesis TV taping

Following a Christmas Eve tweet from NJPW president Takami Ohbari indicating change was coming to NJPW Strong, Hiroshi Tanahashi confirmed as much in a blog post, saying it is coming to "an end" with Saturday's Nemesis taping in Los Angeles, California.

In the post, Tanahashi wrote in Japanese (translated via Google to English), "#NJPWSTRONG, which has been going on for over two years, will come to an end with this recording. It seems that overseas tournaments will be announced in a different form in the future. Members of New Japan Pro-Wrestling World and strong viewers..."

On December 24th, Ohbari tweeted that Strong would be "rebuilt" in 2023

The weekly TV series debuted in August 2020 and is produced by their NJPW of America arm as part of the group's expansion into the U.S. With their own titles, NJPW Strong includes NJPW roster members in addition to North American talent like Josh Alexander, Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta, and others.

Further adding to the speculation about the future of Strong is AEW & ROH owner Tony Khan's comments about ROH TV following December's Final Battle. As he was talking about how ROH's eventual weekly TV show will be on HonorClub at some point in 2023, he mentioned several times about NJPW being involved but didn't go into specific details.

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 2

Oh right, this thread. 

If you want to discuss ROH, and who doesn't want to talk about Ring of Honor in the year of our lord, 2-0-2-3... use the monthly AEW thread. 

Later ROH-bots. 

• Like 2