DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

#FTR vs. Briscoe Brothers III has to go on last right? It's the biggest match on the show overshadowing Jericho/Castagnoli. Brings back the talk whether the big match gets the main event or the world title as it's the most important title in the promotion.

I think so. Nothing is gonna follow that. 

Edited by Bill S. Preston ESQ.
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

Can't see Briscoes going 0-3 vs. #FTR. Briscoes also had a visual pinfall on #FTR in the second match when the referee was out. Briscoes regain the ROH World Tag Team Titles.

Have to agree - which is interesting timing with whatever the TV/streaming announcement may or not be, given that we know Turner (or at least the previous regime) didn't want dem boys on television.

I guess, to phrase it differently: if we haven't heard about a TV deal by the time that match goes to the ring, and the Briscoes go over (as logic would dictate) then it probably isn't going to be on a WBD station/outlet.

(Assuming that rumor was 1) true, and 2) still applies with 'the new man in charge.')

• Like 1

Just now, zendragon said:

I wonder if FTR are going on hiatus for a bit and they put over The Acclaimed on Wednesday and now they are going to put over Dem Boys?

If the reports of FTR (or Dax at least) wanting to leave when their contract expires in April are true, when else would they have a chance to put the Briscoes over

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That's a lot of titles to forfeit.

Drop the RoH belts here, drop the IWGP belts on the 4th, and honestly, a vacated AAA belt is pretty par for their course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

If the reports of FTR (or Dax at least) wanting to leave when their contract expires in April are true, when else would they have a chance to put the Briscoes over

The report in question, unless I'm mistaken, refers to Dax Harwood's interview with Fightful where he suggested that they may 'Take a year off, maybe'. He sounds to me like he's spitballing ideas for the sake of the interview.

https://youtu.be/8gn0bKSb04M?t=973

Both Dax and Cash also said or wrote that their great 2022 would mean nothing if they didn't beat the Acclaimed. A match they pretty likely (er certainly) knew the finish of. Dax is rarely without his working boots when holding a mic. I'm gonna make a wild prediction and say they're both very happy with where they're at and that they, FTR, will be featured on either AEW or ROH TV well passed April.

All that said, very excited for a potential Briscoes win. 

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

gonna make a wild prediction and say they're both very happy with where they're at and that they, FTR, will be featured on either AEW or ROH TV well passed April.

All that said, very excited for a potential Briscoes win. 

You touched on exactly why I think this is the perfect place for a Briscoes win (and I'm sorry to keep harping on this point, because I know I mentioned it earlier to Natural) but if this is where we find out about ROH streaming/TV, then this is (regardless of the 'right' booking necessitating it in this third bout) where the titles go on the full-time, ROH 'originals' in The Briscoes, and FTR (after dropping the IWGP HWs and the AAAs, and taking a nice vacation and/ or tour of the indies and/or overseas)returns to AEW TV refreshed and continues seeking the AEW titles against whoever it may be by then, or maybe they add one of their allies like Wardlow or someone and go after the trios titles as a fun diversion (and a nice, easy dip of the toes back into the AEW pool after having been off for a bit).

• Like 3

Jericho mentioned on his podcast that they wanted to bring in either PCO, Chris Hero, or Dragon Lee for the ROH Champ challenge but all 3 were unavailable and they considered Christopher Daniels before Tony decided on Ishii. 

Assuming Claudio wins it back, the Ocho was a hell of a run.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

It’d be a fine match, but Tony’s trying to move PPVs. What are we even doing here? 

Plus, the Gunn Club can pick the bones of FTR, AFTER they barely survive the Briscoes for the third time and take the ROH tag titles from FTR who are still weakened by losing probably a pint of blood, each, in that match?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

No report said that. Dax said they might want to take some time off. No one has even hinted at them leaving. Good God…

• Like 3

2 hours ago, just drew said:

No report said that. Dax said they might want to take some time off. No one has even hinted at them leaving. Good God…

Where have you been? The latest board spin from the gimmicks is that FTR are going back to Papa H because Tony Khan won’t put the AEW tag belts on them. 

Yes I know they said they wanted to do an indy run for a year so they can work less and heal up and do dream matches. I am just letting you know how far this thing has been spun on here. TK didn’t just buy ROH. All the haters were included too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1