DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

I've been trying my hardest to remain spoiler-free for the past week I have been in Belgium for holiday. I did, however,  just purchase the Death Before Dishonor 2022 PPV on FITE. I saw a glimpse of what the ROH title match will be. I think this will turn out to be a worthwhile purchase. I'd just like to have more Brian Cage in my diet. Ok, I actually mean in my watching digest, or something?

Dreams can come true. I said goddamn goddamn! 

The Briscoes are officially home in ROH for the long-term, with Tony Khan confirming on Thursday that they’re signed on. During a media call for this weekend’s Death Before Dishonor, Khan confirmed that Mark and Jay Briscoe are among those signed to the company that had not yet been announced.

“The Briscoes are a great example of that,” Khan said (per Fightful). “The Briscoes are under contract to Ring of Honor and they are under long-term contracts and I think there are some other developmental wrestlers, but really, the key, probably the biggest names that are exclusively signed to Ring of Honor are The Briscoes. They are some of the biggest names in Ring of Honor history, they are Hall of Famers.”

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Could you even have a Ring of Honor without the Briscoes? And that card is hot fire. 

Yeah, you need to throw money at these red-neck bastards, like it or not! Shower dollars at these *censored* *censored* super-talented hillbillies! Redneck Steiners, indeed!

15 hours ago, Matt D said:

They should bring in Tyler Breeze to team with Dalton Castle.

Bringing in Breeze to work with young wrestlers and occasionally wrestle wouldn't be the worst idea.

Edited by Log
  • Like 5

I've been really busy this week and haven't had time to watch much wrestling aside from Dynamite. But I did pre-order the PPV for tomorrow night and I am EXCITED!! I did manage to squeeze in the preview show on my lunch break yesterday since it was a work from home day and that got me really hyped. 

I'm gonna order a giant pizza (or make one if I find a good one at the store tomorrow), get me a 2 Liter of strawberry soda and enjoy the hell out of this show tomorrow!

• Like 4

On 7/22/2022 at 12:13 PM, HarryArchieGus said:

What's a good Tyler Breeze match to check out? I've only seen a handful of highlights, but he looked impressive and likely underutilized by 'New York'.

He had a really fun one with Jushin Liger at an nXt takeover a few years ago. I can’t remember which one…

• Like 1

God fucking damn it.  Fightful:

Update on Tully Blanchard/AEW/ROH
It doesn't look like we'll be seeing Tully Blanchard moving forward in AEW or ROH.

On the ROH Death Before Dishonor show, Tully Blanchard Enterprise's leader didn't appear with his stable, and it was later revealed in storyline that Prince Nana had acquired the group. Fightful Select learned that Blanchard was not at the show. There were mixed messages as to whether or not Blanchard outright missed his travel or there was confusion surrounding the travel, but we're told that Blanchard's prison ministry group was cited as the reason he wasn't there.

Talent and staff in ROH that inquired were told that Blanchard is effectively gone from the company, and isn't figured in to plans moving forward.

Blanchard had worked in AEW, managing FTR until that relationship was dissolved.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. there are no heels today that give off "i will stab you to win and get paid better" vibes like Tully. His presence will be sorely missed. Khan, so soon after bringing in Slim J, back in his flop era.

• Sad 2

On 7/22/2022 at 11:13 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

What's a good Tyler Breeze match to check out? I've only seen a handful of highlights, but he looked impressive and likely underutilized by 'New York'.

He did some good work in his first run in NXT against Sami, Liger, and I think Apollo Crews if I recall correctly. He also had a nice team with Fandango. They had a good match with the Usos worth checking out and some solid stuff in their last run in NXT.

• Like 2

I've been excited to see this new ROH come together, but the lack of regular TV, especially coming off a big PPV, is starting to wear on my patience. It's smart to run major angles on AEW without TV, but it also consequently means we have a 'bloated roster' of title belts. Here's hoping they either quickly find a weekly outlet or figure out some way to progress separetely from AEW (maybe on youtube). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hail Sabin said:

Breezango's Fashion Police was so over it got The Ascension over! 

Ascension was one of the earliest examples to me of bring-em-up-then-fuck-em. They were NXT champs for a year, how do you blow that? Even the Wasteland stuff with Stardust got over to a small degree on the undercard. They deserved better IMO.

• Like 1

Fightful on the latest re: Gresham:

Update On Jonathan Gresham-WWE
Jonathan Gresham doesn't figure into AEW/ROH creative plans as of now after asking for his release.

Fightful Select reported Sunday that Gresham asked for his release from the company. The situation was confirmed by both sides as "getting heated" privately. However, we were told from the AEW side of things, they were happy with how the match between Gresham and Claudio Castagnoli came off, and many respected the professionalism of him continuing with the match. Despite the heated nature of the conversation, it didn't appear that any bridges were burned. We also have yet to get a confirmation that a release was granted.

We've learned that there was interest from "at least three companies" before Gresham ended up signing with AEW/ROH, but it was also said that his immediate feelings were that he was done with wrestling for a while. Many of his co-workers believe that Gresham loves wrestling too much for that to be a reality, however.

We have not heard of any connection between Jonathan Gresham and Tully Blanchard leaving, and haven't heard any indication that one or the other were particularly attached to their on-screen pairing.

There's an actual rumor going around that, during his heated argument with TK, Gresham brought up his PWI 500 ranking as evidence of why he should have a certain spot in the company.  I want that to be true so bad.  That's like the story about the wrestler who tried to cash the gimmick check for the battle royal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Technico Support said:

There's an actual rumor going around that, during his heated argument with TK, Gresham brought up his PWI 500 ranking as evidence of why he should have a certain spot in the company.  I want that to be true so bad.  That's like the story about the wrestler who tried to cash the gimmick check for the battle royal.

That's fucking hilarious.

4 hours ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

With Claudio stating that he won March Madness as winning argument. 

Bryan Danielson was robbed dammit!

• Like 2