DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

5 hours ago, Matt D said:

I kind of wonder what we're getting. Is it going to be Tully's team of Toa and the other guy challenging FTR or will it be bigger names (Rush/Andrade would be awesome and Rush is a ROH legacy guy but I doubt they'll do that). I could sort of see it be Gresham vs Moriarty vs Cage, maybe?

We know now that Khan cares enough about ROH that he was going to debut Cesaro there.

Garcia vs Yuta and Mercedes vs Deeb should be really good though.

I sense the Briscoes recent run of losses and worked injuries (Mark being Pillmanized) in Impact that they might be free for a rematch against FTR. I know the 'some exec doesn't want them' story, but I'm hopeful that's not written in stone and time softens that stance. And what better way to kick off the new run than with FTR-Briscoes 2! If not that I'm for @DEAN's willing of an Aussie Open-FTR dream match. I'll also accept a Bucks-Briscoes match after the Supercard Superkick party. I also love that idea of FTR v Roosh and Andrade. Or Rooshsky and his brother Dragon Lee. Again, I've heard the rumblings of ppl holding grudges over Lee's botch injuring Hiromu, but I can't see TK never giving a guy this talented a chance. I also hope we see Bandido back in the fold here. I suspect Tully's boys will be rightfully working their way up the ladder before getting a shot at the straps. Kaun has looked good in his appearances, but Toa looked many shades of green at the Supercard. I also hope they find a way to develop Cage before thrusting him into any sort of important position. Whether or not he's able to make the necessary adjustments is another story, but fitting him into Tully's enterprises is a wisely progressive move. I'm also curious to see how long they keep the title on Gresham? I dig him, but he's not exactly the most marketable performer, and seems better fit in the middle with the Pure title. And I too expect Yuta-Garcia and Deeb-Mercedes to be nothing short of fantastic. Here's hoping they get the TV situation figured out and are able to announce something at the PPV. Regardless, very stoked. Love the simple new logo design. Feels in line with the prime era logo, and thankfuly away from the bad Goldie tattoo of the propaganda news organization era.

p.s. now please join me in my attempt to WILL the licensing of Barry Manilow's 'Copacabana' for the great Colt Cabana! And let's party like it's Oh Five!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Matt D said:

I kind of wonder what we're getting. Is it going to be Tully's team of Toa and the other guy challenging FTR or will it be bigger names (Rush/Andrade would be awesome and Rush is a ROH legacy guy but I doubt they'll do that). I could sort of see it be Gresham vs Moriarty vs Cage, maybe?

I'm SUPER excited that ROH is back on PPV! That poster/graphic looks awesome. I just hope that it's on Honor Club as well. I have a feeling it won't be though. Also, I hope that Ian and Caprice remain as the commentary team. They are so good together!

As far as a possible card, I was thinking about this the other day and here's what I came up with as far as a potential card (which is pretty much what everyone else has commented on):
* ROH World Title: Jonathan Gresham vs. Brian Cage
* ROH TV Title: Samoa Joe vs. Jay Lethal
* ROH Women's Title: Mercedes Martinez vs. Serena Deeb
* ROH Pure Title: Wheeler Yuta vs. Daniel Garcia

For the tag titles, I do like the idea of FTR vs. Andrade & Rush. However, I'm probably reading too much into this but isn't it convenient how the Briscoes were written out of Against All Odds just as the next ROH PPV was announced? Its a long shot but possibly FTR vs. Briscoes II?

• Like 3

Brian Cage v Jonathan Gresham is a strange match that oddly intrigues me. And does play to Tully's choice words and challenge to Gresham and Moriarty on Rampage. What are the chances of a Chris Hero signing and reformation of the Kings of Wrestling in ROH? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Brian Cage v Jonathan Gresham is a strange match that oddly intrigues me. And does play to Tully's choice words and challenge to Gresham and Moriarty on Rampage. What are the chances of a Chris Hero signing and reformation of the Kings of Wrestling in ROH? 

Infinitely more likely than Chris Hero signing to AEW sans Claudio being there first.

• Like 1

• Samoa Joe (c) vs Jay Lethal (ROH TV title)
  • Wheeler YUTA (c) vs Daniel Garcia (ROH Pure title)
  • Probable: FTR (c) vs The Briscoes (ROH World Tag Team titles)
  • Probable: Mercedes Martinez (c) vs Serena Deeb (ROH Women's World title)
  • Probable: Jonathan Gresham (c) vs Lee Moriarty (ROH World title)

And IWTV posted this yesterday out of nowhere... ? Just a reminder to everyone what YUTA and Garcia can do if they're given the chance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

With the matches they announced yesterday and then FTR challenging the Briscoes out of nowhere, I'm definitely ordering this PPV. 

Still kinda hoping they'll stream it on Honor Club as well but guessing that might be a no go if it's on BR Live.

• Like 2

He needed to slow it down to about half speed, but solid-speak from Garcia. He's such a believable and nasty little bastard.

The Briscoes were mentioned by name on a Warner Discovery broadcast, and that seems like a huge step, but do we see Mark and Jay on TV before this PPV? Surely there will be a match graphic with their scary looking mugs. The long game question is has the Warner Exec or those blocking Mark and Jay's debut softened, or is this a one and done on a non-Warner broadcasted PPV? I'm thinking (or just maybe hoping) somebody's been convinced and the apologies have been accepted by the right ppl in question. I also suspect the weekly TV/stream is in place and will be announced at the PPV.

• Like 3

Got two tickets to the PPV.  

My buddy The Gi Man is going with.  I recently had to kick him out of my simfed because he kept threatening to quit the simfed.  I expect a stiff conversation in the car ride down from Cow Hampshire to “Fackin’” Lowell.

This is all true.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2022 at 10:32 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

I also suspect the weekly TV/stream is in place and will be announced at the PPV.

I’m thinking the same thing. If they can’t get on TV, then probably the next best bet would Thursday on YouTube or replacing one of the Dark shows. I still say dropping Elevation is the best way to go. Film “Dark” before Dynamite and do ROH tapings at Universal to start with and plug it in to the Elevation slot.

• Like 2

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/ring-of-honor/roh-announces-revamping-of-honorclub

Ring of Honor's HonorClub streaming service is currently undergoing a "revamping."

ROH announced today that it is "currently revamping its HonorClub program with enhanced elements and functionality." During the revamping, new sign-ups to HonorClub won't be accepted. Current memberships will be extended "at no additional cost until the refreshed HonorClub platform is launched in early fall 2022."

The price for the revamped HonorClub will be $9.99 per month. New ROH events won't be available on HonorClub until 60 days after the shows happen.

ROH wrote:

Ring of Honor is also currently revamping its HonorClub program with enhanced elements and functionality. During this ongoing transformation, there will be a pause on accepting new memberships. Current memberships (as of July 16, 2022), will be extended at no additional cost until the refreshed HonorClub platform is launched in early fall 2022.

Fans will be able to subscribe to HonorClub for a monthly fee of $9.99. New HonorClub content will become available 60 days after the events happen live.

Sign up here to be notified of all updates and announcements related to HonorClub.

Note that any refund requests by current members will be compensated with a $10 ShopHonor/ PWTees credit for every month remaining on the subscription. For questions or additional information, please email [email protected].

ROH's Death Before Dishonor pay-per-view, which is taking place next Saturday (July 23) won't be available live on HonorClub. It will be carried via Bleacher Report and traditional PPV in the United States and Fite TV and PPV.com internationally.

Death Before Dishonor will be the second ROH event of the Tony Khan era. It was announced this March that Khan had purchased the promotion

• Like 1

Good on them for revamping Honor Club. It wasn’t very user friendly and was missing a good bit of the archives from 2007-09 plus the HDNet episodes (which I’m not ever sure they own). ROH should follow Impact’s lead and run monthly “Honor Club Exclusive” specials on the months where they’re not having a PPV.

Is it possible that TK uses Honor Club for the AEW archives as well? I’d say yes if he can’t work out a deal with Warner/Discovery. That plus ROH specials would definitely make it worth the $9.99 a month. 

• Like 1