DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

• 2 weeks later...

Tony Khan is working on getting tv for ROH.  

ROH won't be the secondary promotion to AEW but stand side by side with AEW. So ROH will neither be the b brand and secondary brand. 

Impossible to do. If you're not first you're last. The great Ricky Bobby can't be wrong.

In all seriousness there's no way they can be actual equals that stand side by side. One is going to have better TV distribution or a better roster or better buy rates. You can try and make them seem like equals. But the fans are going to be able to tell which one is the A brand and which one is the B brand, even if they don't position it that way from a marketing stand point.

• Like 3

TK with some ROH notes from the DON Media call... 

On whether there's a timeline for ROH live events and TV, Khan said he's still working on it.  They've gotten some "very kind interest" and pointed out they are being hosted in Los Angeles next week by Warner Bros. Discovery.  He's looking forward to conversations about ROH and how to expand the current and future AEW programming as they start the fourth year of the company.  He would love to get a ROH weekly series broadcasting or streaming "very soon" and he's hopeful they'll have ROH TV and keep the ROH PPV calendar going as well.  They have great wrestlers and champions right now.  He feels its the strongest position ROH has ever been in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Yep.  They also said Rampage would not be the B show.

I like Rampage a lot.  It's an easy to digest, fun to watch hour.  But it's totally the B show.

I have posited that they frequently switch places, actually, and gotten some agreement on that based on reviews here. There are definitely some bummy, overlong Dynamites followed by some smoking Rampages.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I have posited that they frequently switch places, actually, and gotten some agreement on that based on reviews here. There are definitely some bummy, overlong Dynamites followed by some smoking Rampages.

there are plenty of weeks where Rampage is the BETTER show, but it's still the B show. one is live and has the biggest names. the other is taped. 'nuff said.

17 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Yep.  They also said Rampage would not be the B show.

I like Rampage a lot.  It's an easy to digest, fun to watch hour.  But it's totally the B show.

Especially the last month with the NBA playoffs.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 3:05 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Fightful is reporting they're aiming for July 23 for Death Before Dishonor in Lowell, Massachusetts. 

As I mentioned on another board, really hope this is happening!

If Honor Club is still a thing, then I hope it streams on there and isn't a standalone PPV on Fite.

That might also be where they announce if/when the weekly TV comes back. 

I suppose if the show is happening, then we might hear something about it on Dynamite and/or Rampage this week.

• 3 weeks later...

PWInsider reports that an announcement on what’s next for Ring of Honor (ROH) event is expected to be made in the coming days. Last night’s AEW Rampage show also featured appearances by ROH World Champion Jonathan Gresham and announcer Caprice Coleman.

According to the report, Coleman and Ian Riccaboni are expected to continue on as the voices for ROH.

Caprice Coleman has been a breath of fresh air during his recent AEW commentary joins. He and Riccaboni might be the next best team to Hannifan and Rehwoldt in Impact. 

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Caprice Coleman has been a breath of fresh air during his recent AEW commentary joins. He and Riccaboni might be the next best team to Hannifan and Rehwoldt in Impact. 

I think Riccaboni should be next in line for an AEW announcers gig whenever Schiavone or Ross retire. I have all the time in the world for that man.

• Like 7

On the media scrum, Tony confirmed July 23 in Lowell MA for ROH Death Before Dishonor. No matches announced but he brought up the various ROH things on AEW TV leading up to it (Joe/Lethal, Mercedes/Serena, etc) FTR will likely defend the ROH Tags before then and Yuta is defending the Pure title against Tony Nese on Dark this week. He said there's been a lot of talk about ROH getting weekly TV and he'd love to provide it. He's talked to WarnerDiscovery about AEW projects and ROH, so he's hopeful and optimistic they will get weekly ROH TV back. 

289182533_1060182444633202_8418492589784

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 7

I kind of wonder what we're getting. Is it going to be Tully's team of Toa and the other guy challenging FTR or will it be bigger names (Rush/Andrade would be awesome and Rush is a ROH legacy guy but I doubt they'll do that). I could sort of see it be Gresham vs Moriarty vs Cage, maybe?

We know now that Khan cares enough about ROH that he was going to debut Cesaro there.

Garcia vs Yuta and Mercedes vs Deeb should be really good though.

• Like 3

The Rampage thread is already closed, but what's this about Adam Cole shaving his head into a faux-hawk and joining Tully Blanchard Enterprises? What now? Brian Cage?!? Well, that's even better! Oh, man that faction gets me SO excited, I may go all Daddy Magic up in here!

• Haha 1