DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

31 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Chavo had a tantrum over being removed from the AEW website's roster page without notice.  He pretty quickly aired his self created dirty laundry to some press after calling TK and failing to receive a return call in what he considered due time.  An exhausted and annoyed TK addressed it at the post PPV mediascrum saying he'd had an unusually busy week (PPV plus Dynamite, Rampage and Universal Studio tapings), but that he planned to call Chavo back. 

Whiny little Chavo ought to go full Fonzie mode at the ROH show and bleed a couple buckets as a thank you for still having a job. 

Complete with Chavo dressed like Fonzie blowing a whistle throughout the match. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

There was drama as to why Chavo was removed from Andrade?

I am very pro-AEW & pro-Tony Khan but that was an unfair account of what happened.

Chavo was Andrade's manager. He also is the stunt coordinator for Young Rock. He asked for / informed Tony he'd need time off for a few months to shoot it. TK gave it the okay. They did an angle to "fire" him on TV to write him off. During that time Andrade's presentation changed a little and there wasn't much of a need for Chavo in the story anymore. While still filming Young Rock he had been removed from the website. He noticed and tweeted about being fired without notice. He was on a per night deal, so he wouldn't technically need to be fired. They just figured they didn't need him anymore. But they didn't notify him of that. And TK said he owed him a phone call.

I don't think there was any malice or bad faith on Tony's part. But I also don't see anything wrong with Chavo being upset. He was given an okay and told there'd be a role for him when shooting was done. By the optics of it, his role was eliminated without any notice. That would annoy anyone. Maybe TK had a different role in mind and was just keeping kayfabe getting him off the site. Who knows. But still a legitimate reason to be annoyed in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Didn't Chavo's work with the Young Rock TV show go a few months over what he originally told AEW he'd be gone for? I swear I read that. Or maybe TK said that at the scrum, I can't remember. It was something like Chavo and TK agreed he'd be written off TV to do the Young Rock stuff and it was for a set amount of time, but then it went past the date Chavo said. Not saying it was malicious or anything on Chavo's part, but I'm pretty sure that's part of the story as well.

Either way it's a non-starter. Calling the head of the #2 wrestling promotion in America during a PPV week and immediately running to the dirt sheets about it is a little wack, but they should have informed Chavo about the removal from the website (but, also, to be fair - he was fired on TV, so why should he stay on the roster page?)

• Like 1

I'm not so sure your additional details explain anything more than was needed.  I think it's fair to assume he's aware of the AEW run.  I agree there's nothing wrong with Chavo being upset, but tweeting and whining to the press before talking to Tony is where our opinions differ.  

10 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Complete with Chavo dressed like Fonzie blowing a whistle throughout the match. 

Please!  I miss the chaotic sounds of random whistles.  I miss Fonzie too.

12 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I'm not so sure your additional details explain anything more than was needed.

?

12 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Chavo had a tantrum...

Whiny little Chavo...

Figured an objective take was needed, since yours was full of derogatory trash.

Zero need to take shots at Chavo for what was a legitimate grievance. Just like there is zero need to take any shots at TK because he handled it in a respectful & ethical way. I don't think your portrayal was very accurate. If it was, there's no chance TK would still be up for finding him a role. Slow down on your hero worship. TK is a breath of fresh air for the industry but he's not some deity demanding our worship. Nor does a talent deserve to be treated like garbage because they feel wronged in a situation.

Edited by NoFistsJustFlips
Typo
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

?

Figured an objective take was needed, since yours was full of derogatory trash.

Zero need to take shots at Chavo for what was a legitimate grievance. Just like there is zero need to take any shots at TK because he handled it in a respectful & ethical way. I don't think your portrayal was very accurate. If it was, there's no chance TK would still be up for finding him a role. Slow down on your hero worship. TK is a breath of fresh air for the industry but he's not some deity demanding our worship. Nor does a talent deserve to be treated like garbage because they feel wronged in a situation.

Fellow poster, it really isn't necessary for you take differing views so personally and start chucking insults.  I don't worship TK, but I certainly support him being able to professionally deal with his employees rather than them taking it to social media and any sort of press.  Let's be okay with agreeing to disagree.  You're clearly passionate in your wrestling fandom.  Whether we agree or not on any given point should not be an invitation to fling inflammatory comments.  This is a big day of wrestling.  I am terribly excited about this ROH PPV and hope you are too.  If yes, I will look forward to your thoughts on the action before or after.  In relation to said PPV here's a podcast interview with Ian Riccaboni...  

Riccaboni is a class act.  Love is friendly approach.  I rate him just behind or right up there with the best, or at least my personal favorite, Impact's Tom Hannifan.  Caprice Coleman is an underrated sidekick.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

Is somebody mad at Rhett Titus for some reason?

Cuz Suzuki is gonna be mad at him for no reason.

While I'm sure it won't happen I really wanna see Suzuki maul Titus like a grizzly bear and then hold an American title so there's reason to keep bringing him back to the states 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

While I'm sure it won't happen I really wanna see Suzuki maul Titus like a grizzly bear and then hold an American title so there's reason to keep bringing him back to the states 

Yeah, I was wondering about this.  Since Rhett Titus is now NWA midcard, I can only assume Suzuki is going to destroy him.  It's like if TK bought AEW and Peter Avalon had the TNT title.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DEAN said:

Yeah, I was wondering about this.  Since Rhett Titus is now NWA midcard, I can only assume Suzuki is going to destroy him.  It's like if TK bought AEW and Peter Avalon had the TNT title.

I'm really looking forward to Titus-Suzuki for this reason.  It's fun watching Minoru go toe to toe with the big boys, but I can imagine the destruction of Rhett Titus may be even better.

• Like 1

Suzuki was actually nice to someone this week (that gif of him and the kid) so I'm sure there is a lot of pent up boiling rage inside him. Rhett Titus was 34 years old. 

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just about to sign my first deal with the Club.  

32 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Rhett Titus is hiding his fear.

That arena set-up has me wondering how many tix they've been able to sell.  Really hoping for a boisterous crowd.  Also, hoping Bobby Cruise handles the ceremonial duties.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Fellow poster, it really isn't necessary for you take differing views so personally and start chucking insults.  I don't worship TK, but I certainly support him being able to professionally deal with his employees rather than them taking it to social media and any sort of press.  Let's be okay with agreeing to disagree.  You're clearly passionate in your wrestling fandom.  Whether we agree or not on any given point should not be an invitation to fling inflammatory comments.

Fair enough. Good points too. No sense squabbling over semantics. I'm very pro-performer. So I get a little too fired up sometimes when I perceive something to be unfairly slanted against the workers. Different opinions are good for wrestling. Wrestling above all else isn't just one singular thing, it's a bunch of weird things rolled into one odd and beautiful display of spandex & baby oil lol.

• Like 1

...updated ticket sale numbers for upcoming AEW events, which includes tonight’s ROH Supercard of Honor on Dallas. That show currently has 1,633 tickets out. (Observer)

Any idea what the last Garland AEW show did or what the capacity would likely be with considerations to the set-up?

EDIT: Not sure if it was the last Garland show, but I have a report showing 5,688 for a Fyter Fest in 2021.  Here's hoping the walk up is overly strong.

Edited by HarryArchieGus

7 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

Any idea what the last Garland AEW show did or what the capacity would likely be with considerations to the set-up?

EDIT: Not sure if it was the last Garland show, but I have a report showing 5,688 for a Fyter Fest in 2021.  Here's hoping the walk up is overly strong.

Winter is Coming was the last show in December 2021. This says it sold about 95% of the tickets, for a capacity of just over 6,100.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/aew-winter-is-coming-nearing-a-ticket-sellout/#:~:text=As of yesterday%2C The Curtis,capacity of about 6%2C180 people.

• Like 1