DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2022... in AEW

Peck

On 3/24/2022 at 2:48 PM, Gorman said:

Thanks! Fortunately, Gabe and I managed to do the commentary without having to stay up all night. That's good because I drove eight hours to Philly before taping the shows. This was before they moved the taping sessions to Florida. I didn't know he was doing a character - I just knew he was the booker, so I wanted to make sure he got in all of his storyline points. I responded on Twitter to make sure Coach Tony keeps the commentary for our shows intact.  

I haven't seen the ROH shows you announced...really looking forward to seeing them and checking out your calls when TK gets them streamed! ????

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Infinit said:

I haven't seen the ROH shows you announced...really looking forward to seeing them and checking out your calls when TK gets them streamed! ????

Thanks! They were Glory By Honor, Scramble Madness, All-Star Extravaganza, and Night of the Butcher.

I also ring announced Revenge on the Prophecy, Wrath of the Racket, The Battle Lines Are Drawn, Reborn Stage 2, and World Title Classic.

• Like 3

This week's ROH TV is Jonathan Gresham's title defense Highlights Against Cody Chhung & an unnamed wrestler from BodySlam in Denmark. Also the Pure Title Finals against Tracy Williams & in Full Gresham vs. Lethal from Final Battle. 

I really hope they get Bandido's paper work sorted.  I need to start seeing his fantastic act weekly.  

Per PWInsider, Bandido’s work visa is expected to soon expire. ROH wasn’t looking to get the work visas renewed for their talents ahead of the recent acquisition of the company by Tony Khan. It was confirmed earlier this month that none of the previous ROH stars were under contract any longer as well.

Johnson noted if Bandido is unable to get short-term renewal on his work visa soon, he likely will have to return to working in Mexico and won’t be appearing at US indie events later this year until he receives a new work visa.

Also, here's Coach TK talking a potential bout for Deonna...

Edited by HarryArchieGus

On 3/26/2022 at 2:30 AM, Hail Sabin said:

This week's ROH TV is Jonathan Gresham's title defense Highlights Against Cody Chhung & an unnamed wrestler from BodySlam in Denmark. Also the Pure Title Finals against Tracy Williams & in Full Gresham vs. Lethal from Final Battle. 

That Cody Chunn guy looked good.  I saw on cagematch.net that he had been on Dark twice and was a Buddy Wayne trainee.  EDIT: According to said cagematch.net, the unnamed Danish dude is Emeritus.

• Like 1

I wonder how long this Ring of Honor TV thing is.   I mean will they show this week shows in the next couple weeks of TV to fill the remaining weeks they have the contract?  Or just keep showing a ton of Best of.   which given that we have seen Joe vs Kobashi,  Danielson vs Nigel, and the Dragon Gate 6 man in the span of a month I will definitely not complain about

Per PWInsider, Bandido’s work visa is expected to soon expire. ROH wasn’t looking to get the work visas renewed for their talents ahead of the recent acquisition of the company by Tony Khan. It was confirmed earlier this month that none of the previous ROH stars were under contract any longer as well.

Johnson noted if Bandido is unable to get short-term renewal on his work visa soon, he likely will have to return to working in Mexico and won’t be appearing at US indie events later this year until he receives a new work visa.

Bandido is going to drop the PWG title in Rio.  ?

I’m sure TK is as disappointed as all of us that Deonna can't work the show, but this will do!  Knowing of Willow's prior Honor involvement, I've been envisioning this restart as a great platform for her surging talents.  Tho, equally a great platform for a wily vet like Mercedes to stretch some rooks and teach 'em the ropes.  So exciting!  I haven't been this excited for a Wrestlemania weekend since X7.  No, I won't be watching day 1 or 2 of Mania.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

Purrazzo will be holding her "champ-champ open challenge" at Impact Multiverse of Madness the same night beginning at 10 p.m Eastern time. AEW President Tony Khan said on the Strong Style YouTube show last Friday that he didn't want to make Purrazzo wrestle twice in the same evening. 

"I don't want to put her in a tough position where she has to wrestle twice in a span of a few hours but that could happen. Scott and I are still talking," he said. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamBroken said:

I'm surprised since theres 2 hours between ROH and Impact's shows starting and it's only about 30 minute travel between the venues that they wouldn't have had Deonna work both. 

I suspect a run-in isn’t out of the question.  

Love how not only is Mark just randomly eating in his promos for no real reason but eating stuff that clearly makes it even harder for him to be understood.   

"Worried about cementing their legacy.  Bitch I cement driveways and get paid for that shit"   ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Love how not only is Mark just randomly eating in his promos for no real reason but eating stuff that clearly makes it even harder for him to be understood.   

"Worried about cementing their legacy.  Bitch I cement driveways and get paid for that shit"   ?

Yeah, I might have to get clearance from the wife to get this PPV.

• Like 1

For the first time in years I'm buying an ROH show again.  Heck, it's the first time buying anything ROH in that time as well.  Feels kind of weird but pretty good at the same time.  I hope with renewed interest in them they knock this out of the park.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Oh man, stay for the end.

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

Briscoes cutting promos in a gazebo you know they built themselves while Mark sucks down what I hope is a tub of Cool Whip.

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

For the first time in years I'm buying an ROH show again.  Heck, it's the first time buying anything ROH in that time as well.  Feels kind of weird but pretty good at the same time.  I hope with renewed interest in them they knock this out of the park.

#FTR vs. Dem Boys is by far the wrestling match I'm most looking forward to this week. True dream match.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I have little doubt that this show will be tremendous, but who knows.  I heard a critic complaining about the lack of an exciting card here; which is fair if you're expecting an AEW card.  I am not.  I am fully game for AEW's version of NXT.  I want to see new talent, and some of the lost AEW undercard, get a place to shine.   

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

#FTR vs. Dem Boys is by far the wrestling match I'm most looking forward to this week. True dream match.

Absofuckinlutely!  Kinda hoping this one gets the Main Event.  

• Like 4

I'm someone who isn't overwhelmed by this card. I had mostly checked out of ROH so I'm not familiar with how the last year or two had gone. Regardless of feeling like the card is a little underwhelming, I do think it'll be a good card. Some very good workers in a new unknown atmosphere, could produce some good stuff. I'd normally take a wait and see approach to it but man... that FTR / Briscoes match is calling my name. I may end up buying this just to support that match and the killer Twitter promos they've been killing it with.

Also knowing TK needs to deliver on night one, I'm kind of expecting some kind of fun surprise. Putting my money on unannounced Cesaro match. I would have said him vs Joe but I think the math works out to Joe not being free for another week after this event.

• Like 1

Reports concur with that Joe timeline.  Bummer, but happy to know and to adjust my expectations accordingly.  I like the idea of Claudio in ROH.  Especially if it means reconnecting with his old friend Chris, but I do get the feeling he'll be 'All Elite'.  

43 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It might. Aren't they working the Impact show at the same time as well?

True.  It might be a tough match to follow, but considering the logistics perhaps they'll open with it.