DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NFL PLAYOFFS: SUPER~ WILDCARD~ WEEKEND~!

Dolfan in NYC

Never underestimate the ability of Jimmy G to not be able to put a game away.  

WOW was Kittle lucky

This has been the  one of most insane last minute in playoff history.  The game was over, then it was pushed back 5 inches on review to make 4th down and then a penalty when they made a 4th down

Edited by hammerva

Can't blame the referee on that one, he has to touch the ball and there was a giant wall of massive people in the way. I give him credit for literally pushing aside football players to try to touch the ball, to let the play happen. He wasn't in the way, the players were.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

That is the 2nd time the ref got in the way and ran out of time.   Still an incredibly stupid call to run it with no time outs

The ref didn't get in the way, the offensive line got in his way

13 minutes ago, Tabe said:

If you're mad at the refs because you didn't have time left after running a quarterback draw with no timeouts... 

and after all the hoops the refs jumped through to even give Dallas the ball back in the first place, too.

Anyway, Kyle Shanahan is very good at deciding to Stop Doing What's Working and outsmart himself.  But Mike McCarthy just demonstrated once again he is The Master thereof by running up the middle with no timeouts left

He traded two 40 yard endzone throws for that QB draw and either one of the two could've at least drawn a penalty, or something.

next week will probably be Not Very Fun but 49ers Beating Dallas in a playoff game is way above and beyond what I thought this season was going to be.  Successful Season assured.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

and after all the hoops the refs jumped through to even give Dallas the ball back in the first place, too.

Anyway, Kyle Shanahan is very good at deciding to Stop Doing What's Working and outsmart himself.  But Mike McCarthy just demonstrated once again he is The Master thereof by running up the middle with no timeouts left

He traded two 40 yard endzone throws for that QB draw and either one of the two could've at least drawn a penalty, or something.

next week will probably be Not Very Fun but 49ers Beating Dallas in a playoff game is way above and beyond what I thought this season was going to be.  Successful Season assured.

Bobby, have to agree with everything  you said.  Sending  Dallas home in the playoffs makes this an A+ season. ?

the Chiefs are a rare team that needs someone to hire their offensive coordinator to be a head coach, because I don't think Bieniemy is actually making this offense better. They're way too conservative so far tonight.

Of course Pederson and Nagy getting fired relatively quick and the ambiguity about what Bieniemy actually does as a OC isn't gonna help his prospects.

I've been watching football for 30 years and I don't think I've ever seen a game end on a planned QB run way out of range to score with sub-20 seconds left on the clock. I wonder if Dak audibled that or if McCarthy called it based on the sideline protection.

3 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I've been watching football for 30 years and I don't think I've ever seen a game end on a planned QB run way out of range to score with sub-20 seconds left on the clock. I wonder if Dak audibled that or if McCarthy called it based on the sideline protection.

According to PFT it was McCarthy's decision:

After the game, Cowboys coach Mike McCarthy told reporters that they practice the quarterback draw in that situation every week, via Ed Werder of ESPN. (Apparently, they don’t practice it enough.) Prescott stayed up for too long and, as mentioned above, he failed to give the ball to the umpire.

McCarthy also said he was told by officials that the modified sky judge apparatus operated from the league office was likely to put more time on the clock. That didn’t happen, obviously.

That was one of the most batshit insane playoff games I can remember in some time.  I think it was fitting seeing this on Nickelodeon as those last couple minutes felt like a clown show.  Then you had that ending and everything just went off the rails.  It was fitting that they were still talking about kids stuff and slime while the crowd is completely beside themselves.  But while I am fine with Dallas since my friend is a huge fan I'm very happy 49ers won just for George Kittle.  I don't think they'll go far but I find it impossible to root against a guy who proudly represents "Cero Miedo" as much as he does.