DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NFL PLAYOFFS: SUPER~ WILDCARD~ WEEKEND~!

Dolfan in NYC

I feel like the refereeing was so bad that neither side can complain it hurt them more, but as a neutral party watching it, I hate when referees make really bad decisions and make that the focus. They should be background characters, not the main attraction. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I feel like the refereeing was so bad that neither side can complain it hurt them more, but as a neutral party watching it, I hate when referees make really bad decisions and make that the focus. They should be background characters, not the main attraction. 

Yup, the best referees are the ones you don't even notice.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I dunno...the refs gave the Bengals that TD even though it should've been waived off because of the whistle. The incompetence affected both sides lol.

The worst rule in sports had to be,  if we fuck up and blow the whistle for no good reason,  we can take a touchdown of the board. I understand that they should have taken the score off the board,  but I have no problem with them not taking that touchdown of the board. They blew the whistle while the pass was traveling in the air, which makes no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 2

This was 100% what the Bills had to do. A low scoring close 'grind it out' game would have favored New England with their run game, the Bills had to get the early lead to force Jones to have to throw. Which not only isn't the Pats' strong suit but pass defense is the Bills' strong suit, making it really hard for New England to catch up. So this game went about perfectly for what they needed.

• Like 1