DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling Spoilers for 1/20/22 - Dallas, TX

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Jordynne Grace(c) def. Lady Frost (8:30) to retain the Impact Digital Media championship. After the match, Matt Cardona came out and pointed at the Digital Media championship.

Impact Wrestling - Airing January 20, 2022 from Dallas, TX

*Tasha Steelz (w/ Savannah Evans) def. Chelsea Green (4:35) with a crucifix bomb. Mickie James did commentary. After the match, Tasha cut a promo, saying she would send Mickie back to her husband and son as a failure. Mickie attacked Tasha but Savannah got involved for a two on one beatdown until Chelsea made the save.

*The Influence (Madison Rayne & Tenille Dashwood) (w/ Kaleb with a K) def. Havok in a 2 on 1 handicap match (4:00) with a double team after they injured Rosemary's shoulder prior to the match starting. 

*W. Morrissey def. Zicky Dice & VSK (1:11) pinning both after a chokeslam and powerbomb. Brian Myers did commentary. After the match, Morrissey got the mic and said if Moose won't give him a title shot, he's going to the back to find him.

*Jonathan Gresham(c) def. Steve Maclin (10:20) via pinfall in a figure four leglock using the ropes to retain the ROH Worlds Championship in a Pure Rules match. The ROH group watched the match from the balcony.

*Doc Gallows & Joe Doering (w/ Eric Young & Deaner) def. Heath & Rhino (9:44) when Gallows pinned Heath with a double chokeslam after interference from Deaner. Karl Anderson did commentary. 

*Josh Alexander def. Charlie Haas (12:20) via ankle lock submission. Chris Sabin did commentary. After the match, they shake hands and hug until the ROH invaders (Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Vincent, & PCO) jumped them. Sabin, Rich Swann, Willie Mack, Heath, & Rhino try to make the save but get beat down until Eddie Edwards runs out with his kendo stick for the save. The ROH crew retreated to the balcony, where Maria Kanellis cut a promo saying that once upon a time they all believed in Miracles and Honor but now this is Honor No More. Eddie Edwards gave a passionate speech, saying they are Impact and will not be disrespected. Haas ended up being stretchered out after the show.

Edited by DreamBroken

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

Any word on Haas's condition? I think he was legit injured from what I heard.

He suffered a concussion (doing a corner charge and ended up hitting Josh's knee and the rope) but is said to be okay and is scheduled to resume wrestling this weekend.

As a result of the injury, he's launched a Pro Wrestling Tees with his first shirt saying "Charlie Haas Is Not Dead".

I know he was used here because he was local, but I hope he ends up doing more in Impact.

Another good show. Tasha Steelz looked great in-ring and on mic, definitely eventually want to see her as the champ. Really liked the IInspiration's promo, thought they did excellent there. 

Thought Steve Maclin looked fantastic here also and is starting to show some real star potential. Main event was good stuff as expected, more Haas please. I dug the use of old ROH clips to hype up Haas. 

I guess BTI will be online exclusive now with Impact in 60 moving to that spot before Impact and NJPW returning to AXS. Glad to see NJPW back on it's old home. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

Oh man, that Jonathan Gresham/Steve Maclin match was great,    That's the first Pure Rules match I've seen in front of a crowd and I like that they got the style over to the crowd.  It's so Mid-Atlantic studio 1974 style wrestling and I loved it.    There were a lot of handicapped matches between the actual matches.  Chelsea Green is underrated.  Joe Doering and Luke Gallows are a fun tag team.  HEY! CHARLIE HAAS!  Josh Alexander is the best wrestlier in IMPACT? Oh, I dunno with that Steve Maclin match tonight.  More wrestling on IMPACT than on Dynamite this week.  HUZZAH!

• Like 2

Great Knockouts stuff as usual. I'm glad to see Tasha get this opportunity. Loved the stuff with her and Mickie and could easily see her as the next champ.

I'm enjoying this Inspiration/Influence feud. Just two silly, self-absorbed teams going at it. Good promo from the Inspiration to hype it up too. 

• Like 2

Dude, Taven is so gloriously douchey

"You think we're just going to let you back in here?!"

"YES!"

"After that crap you pulled last week!"

"YES!"

I was kind of split on the pure rules when I was really into RoH but I felt like they were perfect for Nigel to put over he was a great wrestler and give him opportunities to do some really creative heel stuff. Gresham really used them in a "wrestling" sense though and really got over how he was able to use them throughout the match vs. the first time Maclin was in a match with those rules. Hoping to see more of that. 

Jessie and Cassie forever 

Also I can't believe I'm saying this given the company's history (I know it's a totally different jawn from the LOLTNA days) but I'm really considering going to the Philly tapings in March. They're the go home shows for Rebellion too.

• Like 2

The Gresham/Macklin and Hass/Alexander matches were bangers. Tasha looked good in her match. Odd seeing 3 handicap matches this week if you count the Darby/Sting/Acclaimed match too but they served their purpose. Probably my favorite wrestling show this week assuming Rampage or Smackdown don't do something tonight to make me change my mind.

• Like 2