Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

There are claims online that the Broncos - after seeing that amazing offensive performance this past weekend - will be hiring Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett as their next HC

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

There are claims online that the Broncos - after seeing that amazing offensive performance this past weekend - will be hiring Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett as their next HC

Hope he can Hack It

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

There are claims online that the Broncos - after seeing that amazing offensive performance this past weekend - will be hiring Packers OC Nathaniel Hackett as their next HC

If Hackett is good for 10 points with Aaron Rodgers, what's he getting you with Drew Lock?  0.000036?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The update on the Broncos search from other - probably better qualified people than the random FOX betting guy (no not Jay Glazer) is that Hackett is one of three finalists for the Denver position. Dan Quinn and Kevin O'Connell are the other two.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't know how much stock to put into this, but the betting houses seem to think Vance Joseph is the favorite to land the Dolphins' job.  

  Reveal hidden contents

FJ9A3nYXMAcVbWL?format=jpg&name=900x900

 

What, David Culley wasn't available?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reports are Josh Allen will be 'consulted with' if (read: when) Brian Daboll gets a head coaching job, on Buffalo's next OC. 

It's widely expected that Ken Dorsey would be top of the list.   (Assuming he doesn't also leave with Daboll to become OC wherever he goes.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I don't know how much stock to put into this, but the betting houses seem to think Vance Joseph is the favorite to land the Dolphins' job.  

  Reveal hidden contents

FJ9A3nYXMAcVbWL?format=jpg&name=900x900

 

michaelscottno.gif 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Reports are Josh Allen will be 'consulted with' if (read: when) Brian Daboll gets a head coaching job, on Buffalo's next OC. 

It's widely expected that Ken Dorsey would be top of the list.   (Assuming he doesn't also leave with Daboll to become OC wherever he goes.)

I doubt the Bills would let him go. As for the first, it only makes sense. . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Word on the street is that the Bears will be hiring Ryan Poles (executive director of player personnel with the Chiefs) as their GM as early as today.

And if that happens - it is expected the Vikings will hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah (Browns’ VP of football operations) as their GM (their finalists are Poles and Adofo-Mensah)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Word on the street is that the Bears will be hiring Ryan Poles (executive director of player personnel with the Chiefs) as their GM as early as today.

And if that happens - it is expected the Vikings will hire Kwesi Adofo-Mensah (Browns’ VP of football operations) as their GM (their finalists are Poles and Adofo-Mensah)

Bienemy to the Bears?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

Eric M. Bieniemy Jr.

 

Born: August 15, 1969 (age 52)
New Orleans, Louisiana

 

of course he went to high school in La Puente, California and college in Colorado, but aside from that.. the league needs one former Andy Reid/Chiefs OC as a HC now that Nagy is gone, so it's either Bieniemy or Doug Pederson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well....

Dan Quinn - for the moment - is the other person getting a second interview with the Bears (for now)

EDIT - apparently Colts DC Matt Eberflus is also a finalist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And Sean Payton is retiring so the Saints will need a new HC

What's odd is some people are using the word 'retiring' and others 'stepping away'.   Which makes me think he'll be telling Dak what to do by 2024. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

"Mr. Caldwell, you wrote that your biggest priority if hired as Bears Head Coach is to 'beat the Detroit Lions by 100', any reason why you feel that way?"

I mean, Lions already looked really dumb for firing him when they did, that'll just put icing on it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

What's odd is some people are using the word 'retiring' and others 'stepping away'.   Which makes me think he'll be telling Dak what to do by 2024. 

It depends on how successful Payton is with Joe Buck. Sorta like how people thought Tony Romo announced he was going into commentary as a bluff.

Also depends on if Sean Payton isn't retiring due to some impending bad news that would have gotten him fired or whatever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the Cowboys are gonna wait out the remaining years on Payton's contract before hiring him - they will never get him.

Because by then he will go the Bill Cowher route and realize that TV is the much easier gig.

So expect Jerry to be offering up a draft pick or two next offseason

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kiffin is the most amusing Twitter follow. Just trolls everyone. 

EDIT: Payton also apparently said "I still have a vision for doing things in football... that could be coaching again in the future."

Not sure of the original source but PFF tweeted it. 

Edited by Chaos
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Also depends on if Sean Payton isn't retiring due to some impending bad news that would have gotten him fired or whatever.

The impending bad news is that they're roughly $500 billion over the cap and have junior varsity quarterbacks. It sounds like Payton just doesn't want to deal with that mess. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...