DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

7 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

big news for anybody delusionally hoping to date Shailene Woodley or Aaron Rodgers

My wife and I always laugh because her parents (both in their mid-70's) just can't comprehend that there may be pop culture that they're not up on.

For some reason, Woodley and Rodgers dating came up in conversation.  When my wife said Woodley's name, my mother-in-law angrily exclaimed, "WHOEVER SHE IS!"  So now, every time we see anything about her, we yell out "WHOEVER SHE IS!"

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

big news for anybody delusionally hoping to date Shailene Woodley or Aaron Rodgers

Don't get me wrong, if Shailene Woodley wanted to take me out to coffee, I'd go, but she doesn't rank in the top 100 of my celebrity crushes.  I've been spending all my, "maybe this woman would date me," energy on the newly single Meagan Good, and the lovely Ms. Woodley has no chance in that contest.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Aw, but they seemed so perfect for each other!  I totally thought they'd be together forevs.

The finest internet dudes in the Chiefs fanbase have chased down the Bieniemy story and have published their findings.

Come for the article hyping what this group of dudes did 9 years ago.. stay for them citing 'sources' that Bieniemy was ruining everybodys lives and eating their steaks

• Like 1

I'd think if the actual top Chiefs dudes were dropping hints about an impending OC move, they wouldn't let Chiefs Kingdom Editorial Board have the first run with the story.

A certain amount of this seems like "one of our buddies is friends with someone who knows someone who is related to a player" and some of it is staring at sidelines and making notes of which guys were talking to each other on the sidelines.

Now, if stuff like "Bieniemy told Mahomes they had timeouts when they didn't and then had another argument at halftime" is true.. that's not great.

• Like 1

That article was poorly written, and documented even worse, yet still rings at least a little true. 

Having said that, I don't care what play was called or how many timeouts he was told he had, Mahomes messed up that end of half play. 

There was a bit of fanbase anxiety over not scoring to end that half, and after the 2nd half, it seems like some of the fanbase is projecting their own anxiety/unhappiness over the end of the half onto the team.

Logically there's not really a reason to melt down because you only led 21-10 at the half instead of 28-10 or 24-10, especially when the Chiefs were getting the ball to start the second half. If they came out of halftime and scored, then it all sorta shakes out like how the failed trick play in the Bills game gets forgotten because the Chiefs started doing stuff after it happened.

There's an assortment of stuff that is sorta in the air, like "Reid only calls the opening plays and Bieniemy handles it after the script ends" because obviously we don't know when the script ends, therefore we can't really say how good the offense is with Reid and Bieniemy handling plays.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Aaron Rodgers posted a drunken and/or high IG post and now everyone is convinced he is retiring today

3 months ago I would have been crushed, now I don't give a shit. 

• Like 1

KC has cut LB Anthony Hitchens.

NO is going with co-defensive coordinators Kris Richard and Ryan Nielsen.   Because this worked really well in Miami last year. 

BUF re-signs Siran Neal  at 3/11. 

In a shocking move, Buccaneers Pro Bowl left guard Ali Marpet is retiring, he announced on Instagram.

Marpet is just 28 years old and finished off his first Pro Bowl season. He is considered arguably one of the top -- if not the top -- Buccaneers offensive linemen.

A source told ESPN that Marpet made the decision due to concerns for his overall health.

The league announced all the teams giving up home games to play in International Games next season

The Packers, Buccaneers, Cardinals, Jaguars and Saints.

The NFC is the conference with 9 home games this season so that is the reason everyone but the Jags are from the NFC

Packers and Saints will play in Tottenham, Jags in Wembley. Bucs are playing in Germany. Arizona is playing in Mexico.

And with Green Bay finally going to London, all 32 teams will have played their at least once

This is why I don't want the Browns to sign Baker Mayfield long term.  I think Kirk is better than Baker for what it's worth, but if you have a good enough quarterback, you'll never be good enough.  The amount of money it takes to pay a quarterback that doesn't ultimately make your team any better is asking for years of misery.  

• Like 1