DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

15 hours ago, gatling said:

I thought Welker might be someone that McDaniel would bring with him from the Niners staff.

Receivers need to learn the way to maximize the amount of CTE they can receive from catching passes over the middle. They'll learn from the best. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mister TV said:

Dick Vermeil shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame, he was a good coach but not Hall of Fame worthy.

What, you don't think a guy who had a non-winning record in more than half his seasons should be in the Hall?

I'd forgotten he coached Kansas City - and that he lasted 5 years doing it.  2 losing records, a .500, and 2 good seasons in 5.

Edited by Tabe

I guess the getting two franchises to the Super Bowl and winning one of them is what gets him over the top?

I don't know, I don't think he's a terrible choice, but he's not a real strong one either.

Edited by Brian Fowler

14 hours ago, hammerva said:

Um can someone explain to me how Bryant Young is a HOF.   

This is from a Niners story hence why the language is over the top but still

Through 14 seasons, Young started all 208 games he appeared in, amassed 89.5 sacks, 774 total tackles, 27 passes defensed, eight forced fumbles, six fumble recoveries and three safeties. His 89.5 career sacks rank sixth all-time in the NFL at defensive tackle. He registered at least 6.0 sacks in six of his first seven seasons and at least 9.5 sacks in four of those six. He also ranks third on the team's all-time career sacks list and owns the 49ers franchise record in career safeties.

As one of the most complete defensive linemen in NFL history, Young was named to four Pro Bowls (1996, 1999, 2001-02), earned first-team All-Pro honors (1996), a three-time second-team All-Pro (1998, 1999, 2001), two-time PFW First-Team All-NFC (1996, 2001), named to the NFL 1990's All-Decade Team and Defensive Rookie of the Year honors (1994), in addition to his Comeback Player of the Year recognition and Super Bowl XXIX championship.

I bolded that because he was technically 2nd team - that being said 13 members of the 2nd team are in the HOF (the only members of the 1st team not in are Darren Bennett (P) and Michael Bates (KR))

• Like 1

If the Chiefs switch OCs, i'm preparing for a lot of hindsight if the Chiefs offense isn't as good as the last 4 years and/or if they don't make another conference title game

Also the amount of drama going on here is either (a) overdoing it if things were as normal as they insist or (b) a sign that something happened during the AFCCG/season and they need to bring everybody together to bring back a coordinator who was around for 4 consecutive conference title games

I probably typed this on here already but Bieniemy going somewhere else probably doesn't move the dial much towards him being an NFL HC, unless he becomes the OC of a team that fires their head coach 9 games into the 2022 season or something fluky. The key to leaving the Chiefs to prove himself involves people not thinking he left the Chiefs under a cloud.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2022 at 8:56 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Congratulations to Rodgers on his 4th MVP. 

Sleazy Aaron Rodgers really is pretty awesome. Like if this guy were to get any sleazier, I'd expect him to make an enemy mine face-turn to help Lawler and Jarrett deal with the Moon dogs...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Comedian said:

Sleazy Aaron Rodgers really is pretty awesome. Like if this guy were to get any sleazier, I'd expect him to make an enemy mine face-turn to help Lawler and Jarrett deal with the Moon dogs...

someone else already made a Raising Arizona joke about Rodgers quickly

OBJ appears to have torn his ACL last night. 

Assuming the standard timeline, he should be available in October or November next season.  

Main issue is, he's now a free agent.  So, I'm guessing, based on his injury prone history, someone next season is going to pick him up on the extreme cheap in a prove it deal. 

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Did you hear Mike McDaniel's interview on the LeBatard show last week?  LeBatard asked him specifically what he was going to do with the historically terrible offensive line, and his answer was roughly, "the players aren't great, but the scheme was worse.  We'll keep the players we can salvage, but we will implement a scheme that actually puts them in a position to succeed."  Then he named all the teams that he worked for and how they fixed their offensive line play.  I have no idea if he'll be a good coach, but one thing is clear, he's put a lot of thought into how to fix the Dolphins' offensive line.  

Two ACL tears in the same knee is exponentially harder to come back from. I feel for the guy. On one hand really feel good story, him getting a Super Bowl win after being shunned by Gettleman in NY and treated like a nobody by Cleveland. But to tear you same ACL again only 16 months after the first time... that's not a good sign. Hope he's able to come back. But more importantly hope his knee isn't a long term problem for the rest of his life. The Rams will surely offer something to keep him. Even if it's a low ball offer. Hopefully he finally found a franchise that will stick with him through a tough time. Because NY & Cleveland both did him dirty.

6 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

OBJ appears to have torn his ACL last night. 

Assuming the standard timeline, he should be available in October or November next season.  

Main issue is, he's now a free agent.  So, I'm guessing, based on his injury prone history, someone next season is going to pick him up on the extreme cheap in a prove it deal. 

The Rams already indicated that they wanted him back and if he truly has a torn ACL - his best bet would probably be taking the one year to stay with the Rams, prove he is healthy and then try again next year

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 9:51 AM, RIPPA said:

The Arizona slander of Kyler Murray has begun

And now there are reports that Murray took himself out of the 34-11 playoff loss and that the team is not happy with him for that.

• Like 1

Rob Ryan is joining Las Vegas as a senior defensive assistant

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/12/rob-ryan-joining-raiders-as-a-senior-defensive-assistant/

I hope the producers of Raiders games cut to his reaction after every play just like before. 

• Haha 1

Yeah, I was pretty sure OBJ's knee was toast the second he went down. Those non-contact injuries seem to almost always be nasty blown out knees.

If he gets healthy and stays in L.A., and Woods comes back at full strength, that's potentially a terrifying trio of receivers to try and cover.

Edited by Brian Fowler
  • Like 1