Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON


RIPPA
 Share

Recommended Posts

In random assistant news - the Bills hired Joe Brady as QB coach (Brady was the one run out of Carolina last year as Matt Rhule tried to keep his job)

Also - there is rumblings supposedly that the Lions want to hire Matt Nagy as OC

And supposedly, the Pats are talking to both Bill O'Brien and Adam Gase to being their OC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mike McDaniel is doing his 2nd interview today.  Kellen Moore is doing his 2nd tomorrow.  

The decision is expected this weekend.  I *will* be... nonplussed if they make the wrong decision. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also - there is rumblings supposedly that the Lions want to hire Matt Nagy as OC

Yes, absolutely bring in the guy whose offense was somehow worse (18.3 pts/game) than your own (19.1 pts/game).  I know Dan Campbell doesn't want to continue calling plays but Detroit scored 29+ in 3 of their last 4 games after Campbell took over that duty.  Jared Goff threw 9 TDs in those 4 games and actually resembled an NFL quarterback.  So, yeah, definitely bring in the guy whose teams have consistently looked lost on offense the last few years.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

In random assistant news - the Bills hired Joe Brady as QB coach (Brady was the one run out of Carolina last year as Matt Rhule tried to keep his job)

Also - there is rumblings supposedly that the Lions want to hire Matt Nagy as OC

And supposedly, the Pats are talking to both Bill O'Brien and Adam Gase to being their OC

The meteoric rise and (partial) fall of Joe Brady sure is something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JLowe said:

The meteoric rise and (partial) fall of Joe Brady sure is something.

I'm surprised he didn't get a major college OC job the moment he was free.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

And supposedly, the Pats are talking to both Bill O'Brien and Adam Gase to being their OC

Saban indicated this week that he thought O'Brien would probably stay on staff. Also, let's ruin Josh Allen with Adam Gase. That sounds like an awesome idea. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Saban indicated this week that he thought O'Brien would probably stay on staff. Also, let's ruin Josh Allen with Adam Gase. That sounds like an awesome idea. 

Yes, but...

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm surprised he didn't get a major college OC job the moment he was free.

We'll see what Saban does if BoB goes to NE. Saban does like to rehab coaches reputations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

meanwhile, Chiefs assistant coach movezzz

Daly goes from Run Game Coordinator/Defensive Line Coach to Linebackers coach, and Joe Cullen goes from Jaguars Defensive Coordinator to Chiefs DL coach. Cullen was the DL coach for the Jaguars (2010-12), Browns (2013), Bucs (2014-15) and Ravens (2016-20)

Matt House went from being the Chiefs Linebackers coach to LSU's DC after 2021.

Edited by Cobra Commander
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Saban indicated this week that he thought O'Brien would probably stay on staff. Also, let's ruin Josh Allen with Adam Gase. That sounds like an awesome idea. 

Um. . .the Bills hired Ken Dorsey. Do you mean Mac Jones? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

Um. . .the Bills hired Ken Dorsey. Do you mean Mac Jones? 

It's been a long day. I blended the line about the Bills hiring Brady with the Pats interviewing.

When you stare at meetings and pricing tables while also scrolling Twitter for Auburn updates, mistakes get made. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Totally random, absolutely amazing fact from a Ringer article Friday

The Houston Texans have played 331 games in franchise history.

Tom Brady played in 330 games in his career. If the Bucs had made the Superbowl, Brady would've had more games than the Texans franchise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More Assistant news

Colts hire Gus Bradley to be DC (Gus was in Vegas)

Vegas hires Patrick Graham to be DC (Graham was with the Giants)

Giants will hire someone from Buffalo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dammit - forgot to add

Niners are hiring Anthony Lynn to be Assistant Head Coach

Most people are assuming this means Miami is hiring Mike McDaniel as HC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rumors:

Texans wanted Flores from jump, but he really wanted the Giants job so he waited. Texans also wanted some say so on the offensive side of the ball, which Flores wasn’t happy with. So they waited to see if he was going to take the Giants gig or not.  Then the lawsuit.

Gannon they like as the backup but he felt like he was twisting in the wind and wants to back out.

Now that Flores and Gannon are backing out …

Its McCown. God’s will be done. Have mercy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

This means McCown is out, right? 

Right?

Oh God.

Flores has got to be the one who backed out. Assuming the shield is competent at all(big if,granted),some is screaming at the Texans, telling them to NOT hire McCown. . .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Flores has got to be the one who backed out. Assuming the shield is competent at all(big if,granted),some is screaming at the Texans, telling them to NOT hire McCown. . .

If that’s true, just announce Gannon as the coach already. I feel like it’s been years this search has been going on.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...