DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

If I had to guess, I would go with "Tom really is planning to retire, but he's pissed the news broke before he was ready to announce it" but that's based on nothing.

Based on SportsCenter still going all in with this story, I'm all but guaranteeing you that you're 100% correct.

I'll just add that the angriest person in the world right now is Ben Rothlisberger. 

• Like 1

Part of me is surprised Brady even played in 2021, he must have really thought they had a chance to win another SB (which to be fair, they did have a chance). He proved his point when he left New England and won a Super Bowl last year. But now with the team more in flux for 2022 and of course being a year older, obviously he isn't interested in any type of rebuild, its either Super Bowl or bust. I hope Tampa Bay fans enjoyed their two years in the sun (I'm sure they did), as they are going right back to mediocre.

Obviously I strongly dislike Brady, but that doesn't mean I don't recognize how good he is. I'll be happy he is gone, and I don't think he's the type to become a talking head/commentator so maybe I won't have to see his smug little face anymore except for when he is selling his scam diet or NFTs.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Based on SportsCenter still going all in with this story, I'm all but guaranteeing you that you're 100% correct.

I'll just add that the angriest person in the world right now is Ben Rothlisberger. 

Be funny if he's so mad he decides "fuck it, I'm gonna go beat everyone again"

15 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Given the way that the official NFL social media pages have absolutely flooded out Tom Brady retirement material it's going to be hilarious if he doesn't retire.

Hell, my local CBS stations app blasted out a thing about it. Man's never played for a South Carolina team.

It should be note that the Raiders are indeed doing the Josh McDaniels/Dave Ziegler HC/GM combo

Also McDaniels will be the one calling the plays

Assuming he doesn't change his mind - this will leave 5 HC openings (for now)

The Jags appear to indeed be fucking this up

Since they apparently won't get rid of Trent Baalke, they look to be moving on from Byron Leftwich

So they pivoted to wanting to interview Rams OC Kevin O'Connell but since they didn't request an interview with him during the proper interview window for teams in the playoffs, they can't interview him till after the Super Bowl (oh and O'Connell is also a finalist for the Vikings gig.)

So now they are interviewing Rich Bisaccia who apparently Mark Davis hates

• Haha 1

In Miami, it looks like the job is going to Mike McDaniel, who's getting his second interview today.  With the only real complication being if Harbaugh actually wants to leave Michigan.  

And if Jim does, he's going to want complete control, so there's that too.

5 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

The Jags need to look towards another part of the Khan family empire for inspiration and hire a coach who was being underutilized by the 2020 XFL or something.

SEND HOOK

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And (ugh) Armando Salguero is reporting that Harbaugh actually wants the Miami job and this is a smokescreen.  His source is probably an opossum that has invaded his pantry. 

As someone who just spent a long weekend in Florida and then had to come back to Michigan in January, I gotta be honest: if Jim wants to move to Miami, I don't blame the man. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just an observation... why are the Broncos the only one that had their shit together this coaching cycle? Interviewed 10 candidates in 7 days, narrowed it down to three and got their first choice. Every other team seemed like they were flopping around like a fish out of water.

24 minutes ago, KidNatural said:

Just an observation... why are the Broncos the only one that had their shit together this coaching cycle? Interviewed 10 candidates in 7 days, narrowed it down to three and got their first choice. Every other team seemed like they were flopping around like a fish out of water.

Because their top choice was unexpectedly available

The Packers getting upset in the divisional round made Hackett available. 

One of their three finalists withdrew from the process (and part of that was because he only wanted one job which wasn't Denver)

If they had preferred Kevin O'Connell - we would still be waiting on their choice.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Now seriously, gtfo Tom.  And take all your hydration and goat shit with you. 

1/3rd of my football demons are extinguished. Now, let's make haste with the retirements of Saban and Belichick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2