DVDVR Message Board

2022 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

If you can make a quality pizza in an hour, I need to know your methods.  Pizza is not fast food at all.  Making a quality pizza dough might take you a couple days.  At the very least it will take a few hours.  I make a decent Detroit style pizza which is not only the only thing from Michigan I'll allow in my house, but it's about as quick of a pizza as humanly possible.  It takes over 4 hours from start to finish to make the dough, the sauce, put it all together and bake it.  

I mean, yeah, if you're making the dough yourself, and so on, you're looking at multiple hours.  I was thinking more along the lines of baking a pre-made (but quality) pizza from somewhere.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

If you can make a quality pizza in an hour, I need to know your methods.  Pizza is not fast food at all.  Making a quality pizza dough might take you a couple days.  At the very least it will take a few hours.  I make a decent Detroit style pizza which is not only the only thing from Michigan I'll allow in my house, but it's about as quick of a pizza as humanly possible.  It takes over 4 hours from start to finish to make the dough, the sauce, put it all together and bake it.  

Make a large amount of dough and if you’re inclined sauce, then freeze it and thaw when needed. Or do what I now do and buy dough from a bakery, both of the Mom & Pop bakery’s near me sell pizza dough and usually sell out on the weekends. Sauce wise, the Rao’s pizza or marinara sauce is as close to homemade as you can get. 

But if you’re not into the hassle of making it yourself, spend your extra few bucks and get your pizza from a small business. 

I ate so much Papa Johns in college that I'll always have fond memories of their pizza, but I haven't had it in probably 15 years. Now we just use the more localized pizza places, I can't remember the last time I had pizza from a national chain.

Still, y'all a bunch of snobs, nothing wrong with some cheap and fast pizza sometimes.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I ate so much Papa Johns in college that I'll always have fond memories of their pizza, but I haven't had it in probably 15 years. Now we just use the more localized pizza places, I can't remember the last time I had pizza from a national chain.

Still, y'all a bunch of snobs, nothing wrong with some cheap and fast pizza sometimes.

Yep. Sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants.

I remember Papa John's coming into Peoria back in the early 90s, putting a store across the street from Bradley and just obliterating the competition... I think you could get a large one-topping pie and breadsticks for $6, which was highway robbery compared to what the other neighborhood joints were pitching. They had so much business that the lines were out the door more often than not and one night a friend and I literally walked out with two pies we were never actually charged for. ("How much did it cost?" "I thought you paid for it. "I thought you paid for it!" "Keep walking!")

• Like 1

The Garlic dipping sauce is S-Tier and has kept Papa John's in business, as far as I'm concerned.  

Back to things that are at least football releated:

Justice for Zach!

• Like 4

Count me in for eating probably too much Papa Johns in college. The one near the Notre Dame campus would thankfully deliver to my friends apartment where we would be at with a bunch of TVs and Xboxes playing Halo. We always said we had a coupon for buy one get one free and so every Friday or Saturday we were getting two pizzas from Papa Johns for the price of one and they would deliver until past midnight. 

Now though? Other than that garlic sauce, I don't like Papa Johns and we stick to locally owned pizza joints.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Papa John's has a lot of really good sides, but they have, imo, hands down the worst pizza of any of the major national chains.

I'm of the opinion that all pizza chain wings are trash. They're always over sauced, under fried,  and pretty much terrible. 

On 6/17/2022 at 12:04 PM, RIPPA said:

Both the Cowboys and Commanders have been fined and docked OTA Days next year for violations this year

Texans too! We matter! Or maybe we just got fined. I don’t know, wasn’t paying attention

On 6/15/2022 at 3:47 PM, Tabe said:

I mean, yeah, if you're making the dough yourself, and so on, you're looking at multiple hours.  I was thinking more along the lines of baking a pre-made (but quality) pizza from somewhere.

My son's restaurant makes a 4-day dough!  It takes 4 days to make dough!  It's really fucking good though.  Try 40 North next time you're in Austin.  It's the best pizza in town!  Seriously!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

My son's restaurant makes a 4-day dough!  It takes 4 days to make dough!  It's really fucking good though.  Try 40 North next time you're in Austin.  It's the best pizza in town!  Seriously!

The burnt edge Neopolitan style isn't my preferred but I will check it out! sometime soon!

On 6/17/2022 at 10:04 AM, RIPPA said:

Both the Cowboys and Commanders have been fined and docked OTA Days next year for violations this year

and here's the official joint statement from Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder on the fines:

scott-hall-scott.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

If I'm ever in Austin, I'll definitely try it. 

As a Raiders fan, my only memory of Siragusa is the 2000 AFC Championship game.

His dirty hit put Rich Gannon down and led to the Raiders losing.

He wound up getting fined for the hit, but the damage to the Raiders was much worse than to his wallet.

The Ravens went on to win the Super Bowl.

This was the peak of the Raiders first Gruden run and they were a tough team.

R.I.P. Goose